Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Funny thing is that in the Netherlands manufacturing/buying (but not owning for god knows why) a real-looking gun is punishable with a fine, probably to avoid situations like this.

Having said that, bringing out a prop gun to a nightclub and then actually aiming it at the police is a fully retarded move, nobody deserves what he got but still he is fully accountable for what happened.

No, people should just not be retarded it doesn't matter they'd find something to use in the place of a gun and end up shot anyway, stupid people will keep doing stupid things, it isn't about the object but the stupidity presented by these people.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And? Why link something with no input as to why?

15+ Year Old Account
    No. People really need to stop trying to get things banned.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Why was the police criticized for?? Blame it on the dickhead carrying around a gun that could obviously look like a real gun. Fucking moron ......next time paint the barrel around the gun orange or something.

So what if security said it was a fake gun? Was prob something the guy could have said going in there; "hey it's a fake gun *winkwink* I can go in right? - sure mate! go right ahead!"

Later on...someone spots the gun in the dark in there and thinks... "oh fuck a gun!" proceeds to call the Police, thinking the worst is gonna happen. Police later arrives on the scenes, watches the guy for a bit, then asks the security; " You know this guy? He a regular? Is that a FAKE gun?"

Security; " Uhm yea, i've seen him around a couple of times and he SAID the gun was a fake."
    Police; " So you're not sure if it's a fake gun or not???"
    Security; " Well he said..."
    Police; " Oh fuck it. "

Think the Police is gonna play roulette here?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, toy guns are fine ... just don't be stupid with them.
    True, but pull any gun toy and please don't complain when a Police Officer kills your stupid ass self. And yes I know you can't complain if you are dead, but it sounded good! Just to be clear a Police Officer makes instant decisions to protect not only the Officer, but also the people nearby. You point "anything" at an Officer during that time frame and I don't care if it was your cell phone, lipstick, etc. I hope you burial turned out good. Oh yes and the Officer would be correct in shooting anyone pulling and pointing "anything" at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they should not be banned over what 2 bogans did.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the US toy guns are usually bright orange plastic with red knobs on the end. There have been cases of people painting them black to look like a real gun and then using it in a robbery or w/e, but if someone is that knuckle-headed it's hard to feel bad for them.

As far as other countries go, it sounds like a good idea considering I've heard of a number of stories where people with toy guns were accidentally shot before the orange/red toy gun laws in the US were put in place. Some of the US ones might go a little overboard with the bright orange.

Either way, a lot of things have to go wrong with a toy gun even if it were painted black like a real gun for a kid to get shot. Most cops would still hesitate to make sure it's real before shooting, and hopefully the kids are smart enough to not point even toy guns at cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be banned in public honestly. That or ones that are painted realistically should be taken out of production. Only brightly colored ones should be allowed to be used in public. In a dark nightclub its nearly impossible to tell whether a weapon like that is real or not. I don't blame the police for shooting that moron.

Well, the police consider toy guys more dangerous than real guns, so...
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No and this entire event what happened in sjw shithole 'Melbourne YES' is just fucking retarded. Melbourne police need to focus on real crimes instead of raiding sex swinger clubs in cosplay. Hell they probably thought the cops were cosplaying before the shootings happened.3
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I used to collect Transformers and I know there were complaints around the fandom (The Original Megetron was a gun) and newer versions have to have those caps and colors were changed...one even was changed from to white.

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/...n/megatron.htm

I mean he doesn't even look like a real gun and then went nutso on making his colors rather ungun like. Where as the Japanese version is more gunlike in color.
    I'm waiting for the new MP-36 at the moment and praying Australian customs doesn't fuck me over with it like apparently happened with the old MP-02.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    No and this entire event what happened in sjw shithole 'Melbourne YES' is just fucking retarded. Melbourne police need to focus on real crimes instead of raiding sex swinger clubs in cosplay. Hell they probably thought the cops were cosplaying before the shootings happened.3
    Swingers are "SJWs" now? What the hell are you even saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They shouldn't be banned, they pose no real danger. Stupid people doing stupid things with them pose danger.... to themselves..... , and no mater what you do, they will come up with some new stupid way to ruin something.

toy guns should be allowed just not in certain settings like night clubs, movie theatres, etc areas where shootings might occur. also if you point a gun at police prepare to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Maybe read OP a bit. Thank me later
    Maybe you should read the article instead of the gibberish my esteemed countryman vomited onto his keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nah slap an orange indicator on it so that you can see that it is a toy gun at a glance. I thought it was common practice in most places, in Denmark it is and our police rarely ever draw their guns let alone actually fire them in the first place.

The guy was a monumental retard for pointing it at the cops though.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    they're a safeguard against dictatorships, and foreign invasions. It is the duty of citizens to be well armed, well informed, and vigilant for the sake of their country. In America at least, but that's just our culture. Im sure things are different elsewhere. I know how to swim, but I like having a life vest on board a boat.
    Yes, your guns will definively keep you safe against dictatorships!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    For a prop gun, you would not want that. Besides, those are easily taken off or painted over. It is mainly a " Feels good " solution.
    Also, it is easy to paint the end of a real gun orange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Cops are trained to be cautious and use deadly force when they feel threatened. How could they tell it was a toy gun from several feet away, when it was made to look like a real one?
    Because security of the place told them it was a toy.
    It's in the article.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Threatened a police officer is a crime though. Both articles state that the Joker wannabe drew his gun and didn't drop it when told to do so. No cop is going to walk up and see if the gun is real or not.
    Both articles state that the police made that claim, but they would make that claim anyway to justify the shooting after being told it was a toy gun by the security of place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The guy was a monumental retard for pointing it at the cops though.
    Not really all that weird, considering it was on a costume-orgy and he was dressed as Joker...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Security; " Uhm yea, i've seen him around a couple of times and he SAID the gun was a fake."
    Police; " So you're not sure if it's a fake gun or not???"
    Security; " Well he said..."
    Police; " Oh fuck it. "
    So, your source that security didn't check the toy gun and relied on solely his claims that it was a fake?