Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    We do not know YET. It could happen. It's quite clear that nowadays Kul'Tiras isn't where it should be, so the logical train of thought is that it's moved because of the Cataclysm.

If it's not moved, it could have partially shattered, or sink, or whatever.
    Yeah it has moved, I agree on that but I did not understand why it should have necessarily moved to the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What's the difference? Tried to find some but I couldn't. Kezan, Broken Isles, Pandaria, all of them are nearly at the same position on both maps.
    No horde symbol in Azshara, no flooded 1k Needles, lots of other less major details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Whatever the reason for it not being there is, they're not really required to have an explanation for that. Broken Isles is totally in the way going to Northrend but we always sailed or flew around it for some reason. One of those in-game/lore discrepancies I'm sure some people can't get to accept. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "The mists"

/10 char

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Whatever the reason for it not being there is, they're not really required to have an explanation for that. Broken Isles is totally in the way going to Northrend but we always sailed or flew around it for some reason. One of those in-game/lore discrepancies I'm sure some people can't get to accept. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    They even retconned the whole BI into one isle instead of several shattered ones. They can do whatever they want.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

And what has this to do with Kul'tiras? Tol Barad and Kul'tiras are pretty far apart from each other I don't know why they should been related just look at the Chronicle map. Kul'tiras would be right above (not north of Vashj'ir, above) Vash'jir now, that's right, but why must it move North with the Cataclysm?
    The island didn't move; Blizzard had to deflect a question as to why Vashj'ir was in Kul Tiras's historical location.

a) Kul Tiras was one of the seven kingdoms.
    b) Thirty years of established lore has it at the mouth of Baradin Bay.
    c) Tol Barad is a part of the Channel Islands.
    d) The map of the Sundering has it at the mouth of Baradin Bay.
    e) It's only being moved for the purposes of game play.
    f) The only logical place for it to go is... north of Vashj'ir (as that's still in-line with the lore).
    g) Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-11 at 09:52 PM.

Build is out, no changes to Kul Tiras textures but they weren't removed either.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-07-11 at 10:06 PM. Reason: you stupid fuck its kul tiras not kirin tor yes they start with the same letters but COME ON

Build is out, no changes to Kirin Tor textures but they weren't removed either.
    I mean... I don't think they removed the Iron Horde stuff either and regardless it would be a bigger red flag if they removed it than if they left it in.

Build is out, no changes to Kirin Tor textures but they weren't removed either.
    You mean Kul'Tiras right? Too bad, but predictible, I don't think we'll get anything about next expansion for a while. Anything interesting concerning 7.3 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You mean Kul'Tiras right? Too bad, but predictible, I don't think we'll get anything about next expansion for a while. Anything interesting concerning 7.3 though?
    Yes. Kul Tiras. That's what I get for multitasking broken update scripts and posting on MMOC!

We'll see, not sure yet. I only focus on initial filename diffs + minimaps. I let other people handle all the other stuff.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-07-11 at 10:17 PM.

More details on the Antorus raid, there's a bunch of new stuff on WoWhead.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    More details on the Antorus raid, there's a bunch of new stuff on WoWhead.
    And on MMO-Champion frontpage as well.

The Cataclysm has literally shattered all that, so Kul'Tiras could be anywhere now. Vashj'ir is where KT was supposed to be, so KT has logically moved somewhere else.
    That is now how land masses work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People are spending pages and pages arguing about the position of the islands when lets be honest :
    1. It doesn't matter
    2. They can retcon and move them without ever give us a reason why, it really isn't that important on the grand scheme of things
    This is kind of normal behavior for a hype thread low on content. You get used to it.

People are spending pages and pages arguing about the position of the islands when lets be honest :
    1. It doesn't matter
    2. They can retcon and move them without ever give us a reason why, it really isn't that important on the grand scheme of things
    First expansion on MMOC I assume?

1. It doesn't matter
    Classical MMO-Champion speculation my friend! We got nothing new, so you know, we do what we can with what we have!

Have instanced islands.... go to dock... talk to NPC ship captain on your floating garrison err boat, and say where you wanna go. A short boat ride and an indiana jones red line on a map later and you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Have instanced islands.... go to dock... talk to NPC ship captain on your floating garrison err boat, and say where you wanna go. A short boat ride and an indiana jones red line on a map later and you are there.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    This sounds horrible...

This sounds horrible...
    so far every expansion except cataclysm is in its own instance, so chances are Kul Tiras and whatever islands come with it will be as well.

We do not know YET. It could happen. It's quite clear that nowadays Kul'Tiras isn't where it should be, so the logical train of thought is that it's moved because of the Cataclysm.

If it's not moved, it could have partially shattered, or sink, or whatever.
    No, until proven otherwise, the logical chain of thought is that Kul Tiras is exactly where it has been for thirty years of lore.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this in another thread, and it's pretty interesting (nevermind... I can't get the damn thing to load):

a) Whatever... look at the flag for Kul Tiras.
    b) Look at the quote from: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Il%27gynoth

"To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars."

The Tirasian flag has a circle of stars surrounding the anchor.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-12 at 12:13 AM.