Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope not, they are ugly and badsized respect other "humanshaped" models (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Do you have a source to support that claim?

Personally, I see them similar to human height; nothing in-game indicates they are as tall as Trolls, let alone Tauren..
    Actually everything lore says they were/are taller than humans. They saw fleshy human children as 'tiny' and 'deformed' as a quick example. How they compare to other races we have nothing concrete but I've always had the impression they're at least as tall as a Tauren, if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i hope so, Vrykul as a alliance and ogres as horde race would be a great improvement on the wow lore and faction identity we could ever have IMO

is a win/win scenario where each faction can get a new cool race to play, make sense lore-wise, easy to implement
    You got me confused. Do you want ogres or a cool race?

People complain whenever someone brings up nightborne or any other elven "race", "why tf people need 3rd elven race?", but people are ok w/ addition of 4th human race (5th if we take worgen human form into account), got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You got me confused. Do you want ogres or a cool race?
    Ohoho, sick burns

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    People complain whenever someone brings up nightborne or any other elven "race", "why tf people need 3rd elven race?", but people are ok w/ addition of 4th human race (5th if we take worgen human form into account), got it.
    Humans
    Worgen
    um....what other human races are there in game? Are you counting gnomes and dwarves? They're human like sure but....honestly they're all humanoid and pretty similar...hell elves are closer to humans than gnomes and dwarves.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, and every time you login you will have to do Odyn's Trial before you can begin playing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Humans
    Worgen
    um....what other human races are there in game? Are you counting gnomes and dwarves? They're human like sure but....honestly they're all humanoid and pretty similar...hell elves are closer to humans than gnomes and dwarves.
    Ofc I do, gnomes and dwarves are waaaaaaaay too human-like. Not talking about lore (taking lore into account is kinda meaningless, not so many people care about it), only visuals.

If Blizz added vrykul, Alliance would basically have a race of tall humans (vrykul), a race and a half of normal humans (human and worgen), and two races of shot humans (dwarf and gnome). In any other MMO w/ advanced character customisation these'd be 1-2 races.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Ofc I do, gnomes and dwarves are waaaaaaaay too human-like. Not talking about lore (taking lore into account is kinda meaningless, not so many people care about it), only visuals.

If Blizz added vrykul, Alliance would basically have a race of tall humans (vrykul), a race and a half of normal humans (human and worgen), and two races of shot humans (dwarf and gnome). In any other MMO w/ advanced character customisation these'd be 1-2 races.
    Not even taking lore into account I wouldn't call dwarves and gnomes humans, the proportions are off. That's why dwarves look nice and burly and gnomes looks stumpy. May as well lump elves in there too since they're closer to humans than dwarves and gnomes. Oh and orcs are just buff humans with green skin. Let's not forget that trolls are just lanky humans! If you want to start lumping races up like this then you're going to be left with very few that aren't thrown in with the humans. But this is getting off topic so I'ma stop here.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    No, if only because of the height issue. A scaled down Vrykul is literally a human. That was the whole point of the Vrykul story in WOTLK: explain human origins.
    Having multiple players the size of bosses, even NE and Tauren are only chest high on Vrykul, makes for serious quality of life issues.
    Also, they added clickable marks over the NPCs to counter overcrowding. Now imagine characters that are taller than the icons.
    And again: scaled down Vrykul are humans.
    They dont even share the same model or animations. Cus it loojs like a rip off high elf discussion, which is weird yea they are sorta family. But doesnt make them the same. Lol. Vrykul can be considered its own thing. They share some things, samr can be said about the whole elven thing. So again could thry become playable: Yea sure why not? If you scale them down they still dont look the same. People realy are blind.

So again: mate thry dont even share the same model or animations. Vrykul are unique in that sense. Its a fact realy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-07-12 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Actually everything lore says they were/are taller than humans. They saw fleshy human children as 'tiny' and 'deformed' as a quick example. How they compare to other races we have nothing concrete but I've always had the impression they're at least as tall as a Tauren, if not more so.
    I'm 181cm and I see a lot of "tiny humans" (one of voice emotes in Icecrown) on everyday basis..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see either Vrykul for Alliance with Ogres for Horde or Murlocs for Alliance with Naga for Horde in the next expansion.

I believe there are much better chances for us to see Vrykul as a playable race than nagas....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    I could see either Vrykul for Alliance with Ogres for Horde or Murlocs for Alliance with Naga for Horde in the next expansion.
    Naga would NEVER be Horde... Alliance plausible...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Naga would NEVER be Horde... Alliance plausible...
    Something in the lore I'm missing?

At any rate, I'd play one regardless where they ended up.

Hi, I usually post on discord wow lore but since there are a lot of threads about "new races"...

I don't think that Vrykul or any sub races could be a playable one, beside the fact that Vrykul are the human counterpart to earthen, a stand alone race must be completely free from other race.

Otherwise I would think plausible a "sub race" mechanics in wow soon or later, basically an upgrade of customization for ours characters.

Example:

Human - > Vrykul

Nelf Belf - > Shaldorei

Just an extra skin BUT w/o any new racial passive, Vrykul will still get EFH and Shaldorei the nelf stealth or the belf mana regen
    Last edited by BlueShirtGuy; 2017-07-12 at 09:52 AM.

From technical point of view, vrykuls don't have any problem to be playable (they need new UVs for diferentskin colours, better rig maybe, new animation here and there, and done!).
    From a lore point, you can do whatever you want:

ex: A faction of the old titan-forged army (vrykul-type) become stuck in another titan-prison-temple (related to N'zoth if it's in the south seas expansion or whatever). The curse of flesh+being in underwater zones/caves/destroyed temples+<insert other possiblities> changed their height (yeah, that's what you think, the perfect height to be playable).
    So, after Cacaclysm, they started building their civilization, until they found the first ships of new races that they didn't have any knowledge before: horde/alliance/big baddies. So they joined...Alliance/horde because <insert main intro quests of this race>.

Its an example, but the point is that people that get paid to write some shit could do something to fit any race without any lore problems. I know that I'm really bad at creating lore, but you get the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Something in the lore I'm missing?

At any rate, I'd play one regardless where they ended up.
    Nagas are mutated Night Elves.... And Night Elves are the only playable race, EVER, they have not tried to kill on sight.. They even corporate with Illidan..

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have a hyperactive imagination and a very creative mind, I would love for Vrykul to be playable for the alliance. The more playable races the merrier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think armor design is what's holding back playable races like the Naga, Vrykul, Ogre to some extent, Ethereal and such.
    It's one thing to fit out an NPC with a certain set of armor, but making sure the entire backlog of armor fits?

By the likes of it most if not all the non-specific designed armor for these races would look terrible, or it would take way too much time adjusting or figuring out how to make the armor look good on them. Look at how silly some pieces of armor look on male Pandarian. All stretched out and stuff. Look at the modelviewer for Tauren and put some sets on them and see how silly the proportions look.

On the above mentioned races that would be even worse.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2017-07-12 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I think armor design is what's holding back playable races like the Naga, Vrykul, Ogre to some extent, Ethereal and such.
    It's one thing to fit out an NPC with a certain set of armor, but making sure the entire backlog of armor fits?

By the likes of it most if not all the non-specific designed armor for these races would look terrible, or it would take way too much time adjusting or figuring out how to make the armor look good on them. Look at how silly some pieces of armor look on male Pandarian. All stretched out and stuff. Look at the modelviewer for Tauren and but some sets on them and see how silly the proportions look.

On the above mentioned races that would be even worse.
    Tbh Panda and Gnomes are just grotesque with 90% of sets, so I don't think it will be so "hard" to add a -resize script for all armors

BTW this depends also on which sub races you want, ogre or Naga aren't subraces so no, but a black orc or a mechagnome aren't really a huge problem.