Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Respect the toy?
    A toy made to look like a lethal weapon should still be treated like a lethal weapon. Dont point it at people, dont wave it around like an idiot, etc. All it takes is one person thinking "OMG that lunatic has a gun!" before the cops show up with the real ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Apparently a member of the public saw the Joker enter the Swingers Club with Harley Quinn & a Toy Gun & called the police.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3633...s-party/#page1

When I was a young fella, my brother & I used to play "Cowboys & Indians" with plastic guns.

Now with all the crap that is happening globally, people are calling the Police if they see anything suspicious.
    A Toy gun looks like a real gun to a lot of People.
    The person reporting it is a fucking idiot and the police are fucking idiots who look like they've given orders to over react.

Play stupid game, win stupid prizes.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    If holding a plastic gun isn't a crime you shouldn't be shot over it. END OF DISCUSSION.
    Threatened a police officer is a crime though. Both articles state that the Joker wannabe drew his gun and didn't drop it when told to do so. No cop is going to walk up and see if the gun is real or not.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

No, they should not be banned.

Realistic looking toy guns are banned in my country, but you can still buy nerfs and other colorful toy guns.

I have no objections against how it works here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Very true. There was a actor ( forget what his name was ) who was killed on stage by a real firearm which was suppose to be loaded with blanks. Fake guns are also useful for training purposes.

Bruce Lee? If I remember correctly, and he isn't the only one to have that happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    For a prop gun, you would not want that. Besides, those are easily taken off or painted over. It is mainly a " Feels good " solution.

NO orange cap makes it easier for the cop to see it's a toy. If you remove said safety, which I believe is illegal to do, you have no one to blame but yourself for being shot.

Orange caps are just "feels good" they have actually lowered the rate at which children were being shot in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do stupid shit and gets fucked, what is wrong with that?

It is people that goes "I want to do stupid shit with absolutely no consequence at all!" that are the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Do stupid shit and gets fucked, what is wrong with that?

It is people that goes "I want to do stupid shit with absolutely no consequence at all!" that are the problem.

Can I shoot you for making a stupid post?

Deleted
    Toy guns.. well.. we could extend that to banning computer games with realistic looking weapons.

So no, i dont think toy guns should be banned.

I think the real ones should get banned from civil usage outside of sports- and hunter clubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can I shoot you for making a stupid post?
    Does it in anyway to make myself look like a threat that needs shooting? If so go ahead.

But I might shoot you first for that stupid respond, because anyone with half a braincell can probably get "stupid shit" I refer to would be pointing toy gun at a police.

But that may be too much for you to handle.

We should make shitty Joker/Quinn cosplay illegal.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    We should make shitty Joker/Quinn cosplay illegal.

Shitty Quinn outfit, maybe.

Slutty Quinn outfit..... I am sure you can make an exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Does it in anyway to make myself look like a threat that needs to be shot? If so go ahead.

But I might shoot you first for that stupid response, because anyone with half a brain cell can probably get "stupid shit" I referred to would be pointing toy gun at the police.

But that may be too much for you to handle.

You really should check things before trying to insult someones intelligence.

Not to mention, do you even have a gun in the UK?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you even have a gun in the UK?
    No and thanks fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should...but at the same time why is his toy gun black? Did he paint it black so it looked more realistic? If so it's his fault as much as the cop because I thought toy guns were supposed to have distinguishing markers so people know they're toys.

No they shouldn't just some restrictions in place.

Just to clarify to begin with I'm talking about metal BB (pellett) guns, typically spring loaded but you can get some fancy gas ones without the massive tank these days.

In summer time, I work in a toy shop for the extra cash and one of our best lines are BB guns. Now, we only sell to people aged 18 upwards and by law all our guns have to be coloured. They can't be black any more. A fair few years ago a teen held up a shop with one and the SWAT thought it was real and shot him dead. So since then that's were the colours come in. You can however get black painted ones if you're a member of an airsoft club and your shop has a license to sell to those members

Now, being 18+ and the guns being coloured, I think is a positive thing, as well as letting people who are in clubs have black ones (we're assuming those in the clubs are learning to respect fire arms, regardless it's pellets), but I think staff in shops need to have more say so from their bosses who they can sell to. For example take our shop, we go out of our way to find the best stater gun for a kid with supervision, talk to the parents what they can do, safety, repairs etc. But that's it, if they flash the ID I have to do the sale. 9/10 that is fine, but sometimes I get a dad come in with a 8 year old son who wants to buy the biggest, hardest hitting rifle and no matter what you say they want it (like, Sir, I've given your son our display one which is 5 years old and getting lose and he can't cock it, let alone a brand new one), and to me that ridiculous. Other times, I get lads coming in and the first thing they say is "We can shoot the girls, or the little siblings", to me I think I should have the right to say no straight away. It might sound like fun and games, but we've tested on flesh (specifically mine) from a 15 ish meter distance and some of them are nasty to be blunt. Some are a laugh a sting, but we have one hand gun in, it left a swollen hard, lumped bruise in my arm that looked bloodshot like? for over a week, and I literally tell some parents this and they are like great and buy it for their kids. All that needs to happen is one stray pellet on these camp sites and that's someones sight in a eye gone, 0 exaggeration.

We also used to stock a shot gun, hell of a good gun fires three pellets at once, from 5 ish meters all three pellets traveled straight through 3 cans, one box and lodged themselves into the plaster board wall. And yea, you guessed it, parents buying their 10 year olds it.

As for the OP example, that's extremely rare but personally, I don't think you can blame the police, if it's correct he physically aimed a gun at armed police .... you're gonna get shot.

Idk about your guys laws but here in the UK, if you're waving a BB gun around on the street, you can get busted for it. Hell, you can even get busted for carrying a paintball gun out of its case. So going out to a party with one - especially if it was sprayed black is asking for trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't think they should...but at the same time why is his toy gun black? Did he paint it black so it looked more realistic? If so it's his fault as much as the cop because I thought toy guns were supposed to have distinguishing markers so people know they're toys.

Many guns come black. As far as I know the US is one of the few places that require orange caps on toy guns.

Most other places have cops that don't have itchy trigger fingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many guns come black. As far as I know the US is one of the few places that require orange caps on toy guns.

Most other places have cops that don't have itchy trigger fingers.
    I used to collect Transformers and I know there were complaints around the fandom (The Original Megetron was a gun) and newer versions have to have those caps and colors were changed...one even was changed from to white.

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/...n/megatron.htm

I mean he doesn't even look like a real gun and then went nutso on making his colors rather ungun like. Where as the Japanese version is more gunlike in color.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2017-07-11 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I used to collect Transformers and I know there were complaints around the fandom (The Original Megetron was a gun) and newer versions have to have those caps and colors were changed...one even was changed from to white.

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/...n/megatron.htm

I mean he doesn't even look like a real gun and then went nutso on making his colors rather ungun like. Where as the Japanese version is more gunlike in color.

Been awhile since I have looked at toy guns. They could have changed it without me knowing. I know locally I can still purchase cap guns that look like old western revolvers. Chrome silver instead of black.