Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    meanwhile dota2 >$20M

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    meanwhile dota2 >$20M
    Why on earth would a small (and new) PvE WoW tournament be expected to have anywhere near the same payout as the biggest DotA 2 tournament of the year? The comparison is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man the esports thirst is unquenchable with the WoW team.
    Don't you know that esports is gonna be very popular in a few years? - says Blizzard every year since 2008

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Don't you know that esports is gonna be very popular in a few years? - says Blizzard every year since 2008
    It already is really big (check The International), but pve (and pvp) wow can't be an esports, I watch a lot of dota2 tournaments (despite of not playing the game anymore) and play a lot of wow (9 years), I won't watch this tournament.

Deleted
    Would be interested to see the proportion of people who have the +15 achievement, who have completed a +15 or higher since 7.2.3. Seeing as they buffed the difficulty so that a +15 is now what a +19 is previously, I imagine there's been a drop-off...

I like the idea!! Look very promising to me. I'll watch this for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    "Rather than fix our dying PvP scene lets ignore it and go with the thing that isn't broken!"
    Rather than waste time and ressources on a retarded and unbalanced feature that the vast majority of our playerbase doesn't even enjoy, let's focus on something that has more popularity after 1 xpack versus 13 years of existence.*

fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I bet this event will get more views than Arena tournament
    Definitely. But if they do a second one? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Rather than waste time and ressources on a retarded and unbalanced feature that the vast majority of our playerbase doesn't even enjoy, let's focus on something that has more popularity after 1 xpack versus 13 years of existence.*

fixed it
    A pretty big portion of the playerbase regularly PvPs. I prefer PvE over PvP but I do both. Don't get me wrong, arena tournaments are incredibly boring to watch, I just don't think this will be interesting after the first or two times they do it.

They'll have a viewer in me for sure! PVP tournaments became so boring with Legion, glad to see Mythic+ dungeons become an event seeing as how the runs are timed. Far more people PVE than PVP, so would surprise me if this tournament doesn't gain a bigger following than Arenas.

This idea sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    "Dont make you do". It offers a 930 piece of gear every single week. Only a moron would pass up on that.
    A 930 piece that is usually never useful, sure, some people get lucky, but I managed to pull legendary slot items 5 weeks in a row once. I do them them because I enjoy them, the gear blows.

The "qualifiers" are on live servers, but the actual tournament will have template gear, no ilvl advantage there at least.

Mythic raid gear is obviously very useful in order to quality in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But that sums up any WoW stream since forever?
    How are CS, DOTA OR LOL less boring to watch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, if it's really a tournament, you can forget the current leaderboards. This is just people banding together to push a few keys. If it is a competition, you will basically only see:
    - Heal Druid
    - Mage
    - Hunter
    - Demon Hunter
    - Warrior
    Then why do the best M+ comps on wowprogress leaderboards have basically all classes represented?

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Definitely. But if they do a second one? Doubt it.

A pretty big portion of the playerbase regularly PvPs. I prefer PvE over PvP but I do both. Don't get me wrong, arena tournaments are incredibly boring to watch, I just don't think this will be interesting after the first or two times they do it.
    I don't know what you mean by big portion, are you just talking about flat numbers or percentages? Cuz the percentage of people enjoying pvp more than pve is very low atm.

And I agree that they can't just make the same M+ event over and over, this one will be interesting cuz it's the first, but unless the race is really tight and they somehow create hype around that, they will need something original and fresh for a second event.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man the esports thirst is unquenchable with the WoW team.
    Blizzard made a significant investment in eSports, expect to see this for every title. It's really not surprising this happened.

Since this is the first event and it will surely have considerable hype around it, I'm hoping they focus more on the viewing experience of the tourney over balancing every single detail. It could be a perfectly balanced event, but if they don't have great production quality or they bring in poor casters, we won't see this event take off in the future. I also hope they invite some players/teams that already have relevance within the community to the tourney. I'm probably being an asshole, but I don't want to watch a tourney full of players I've never heard of before, even if they are the best. ESports (and sports and general) are most enjoyable when you can root for a player (or team) to win. I'll be very disappointed if I find myself struggling to find a team I want to win because the tourney is full of completely unknown people.

its barely even fun doing a M+ much less watching someone else do one.

id imagine it will just highlight which classes are clearly better than others at M+ and someone will get money, but in terms of entertainment i see nothing.

This sounds really fun and i think it will be good to spectate assuming the keystone level is very high and the dungeons hard.

To be honest, Mythic + dungeon competitive? I'm sorry but I'm not too impressed, and don't think this'll go very far. Some classes are just garbage for this, and even more so it may be predictable. Had they done this sooner, perhaps it'd be cool. But now it's a bit too late for it.

So many people in this thread has never pushed higher keys it seems. I think all of you are gonna be surprised about some classes and strategies in certain dungeons. But this is for people that love M+ alot of people here arent Into WoWs end game content