Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

headcanon galore with this guy lol.

Nzoth is jailed and has been jailed. He has not increased in power. He is still the weakest.
    The best that the Old Gods could put out at the peak of the Black Empire was the Ancient One who was readily slaughtered by the titanforged. N'Zoth alone made Deathwing a living nuclear device that almost wiped out all life on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The best that the Old Gods could put out at the peak of the Black Empire was the Ancient One who was readily slaughtered by the titanforged. N'Zoth alone made Deathwing a living nuclear device that almost wiped out all life on Azeroth.
    lol Nzoth did not do that. Learn your lore thanks. No old god is named in it and he never physically went to go see one of them or had contact with them. If anything Yogg being pretty much free as well as AQ's seal being broken are what amped up his power. Nzoth did not do it or at the very most was not alone in it. If we were to attribute a single old god it would be Yogg as Neltharion's Lair is in what used to be Yogg's territory on the full map.

I think it's time to leave since the head canonites on this forum can't seem to accept facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Interesting stuff, but we just had a whole expansion on a small set of islands (basically)...

... are having another one straight after this one, once again, on a small set of islands?
    It's not about "a set of islands". It's about the feel of them. Like someone else said, the Broken Isles felt more like a small continent, than actual isles. While I don't think they'll go back to doing a/multiple underwater zones, it'd be perfectly possible to have a few islands, seperated by water, as long as they give you natural ways to attain waterwalking/waterwalking mounts - there's plenty of ways to work with actual seperated Islands, even if it's just portals and flightpaths.

The Broken Isles were also changed heavily from what they were in Warcraft 3. All of a sudden there are Tauren and Vrykul, brought in for diversity - since most of those islands are basically all about elven backstory. Val'sharah, Aszuna, Suramar & Broken Shore, with the old Temple. I think going back to Naga and Old Gods isn't bad at all. You could have a tropical jungle island, like the Lost Isles in the Goblin starting experience (actually LOVE the look of those). Kul'tiras would also give us something human-related, same if they'd do Plunder Isle.

It really just depends on how exactly they plan on doing things this time around, if the new zone is going to be "x/y Isles".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Isn't the Ancient One that weird 30/30 Card in Hearthstone? People have been asking about him when that OG Expansion was released and if I recall correctly, none of the things in that are canon. Including the Ancient One.

Hearthstone is just completely "what if", with a whimsical spin to it.

lol Nzoth did not do that. Learn your lore thanks. No old god is named in it and he never physically went to go see one of them or had contact with them. If anything Yogg being pretty much free as well as AQ's seal being broken are what amped up his power. Nzoth did not do it or at the very most was not alone in it. If we were to attribute a single old god it would be Yogg as Neltharion's Lair is in what used to be Yogg's territory on the full map.

I think it's time to leave since the head canonites on this forum can't seem to accept facts.
    "You haven't seen who signs Deathwing's paychecks [...] It's N'Zoth"
    - Metzen @ Blizzcon 2010

Deleted
    I think it was stated N'zoth was the most cunning of the old gods, maybe not the strongest in pure power but hey, not everything comes down to power after all.

Deleted
    Kil'jaeden is weaker dan Archimonde but far more cunning. This is also the story with N'zoth, he may be weaker than the rest but his setup and the way he tends to handle stuff makes him far more dangerous than the other.

I hope they bring back all the old gods to fight us. But I guess that wont happen since they now state that the other old gods are dead which seems really strange seeing they used to say that the old gods were places below the earth by the titans since killing them would kill Azeroth..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah clearly they put in a vague Deepholm skybox in 2011 to hint at N'zoth in 2018.

OR they put in a vague Old God-looking thing in the skybox of a zone in an expansion with a heavy Old God presence.
    or it could have been changed recently
    or you know it was, they have had pretty long lead ups allready

- - - Updated - - -

uhhh yeah dont try to be an asshole, maybe you should learn your lore, as others have said Chris confirmed Nzoth "signs deathwings paychecks"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah clearly they put in a vague Deepholm skybox in 2011 to hint at N'zoth in 2018.

OR they put in a vague Old God-looking thing in the skybox of a zone in an expansion with a heavy Old God presence.
    Blizzard, since WoW was born, have probably written at least a dozen WoW expansions (more or less accurate) but for sure the treatment, the order of events was set a long ago. And, it is true expecially since when they have decide to move us from an expansion to another, like in a continuous narrative...

So yes, there is the hight chance that N'zoth hint was already in the game just like now, in Legion, they have already plant seeds for the next future expansions.

Also, you have to think with about 2/3 years in advance, because more or less, its the time required to develop an expansion... and you cant work on expansion without thinking what will happen next.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

We had big legion hints in MoP from Wrathion showing the planet get attacked by fel/burning legion, and mop was released in 2012 so it would not be too crazy.

Also, you have to think with about 2/3 years in advance, because more or less, its the time required to develop an expansion... and you cant work on expansion without thinking what will happen next.
    3. Not 8.

I donno why people keep making this point when Cataclysm will have been out for 8 years before 8.0.

Also nobody said N'zoth was never hinted at. Metzen flatout named him during the Cataclysm announcement when talking about Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks pretty neat but apparently N'zoth was imprisoned about halfway between the Maelstrom (and thus the entrance to Deepholm) and the Eastern Kingdoms. That could definitely be around Kul'Tiras if Blizz decides to place it there upon adding it to the game, but it pretty much eliminates the idea of him being right above Deepholm like that. However, Old Gods are massive and like icebergs, Yogg stretched from Ulduar to at least Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord. N'zoth could easily be imprisoned halfway between the Maelstrom and EK and still have his presence felt at the site of the Well of Eternity imploding (since that was when he offered his gift to Azshara).
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Are people just not thinking things through? They obviously didn't create that in Cata to use it 3 expansions later, they are using it NOW as a segueway to hint as to where they would use N'zoth (Or whoever else).

They thought, ''Hmm we need something to hint his location in a riddle, oh this is a good one.'' when they were writing Ilgynoth, not in 2011 when a few artists thought it would look nice.
    You think they don't plan stories expansions in advance ? It's pretty clear in hindsight that they knew by no later than late BC that Garrosh would be a Warchief we fight as a raid boss. That's 3 expansions before it happened. I'd argue it's more likely they knew by mid / late Vanilla since Garrosh's arc starts at the beginning of BC.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.