Gonna have to disagree with Yoshi-P on an ability that remained after all the role action pruning and whatnot: Protect.

FC leader, who mains AST, passed along a macro that he had obtained, where it swaps out Protect for Swiftcast after it casts Protect, so you have all 5 role abilities freed in use for abilities that are actually useful, vs. having one of them bogged down with a button that you have to hit every 30 minutes at best. Yes, it prevents reapplying protect mid-battle, but I'd much rather have other useful tools on hand, even if they are niche. Thanks to this macro, now I can run my normal assortment of Esuna, Lagresse, Rescue, Swiftcast, and Lucid Dreaming; before I had to omit Rescue...which, while niche and not needing to be used often, is a more interesting ability to have than a passive buff that lasts 30 mins.

Per interviews I've seen/read, the dev team was fine with dropping Protect outright, but Yoshi-P insisted on it staying. To that, I say that if it were to remain, it should've been baked into the healing jobs by default, much like they have their own versions of Raise. Course, I would also say the same applies to Esuna as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    MCH has fallen victim to the Whack-A-Mole style of class balance that was applied to WAR and ACN. This is too good, let's make it weaker than similar jobs to compensate. No, r-tard, how about you make it EQUAL to similar jobs. Oh wait, that would take actual thought and ability. Never mind...
    The funny thing is, MCH had the potential for great gameplay with it's new Heat mechanic. Sadly, they dropped the ball on that one too. Also who designed that job gauge? Why on earth is it round, it's more confusing than helpful. I think all of the job gauges were a complete waste of development time and resources, but the MCH one more than most.

What I would have liked them to do, if they're going to make MCH and BRD support orentated Jobs is, you know... Call them that instead of DPS. Make it clear to all the BRD's that you're there for those awesome buffs that they're not bothering to provide.

To differentiate them from each other, they should have made the BRD the Offensive support, with maybe one or two utility buffs in there, while making the MCH the Defensive support, with more damage reduction skills and various other ways to mitigate incoming damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with Yoshi-P on an ability that remained after all the role action pruning and whatnot: Protect.
    -snip-
    Course, I would also say the same applies to Esuna as well.
    Yeah, Protect in it's current form is very dull. I believe we discussed it in the run up to Stormblood, but just baking in the extra defenses and having Protect be a group wide damage reduction cooldown would have been the way to solve it.

Esuna on the other hand, I can see why it's a Cross Role skill. There are times when you need it, and others when you don't. I swapped it out for doing Expert content, since there's nothing to really use it on.

A lot of the Healer skills are extremely underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Don't think anyone would argue against that unless they just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing, lol. I mean...do we really want hour long queues or worse? Cause having tank jobs that are boring to play is how you have hour long queues for the other jobs.
    You would be surprised then, I have seen people argue that the tanks only job and responsibility should be to hold threat. That their life should be in the hands of the healer and damage is a DPS job only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Woo! got wind up Exdeath, the belt, boots and a body part from Delta scape. Just 2 leg pieces, 3 body parts and a head piece to be done with the place already. I'm never this lucky on raid gear. Especially early with all the 'camp to the last second' douchebags. Everythings coming up RDM!

Oh shoot I forgot the raid reset this week

I've been red maging too much. Almost level 69
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh shoot I forgot the raid reset this week

I've been red maging too much. Almost level 69
    Well someones got to be raising the healers constantly on exdeath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    The issue is, as long as SE (and most MMO designers out there. ) want to lower the ceiling while raising the floor it will always take away any chance of high risk high reward from the tanking role. It is a role that group content relies on, and making it too punishing for fuck ups would result in less fun for the whole group/community. That means in most content things like tank busters have to be forgiving enough so Joe the casual can survive it just by standing in it and taking it. It means that most content in game has to be designed so the tank is expected to deal minimum damage.
    This is pretty much spot on the reason why tanking non savage/mythic raid content will never be truly interesting to a good and experienced player.
    While the healer gets his difficulty mainly from compensating other peoples fuck-ups (groups where everyone plays well usually end in me doing almost fulltime DPS), there is no such thing for a tank.

That being said, I feel my DRK to be less of a tank in SB compared to HW. I mean where are all of my cooldowns? I have so few now, that most of the time I am forced to stand there and just take the damage. That sucks! I want back to rotating all kinds of stuff to actually mitigate damage instead of being a mana sponge. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle
    What if in dungeons some mobs enraged when low on health? What if some tried to summon reinforcements, or heal, or cast dangerous attacks? What if some would flee and grab next room trash? What if some mobs ignored threat/dropped threat under certain effects forcing you to CC them to prevent them from catching a healer. Also would mean DPS need to be self aware to switch targets to burst it down etc. Tons of ideas to spice up dungeon gameplay.
    That's pretty much what I meant. Tanking fun has to come from outside of the class as well as within.
    Problem is... see above. Do all that and runs with randoms will turn into a nightmare, good tanks will run with friends only and the DF will become almost unusable.
    Source? WoW 4.0, where Blizzard tried exactly that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That being said, I feel my DRK to be less of a tank in SB compared to HW. I mean where are all of my cooldowns? I have so few now, that most of the time I am forced to stand there and just take the damage. That sucks! I want back to rotating all kinds of stuff to actually mitigate damage instead of being a mana sponge. ._.
    DRK gets better when you get Blackest Night, having 20% of your own max health in absorption every 15 seconds is pretty damn nice (Not to mention the group utility it offers). DRK with out a doubt has the worst CD selection, but they are really fun the play IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

That's pretty much what I meant. Tanking fun has to come from outside of the class as well as within.
    Problem is... see above. Do all that and runs with randoms will turn into a nightmare, good tanks will run with friends only and the DF will become almost unusable.
    Source? WoW 4.0, where Blizzard tried exactly that.
    While an argument could be made for a fixed-party mode of 'Challenge Dungeons' that contain mechanics like that, it's doubtful they'd ever add it. Still, I suppose one can hope there'd be enough interest for it to get the greenlight.

Thoughts on MCH: Making Wildfire synergize with the Heat mechanic could be a good way to up their DPS, say double damage if your Heat is over 50, or perhaps the Flamethrower attack does a shit-ton more damage if the target is also affected with Wildfire. IMO MCH should do more damage than BRD because it takes more work to play properly.

Also see the DDoS attacks continue. Had wondered about all those lag spikes today.

So random question but what exactly should i be growing in my garden? I'm only 62 atm, so i won't be growing anything for personal use. Tried googling a bit and all i could find was glazenuts.

Deleted
    Tried Sus Ex last night as an FC, was pretty easy. Didnt get the kill as we only had 5 trys but the 5th was great, P1 ez, mid phase ez, plodding along P3 and both healers died cause they wanted to finish there cast and stood in the circles...

Makes me want to level a healer but im not sure which its WHM vs AST. I dont really like the card system, its annoying to me so i guess that makes it WHM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah, I'm on Odin - but my character name doesn't contain "Anz", closest was probably my original "Azi" - which some of the older FC members still keep using, "Anzaman" is mostly just on forums.

This is my character, I remade my character earlier and threw name change along with it.

It pains me to see people not melding their gear. It is my understanding that you can remove materia from gear(by destroying it in the process), still, grade V materia is very very cheap.

Considering you don't want to meld grade VI materia, why not meld grade V? You can always remove it in the future

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Tried Sus Ex last night as an FC, was pretty easy. Didnt get the kill as we only had 5 trys but the 5th was great, P1 ez, mid phase ez, plodding along P3 and both healers died cause they wanted to finish there cast and stood in the circles...

Makes me want to level a healer but im not sure which its WHM vs AST. I dont really like the card system, its annoying to me so i guess that makes it WHM.
    Healers usually die a lot during susano ex for some reason. The last 5 wipes I experienced there were both healers getting killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It pains me to see people not melding their gear. It is my understanding that you can remove materia from gear(by destroying it in the process), still, grade V materia is very very cheap.

Considering you don't want to meld grade VI materia, why not meld grade V? You can always remove it in the future.
    As soon as they release stat weights, I'll throw melds in. Before then, not really going to bother - we're getting new Tomestone gear next week anyways. Melding current gear properly would almost mean like melding dungeon drops.

As soon as they release stat weights, I'll throw melds in. Before then, not really going to bother - we're getting new Tomestone gear next week anyways. Melding current gear properly would almost mean like melding dungeon drops.
    As RDM i've just been going crit and direct hit, a 20k direct hit verflare is pretty satisfying but besides that people just arent sure if spell speed is that important yet to a job with a rotation based around dualcasting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Real talk, I have no idea what that ability did so thanks lol. If I was in a dungeon and a healer told me about it I'd appreciate that just saying. Maybe they don't know? I didn't.
    Started doing stuff as static yesterday evening, one of the DPS actually asked during the fight what that glowing circle is.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started back with this game at the launch of Stormblood on a new character. Have finally started my Stormblood MSQ's. The story of this game is top notch for an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    DRK gets better when you get Blackest Night, having 20% of your own max health in absorption every 15 seconds is pretty damn nice (Not to mention the group utility it offers). DRK with out a doubt has the worst CD selection, but they are really fun the play IMO.
    Yup always liked DRK.
    Only thing that bothers me is that my manareg skill (osmosis?) now eats up Dark Arts. Sucks when you want to DA-DP and miscalculate the mana needed. ._.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Considering you don't want to meld grade VI materia, why not meld grade V? You can always remove it in the future
    While I don't meld leveling gear, I do meld the 310 pieces with V.
    VI will be reserved for the "better" tome gear that I will wear longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't meld leveling gear, I do meld the 310 pieces with V.
    VI will be reserved for the "better" tome gear that I will wear longer.
    Yeah, I probably could throw some V's - somewhat just feels a bit of "waste" seeing how I'll start replacing current gear with Tomestone of Creation and Omega. But eh, nowadays I spend most of my time working on crafting jobs (currently powerleveling ARM from 60 to 70), and gathering Gil.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wish crafting wouldn't be so boring tho, mass-producing HQ nuggets, and clicking macro #1 and #2 over and over..

This kills the FPS

Really let's you get that synthwave feel going though.

By the time tome gear is released, you will farm 1 piece of gear each week. It's going to be a lot of weeks before you're fully geared. It's going to be a lot of weeks with a lot fewer stats that you can have..

And this is considering you're melding grade V. If you're melding grade VI it's A LOT of stats.

I understand where you're coming from but that logic is a bit flawed. Come on man, grade 5 materia is really cheap.