Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Instead of hero classes can we just have sub classes? Worked great in many other MMO's .
    Yeah, I think subclasses ideology is better.

First you pick your subclass, then your spec.

Lets take hunter for example.

Subclass #1: MM, Shadow Hunter (Old surv esq)
    Subclass #2: BM, Surv, Tinker

It could work for a few other specs, however. It will not happen. It worked for other MMo's because they were integrated at the start. You didnt have set classes like WoW does, you had mix and match of classes. Each spell for intechangeable with different class/subclasses.
    Like a warr/necromancer, would have the same spellpool available as lets say a mage/necromancer. That just isnt the case in WoW and I dont see it ever being integrated into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Nothing against Tinkerers, but saying that Necromancers are Unholy DKs in cloth is like saying that DH are rogues with demon powers, or Priests are paladins with cloths...yeah, sure, but they can be really diferent and you already know that.
    If people can't see how they can create a necromancer, is because they are a bit blinded in their creativity, same with any other class (and I'm a fan of the tinker class).
    Well tbh DK Prime were necromancer in dead paladin corpse.

So... Not really far from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Every expansion since BC has introduced various kinds of rideable dragons, yet we have not become Dragonsworn or whatever a class like that would be called, or Dragonkin yet.

It's not interesting, and there's no link.
    I'm not only talking about mounts, I'm talking about in multiple aspects of the game:

+Gelbin Mekkatorque is portrayed for the first time in a cinematic, and he's shown piloting a mecha. He's never been portrayed piloting a mecha before.
    + Gazlowe and Marin Noggenfogger are both shown piloting armed Sky Golems during the Legion invasions.
    +Gallywix is shown fighting in a mecha Azshara, and gets a new model.
    +You can build and ride a combat-based mecha on Broken Shore via Engineering.
    +You could ride an armed Goblin Shredder in the Barrens (not sure if still available).
    + You can pilot a mecha in 7.3 (Lightforged Warframe).
    + Engineer Omegaplugg (and upgraded version of Sicco Thermaplugg) is added for some reason.
    + New version of the Sky Golem, and new Lightforged Golem are both introduced as mounts.

Now, all of that could mean nothing, but it just seems very strange that all of that is added with no real lore additions for Goblins and Gnomes.

Dragons more than Tinker or Mecha were in warcraft universe since the beginning.

Also Dragon Mounts are a must have in any mmo so can be really a counterargument...

The rise of mechas can be also started due to HFC myth mount, model was pretty cool and unique and they decide to put it in gsme

I find plausible the Tinker as new Class due to the class armor rotation.

We got Plate and Leather now it is Mail or Cloth time, Cloth seems really hard if not impossible due to the fact that the current 3 cloth class space nearly all the possible cloth class (fire frost Arcane shadow fel void light)

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone talked about Sea Witches? http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...seawitch.shtml

It could be a versatile mail user that could perfectly comprise a ranged weapon spec (like Lady Vashj), a hydromancer spec (caster) and healer spec (naga oracles).

Sadly no tank
    Tinkers would be better for that one.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

+1 for a Berserker class.

Mail-wearing range dps.

1 spec for throwing polearms, and some melee abilities. More burst, better cleave.
    1 spec for throwing one-handers and daggers. Higher single target damage over time.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShirtGuy View Post
    Well tbh DK Prime were necromancer in dead paladin corpse.

So... Not really far from reality.
    Well, they weren't necromancers, they were warlocks (acolytes from the shadow council).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShirtGuy View Post
    We got Plate and Leather now it is Mail or Cloth time, Cloth seems really hard if not impossible due to the fact that the current 3 cloth class space nearly all the possible cloth class (fire frost Arcane shadow fel void light)
    From a lore point of view, there isn't any mage using decay/Necromantic and earth.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2017-07-12 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly i think adding more and more classes / Races is just hurting the game more than its doing good.

Just from a development standpoint it has to be a nightmare. With the 12? classes we have now, every content patch and expansion you bring, you have to come up with an extra set of abilities, new sets - fixing the roles - balancing - art, design, lore - more class halls, more class quests.

while it sounds like it wont take too much away, im sure it sums up to hundreds of hours that could be spent on developing the existing classes.
    Most of the styles to play, healer / tank / dps - could have been experienced with just 1-2 viable specs per class in vanilla.

I'd honestly prefer a good experience with 5 classes, than 1/3rd of the content with 15.

We need some class who can tank AND ranged dps besides Druid. As it stands, we have only one in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    We need some class who can tank AND ranged dps besides Druid. As it stands, we have only one in the game.
    Why do we need another tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Why do we need another dps? Or healer? I mean, we have plenty of those already!

The specific combination of tank AND ranged dps, though, we don't. Unless they make shamans tank, which would be cool, too!

Deleted
    Why do we need another raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need another dps? Or healer? I mean, we have plenty of those already!

The specific combination of tank AND ranged dps, though, we don't. Unless they make shamans tank, which would be cool, too!
    Every time a new class has come out, they've had a tank spec. To compare, we've seen 1 healing spec, and four melee DPS specs. Another ranged would be nice. A pure ranged would be fantastic.

What specifically is there about the rdps/tank combo that makes it noteworthy at all?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Why do we need another raid?
    Those are totally comparable

Spellbreaker or Tinkerer are the only options.

Unless they make shamans tank, which would be cool, too!
    I'm waiting for that day!!!!! Bring back again my (2) tanky talents from enhancement!!!!

What specifically is there about the rdps/tank combo that makes it noteworthy at all?
    The fact that folks who enjoy rdps AND tanking can have more than one aesthetic/lore option. If they keep the same idea with the artifact power diablo paragon style (never-ending power gains only for the character you are currently playing), legendaries, and such, creating an alt just to get your tanking or ranged dps fix as an off spec is discouraged. So an extra option would be great for those who only really have the druid as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Mechs are honestly the least attractive, least interesting and "silliest" part of tinkers imo. Also extremely race-limiting.
    Other than Tauren, Troll and nelf, I see no reason why others couldn't use it.

I mean, you enjoy Melee dpsing and ranged dpsing? Druid, shaman, hunter now.

Ranged dpsing + healing? Priest, Shaman, Druid.

Melee dpsing + healing? Shaman, Druid, Paladin.

Tanking + melee dpsing? Paladin, Druid, Monk.

Ranged dpsing + tanking? Druid. Nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that folks who enjoy rdps AND tanking can have more than one aesthetic/lore option. If they keep the same idea with the artifact power diablo paragon style (never-ending power gains only for the character you are currently playing), legendaries, and such, creating an alt just to get your tanking or ranged dps fix as an off spec is discouraged. So an extra option would be great for those who only really have the druid as an option.
    Most noteworthy legendaries are already spec-specific, as is the AP grind.