Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Same, those are definitely grippable. Some adds might be immune to grip while they're spawning or something, or you might have a debuff to miss (H KJ, Imp Mother in VotW, etc), but I haven't noticed any problems.
    Its probably just immune while spawning, but they are most certainly immune as some point.

Deleted
    I noticed that sometimes my grip doesn't catch all the mobs? A recent thing as it was ok before. Not sure why it happens when it does happen.

Deleted
    Tier set bonus from ptr:
    Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 2P Bonus - Death and Decay Mob Damage Reduction (New) Enemies standing in your Death and Decay deal 0% less damage to you.

Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 2P Bonus - Vampiric Blood Rune Haste (New) While Vampiric Blood is active, your runes regenerate 0% faster.
    These are at 99% placeholders, but what would you think it it was final?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Tier set bonus from ptr:

Eh, if would depend on tuning, but the 2pc is basically an even more boring version of Lana'thel's Lament. The 4pc has potential, but the legendary belt is already strong enough that I'm not sure if its the right way to go. It's also kinda weird uisng VB as an offensive cooldown when we already have one (DRW).

2 set would kinda be like defile I guess, 4 set just seems pointless other than using VB as a dps cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Tier set bonus from ptr:

I'm indifferent to the two piece...it's boring, but kind of nice that we're actually getting some kind of damage reduction instead of yet another source of healing. Depends on tuning of course.

Four piece is horrendous. Blizz has already made the mistake with other classes of attaching offensive benefit to a defensive button, and they acknowledged that it was an error. Also, we don't need rune regen during vamp blood. Practically speaking, we can't die with vamp blood up already...it's essentially the "win more" problem applied to survivability.

Since every set bonus from NH/ToS and the legendary bracers/shoulders are all essentially passive in terms of our rotation, I want to see a set bonus that actually modifies how we play in a meaningful way, and that forces us to make interesting decisions. Making your most important defensive cooldown do damage doesn't achieve that...it just encourages bad habits.

Any of you mind explaining exactly what the "consume an additional charge to further reduce the damage" means for Spectral Deflection? I mean the actual dr value on the second charge. How much does it reduce the damage if you lose two charges at once because the damage taken exceeded 25% of your HP?

you can also control Undead the passive mobs on your way to sisters/Host

they have no debuff of note but it is a free 35k dps

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Any of you mind explaining exactly what the "consume an additional charge to further reduce the damage" means for Spectral Deflection? I mean the actual dr value on the second charge. How much does it reduce the damage if you lose two charges at once because the damage taken exceeded 25% of your HP?
    An additional 16% (18% if you are wearing the legendary legs) for a total of 32% (36%) reduction.

Deleted
    Lowest DR from Spec Deflect proccing is 32%. Highest DR when it procs is 52% (16% base + 2% Legs + 8% Shattering Smash = 26%)

without reading 156 pages; is there a chance the first guide will be updated with current spells etc? I'm pretty experienced but would love to read other plays views in such a detailled manner

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze View Post
    without reading 156 pages; is there a chance the first guide will be updated with current spells etc? I'm pretty experienced but would love to read other plays views in such a detailled manner
    Troxism's updates:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Yb4t2vnEc/edit

perfect, thx. The threadcreator could add those into the first post, or a moderator? if the creator is "away" from WoW now?

It'd be neat. But, the generally accepted repository of Death Knight info is now the Acherus Discord server.

https://discord.gg/0ez1cFfUH3ingV96

Deleted
    does spectral deflection work on fell claws?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GaM Skully View Post
    Like the talent states, it will trigger if you take more then 25% of your maximum health. So any damage that exceeds that threshold will be further reduced.
    Consequentially, it get's worst the more HP you have.

from wowhead
    "Attacks that deal more than 25% of your maximum health will consume an additional Bone Shield charge to further reduce the damage."

There's also a post on it on these forums, if you look for it, it explains its short comings. From a quick read, you will be sacrificing more DS and runic generation for possible higher mitigation in one attack or attacks. If it's good, depends on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GaM Skully View Post
    Not really needed imho. Take Rune Tap instead. You can just take the first hit without anything up, Pop VB to cover hits 2-5, if you time it correct one RT covers the 4th and 5th slash. Use the new Legendary Ring if you have it.

If you dont have the ring you might want to use another CD for Claws.

KJ hits pretty hard so his melee attacks will most likely proc Spectral Deflection which leaves you with just Marrowrend spamming, esp. if you dont have the ring and take RT.

Deleted
    Tbh I don't really understand this whole Felclaw thing.
    KJ damage is absolutely non-threatening outside of it (talking about HC obviusly), and Felclaw itself is almost a non issue for blood thanks to VB. I'm 926ilvl and I do use Soul of the Deathlord to be extra safe both for Felclaws and meteors, but I noticed that with good death strikes timing even the 4-5 hits can be taken without RT up under VB.

No reason to screw up your raid if you mess something up, however. So simply speccing into RT should suffice, no need to take SD and spend the whole fight spamming marrowrend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Consequentially, it get's worst the more HP you have.
    I will disagree. Its works fine - why waste additional bone shield charge when damage is below 25% of you max HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I will disagree. Its works fine - why waste additional bone shield charge when damage is below 25% of you max HP.
    I think the reasoning is, the more health you have, the less likely any given attack is going to do 25% of it. Which means the talent is activated less frequently, and therefore less useful as the opportunity cost of not taking Rapid Decomp or Heart of Ice rises relatively.