Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I'll definitely watch the highlights!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I can tell you with 100%, while I like Mythic+ a lot, you cannot run AI vs Players in an ESport Environment. This is going to be super cringy to watch, much like all of those E3 Presentations with Commentators for gameplay. It will just be wrong. Imagine if Method had commentators on their kill videos? Shit is boring and the main focus will inevitably turn to the poor soul (hopefully Lore) who will have to commentate the mundane BS.
    Think of it in terms of bicycle racing. PvP is a pursuit race, where the people involved are in direct competition with each other to win. It's all about putting pressure on the other person, and creating a dynamic situation in which you can create opportunities to win.

A PvE race like this, however, is more like a team time trial. You are competing against other people, but it's not a direct competition. It's more about using your own power and technical skills to the best of your ability, without the interference of outside forces.

Certainly people will probably like one more than the other and vice versa, but both have their own strengths and are fascinating to watch in their own way. Previously, we've never really gotten a chance to really see the effect of a longer term season of time trial-style events in eSports. It might be a wash, it's true. But there very well may be a place for shows of the kind of technical perfection that time trial events demand.

Just to understand, this is not under any sort of equalized gear rule set? If you're not on the bleeding edge of gear don't even think about bothering with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baghwan View Post
    Just to understand, this is not under any sort of equalized gear rule set? If you're not on the bleeding edge of gear don't even think about bothering with this?
    Yeah, I'm worried about that part...

This should be done on Tournament realm with preset comps, affixes and gearsets.
    Anything else would be a joke, 8/9 Mythic (maybe even 9/9 at that point) comps tearing M+ apart with gear that has nothing to do with M+ helps with what exactly?

Kinda feels like; "hey people are complaining about how repetitive M+ has become, lets throw 100k at the problem to fix it!".

Kinda seems like a poor fit...

Can you have a real race without having comp restrictions and premade characters?

This kind of thing can be clinched by how lucky people are with warforged mythic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
    "rather than waste time on the worst players in the game, we have devoted it to improving the GAME PEOPLE PLAY" is what you mean
    people who talk shit on pvp'ers are always hardstuck LFR people who wish they wouldn't get destroyed by 900mmr teams in arena

This isn't the first ever M+ tournament, why are people acting like its an unfathomable concept ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man the esports thirst is unquenchable with the WoW team.
    Well they've tried it with Arena, they didn't even bother trying it with the world first raiding scene (even back when people used to get super hyped over nothing) now it seems like they are just going to throw it at different aspects of the game just to see if it'll stick. Next we'll have Blizzard sponsored competitive leveling competitions and Transmog fashion shows as they try to see if that works after this will undoubtedly won't meet their expectations.

I really don't get why they keep trying to turn WoW segments into Esports especially when the only other games that have actually been successful Esports-wise are Starcraft and Hearthstone. HotS and Overwatch just kinda flounder along in the water whilst they never did anything with the arena system in Diablo 3.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Well good luck winning vs top mythic raiders that run 5 split raids per day.. I mean they have 935+ ilvl already rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

Maybe this means they'll eventually figure out a way to make the world first race more interesting and worthwhile.
    Never going to happen. These world first raiders are cancer to Wows development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I can tell you with 100%, while I like Mythic+ a lot, you cannot run AI vs Players in an ESport Environment. This is going to be super cringy to watch, much like all of those E3 Presentations with Commentators for gameplay. It will just be wrong. Imagine if Method had commentators on their kill videos? Shit is boring and the main focus will inevitably turn to the poor soul (hopefully Lore) who will have to commentate the mundane BS.
    I'm going to guess you've never heard of AGDQ? I do doubt WoW format will make for one of the more exciting examples to watch mind you.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2017-07-12 at 12:17 AM.

Great, guess M+ isn't going anyway time soon.... garbage content.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    Great, guess M+ isn't going anyway time soon.... garbage content.
    That no one makes you do? I hate pvp and don't do it, but there's people out there who only do pvp and enjoy it, just like there's people who only do M+. What you consider "garbage content" offers many other people enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    I'm going to guess you've never heard of AGDQ? I do doubt WoW format will make for one of the more exciting examples to watch mind you.
    Bad example considering there is countless cringe comps of it every year.

Deleted
    People have been asking for more incentives to run high level PVE content as a competition, especially raiding. Lets see how it pans out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I bet this event will get more views than Arena tournament
    Bob Ross gets more viewers and hes dead.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they wont so we will most probably be looking at people doin exackly same BiS comps doin exackly same pulls and only difference will be between somebody fucking up and not fucking up

this will be a boooring shit show :/
    You forget the RNG that makes it all exciting!

Not that Assa Rogue will end up there but good Poison Bomb procs can be massive.
    I still commend them doing it, maybe they will come to their senses with the RNG gameplay.

Let's hope Blood Legion participates if only for comic relief.

they need to lock ilvl and remove set bonuses if the goal is to actually see who is best at mythic+ dungeons, this would just be which top mythic raiders are willing to go after it without any balancing.