Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I was talking about already existing characters. Subraces would be available and free for all new characters, but not for former ones. I mean, when we do get a new race, we don't have a free race change for our characters "in case we like it better". I think they would do the same for subraces. But mainly, I don't even think we're having subraces next expansion, more like two new races (maybe one neutral but they didn't seem to enjoy the idea that much after MoP).
    A race change isn't changing your existing character at all, a choice for a sub race is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

Draenei:
    -Broken
    -Army of Light Draenei (Have golden eyes, and tail jewelry it seems)
    Eredar/Man'ari
    warlock draenei incoming...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A race change isn't changing your existing character at all, a choice for a sub race is.
    Yeah I see what you mean and I agree, but my point is depending on the subrace, it's kind of sufficiently different for it not being available as a switch in game. I mean, turning your night elf into a high elf in-game wouldn't make much sense. I don't know, I guess I'm just not fan of the idea and I would rather have these customisations only available on the creation screen. But you're right that in a way, since it's a sub-race and not a new race, it would make sense to make it available too, and for free for already existing characters.

Deleted
    I would expect subraces only for the selected few races for which it makes sense (Tauren, Dwarven, Orcish clans perhaps, which at this point have merged together) for the rest it would probably mean simply more customization options, perhaps new sets of horns and new options like jewelry for the neck tendrills/tails for draenei, straight orcish pose, etc.

Even if there are many more oprutunities to explore, as mentioned Vrykuls or High Elves, those are severly limited by the context in which they will have to be introduced. It would require atleast few new starting zones and perhaps some broader storyline for many of them, I dont see vrykuls for example starting from elwynn forest.

I'd rate the chances of WOTLK 2 ever happening as anything but an April Fools Parody about the same odds as Scarlett Johansson showing up at my door in nothing but a long jacket when I post this.

Subraces however could happen, would open up a lot of new appearance options and would basically be the biggest thing they've done in that regard since transmogging.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-12 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapis View Post
    I dont see vrykuls for example starting from elwynn forest.
    Imagine the panick in Goldshire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I see what you mean and I agree, but my point is depending on the subrace, it's kind of sufficiently different for it not being available as a switch in game. I mean, turning your night elf into a high elf in-game wouldn't make much sense. I don't know, I guess I'm just not fan of the idea and I would rather have these customisations only available on the creation screen. But you're right that in a way, since it's a sub-race and not a new race, it would make sense to make it available too, and for free for already existing characters.
    Blizzard can use a function like "barber shop" or trasmog for changing your existing characters with the corrispondant sub race... but frankly I cant blame Blizzard if will be not for free(a lot of golds or token).

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Blizzard can use a function like "barber shop" or trasmog for changing your existing characters with the corrispondant sub race... but frankly I cant blame Blizzard if will be not for free(a lot of golds or token).
    Yep, they definitely could do that! But I don't think they would miss the opportunity to make their profit margin a little bit bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I'd rate the chances of WOTLK 2 ever happening as anything but an April Fools Parody about the same odds as Scarlett Johansson showing up at my door in nothing but a long jacket when I post this.
    Never say never. Blizz brought back Illidan cause of popular demand and have put in tons of features based on community wishes. If the community loves Wrath enough and wants to see a return of the Lich King and the Scourge, then Blizz will eventually make it happen.

Blizz likes money, and there's a lot of money to be made if they do a Wrath 2.0, nostalgia for that expansion is VERY big.

Yep, they definitely could do that! But I don't think they would miss the opportunity to make their profit margin a little bit bigger.
    I think that would be so overtly greedy it would backfire to a certain extent. Can you imagine the community backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    So if subraces were added in the next expansion, how do you think they would handle existing characters? Would we just stay the default version (e.g. green orc) or would we get a free customization to pick which subrace we wanted to be?
    You would have to pay; Blizzard isn't a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This sounds like exactly how it will work. Because it's Blizzard and they manage to suck the fun out of everything in favor of minigames.

Seriously the nirvana for me would be free-range boating a'la Archeage.
    If the islands were connected and we chilled on the boat like from booty bay to ratchet, but longer, I would actually be okay with that (even better if there is garrison/OH "stuff to do" on the boat). I don't think total personal control is necessary. Piloting a small boat once you're near the shore is fine.

We need someone to start cranking out the new banners for our signatures. For example, I would like to have one that has the following:

a) Of Salt And Steel in the upper corner (left)
    b) World of Warcraft: The Rising Tide in the lower corner (right)
    c) On a field of blue with a Tirasian Marine fighting a Stormreaver Orc

10+ Year Old Account
    We got an expansion about time travelling Orcs, fam. Surely we deserve an opportunity to relive the peak of this game in some fashion?

Subraces however could happen, would open up a lot of new appearance options and would basically be the biggest thing they've done in that regard since transmogging.
    No, the race revampe was the biggest thing they've done with regards to appearances. Subraces would be incredibly minor for most races and interesting but still fairly small for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    We got an expansion about time travelling Orcs, fam. Surely we deserve an opportunity to relive the peak of this game in some fashion?
    Having one bad expansion doesn't mean we need another one. And since obviously the only good thing about Wrath (Ulduar) isn't going to be another raid tier again, there's no reason for another expansion there.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-07-12 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    I think that would be so overtly greedy it would backfire to a certain extent. Can you imagine the community backlash?
    You're right, the backlash would be massive.

You're right, the backlash would be massive.
    We know how that ended with WoD, don't we? They won't do it again, Blizzard is not so dumb (anymore).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Eredar/Man'ari
    warlock draenei incoming...
    I'd rather have Draenei Rogue. Though I imagine both will become available due to the insane amount of Eredar locks as well as Akaari Shadowgore from the rogue questline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Never say never. Blizz brought back Illidan cause of popular demand and have put in tons of features based on community wishes. If the community loves Wrath enough and wants to see a return of the Lich King and the Scourge, then Blizz will eventually make it happen.

Blizz likes money, and there's a lot of money to be made if they do a Wrath 2.0, nostalgia for that expansion is VERY big.
    We always knew we never killed him to begin with, shortly after the world first kill, Metzen clearly stated that Illidan isn't dead, and on several occasions he mentioned that they wanted to do more with that character in the future, which happened to be Legion :>

Also, I can see us getting another Scourge expansion maybe 6 years from now (in 3 expansions from now) but let's be honest, most of us are probably not going to be around then. Also, they couldn't do Northrend again because that's still to this date the least popular continent out of all expansions, even Cataclysm's zones were more popular than Northrend is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I'd rather have Draenei Rogue. Though I imagine both will become available due to the insane amount of Eredar locks as well as Akaari Shadowgore from the rogue questline.

- - - Updated - - -

We always knew we never killed him to begin with, shortly after the world first kill, Metzen clearly stated that Illidan isn't dead, and on several occasions he mentioned that they wanted to do more with that character in the future, which happened to be Legion :>

Also, I can see us getting another Scourge expansion maybe 6 years from now (in 3 expansions from now) but let's be honest, most of us are probably not going to be around then. Also, they couldn't do Northrend again because that's still to this date the least popular continent out of all expansions, even Cataclysm's zones were more popular than Northrend is.
    Akama and his rogues

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I can see us getting another Scourge expansion maybe 6 years from now (in 3 expansions from now)
    Ah yes I forget the Draenei rogue combo!

Btw to me, we came back to Northerd sooner as you think... Odyn is going back to Ulduar, and in Ulduar we got sign of Old God's corruptions and we know that The Lord of Ravens will turn the key!,also with him, we got 5 keepers (Five Torches to Light the Way)...

To be true, we have already going back to Northrend, to save Chromie and we know the dragons will be back.

So, Northrend will shine again as a a part of 8.0 or in 9.0.