Thread: Need some help

Need some help

So I just bought about 85% of the narwhal build that's currently up and I'm having a little problem. I have everything installed and it's up and running just fine but 2 of my drives aren't showing up in disk management.

Now these are old drives used in my old computer and they were visible before I turned on raid 0. This happened when I got a new motherboard and cpu a few years ago and they eventually showed up but I'm here asking if there's anything more I can do or just hope they eventually show back up.

Thanks in advance.

Start off by giving apropriate information. What is your setup, and what are the drives?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    So I just bought about 85% of the narwhal build that's currently up and I'm having a little problem. I have everything installed and it's up and running just fine but 2 of my drives aren't showing up in disk management.

Now these are old drives used in my old computer and they were visible before I turned on raid 0. This happened when I got a new motherboard and cpu a few years ago and they eventually showed up but I'm here asking if there's anything more I can do or just hope they eventually show back up.

Thanks in advance.
    Why did you turn raid on? Were they in raid before?
    PM me weird stuff :3

If you enabled RAID 0 you may not see them unless because they aren't setup in a raid configuration. Most likely they are separate in AHCI mode. Are you using raid on any of your drives? Did you setup raid 0 or raid 1? Check your bios settings.

I assume those 2 drives are for backup. If you have files on them or important data try this.

In Windows go to Computer Management (search it in the search box) and then go under the Disk Management category and wait a bit for disks to load. You may see them there as unpartitioned drives or something.

Lastly, if you're using raid 0 or 1 and you have these2 drives plugged in your raid controller sata ports, there should be a little utility you can access right when the PC boots up (after bios screen usually, it's like F2 or something, your motherboard manual has this info). From there you can create or break a raid configuration and add/select which drives to raid. Be careful with this cause any current data on your hard drives you will lose if you make or breakaway a raid.

If you use raid then your bios should have raid enabled for the drive controller where your hds are plugged in. If you're not using any raid then drives should be set to AHCI.