Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to agree. While it's true Bill did mention loving the ladies a fair amount... it was no more in your face than the constant Doctor>Amy>Rory triangle, or the whole fucking season we lost to the ClaraXDanny relationship.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Think you're in the minority there... everyone I know prefers Bill to Clara. She was alright in her first season, but just got worse and worse as she went on. Her seasons with Capaldi were awful.
    Thinking it doesn't make it true.... No one I know likes Bills in-your-face-attitude which is sad cause without it she could have been a nice companion.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If you think having a lesbian on a show dating someone and then in the last episode thanking the Doctor for always remembering and respecting that fact is a "ham-fisted social statement," methinks you're thinking rather paranoidly, and, well, heteronormatively.
    Did you really ignore that Bill literaly in every episode states that she is gay and black?.....

She stated it like.......thrice. Once in the beginning of the season, once when she turned down the guy in the hauntd house episode (which is something gay people have to deal with pretty regularly since most people assume heterosexuality when you're not flamboyantly gay) and then once during the scene with the Romans, where it was turned back on her very smartly (from a writer's standpoint). The rest of it was her expressing her sexuality by......being attracted to women.

Surprised there hasn't been any leaks about the new Doctor. Unless the regen is going to be on stage and very late in the episode, so no chance of photographs on set.

OMG.

I just finished watching Extremis / the Pyramid at the End of the World......

Ok, so remember in Extremis, everyone tries to think of a random number but they can't because they are a simulation so they keep coming up with the same number which is impossible. Its absolutely impossible because the seed is always the same. There aren't true random numbers in a simulation.

Well, I just got to the point in the next episode, where the Doctor is in the lab and has to use the combination lock on the door manually. The code is 3-6-1-4.

All my life, I've had to use 4-digit numbers for passwords or combination locks. On bike locks, PIN numbers, etc. Every time, if at all possible, I select only one precise set of 4 digit numbers.

3-6-1-4.

They used my number.

That's impossible. The odds are impossible...
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    OMG.

I just finished watching Extremis / the Pyramid at the End of the World......

Ok, so remember in Extremis, everyone tries to think of a random number but they can't because they are a simulation so they keep coming up with the same number which is impossible. Its absolutely impossible because the seed is always the same. There aren't true random numbers in a simulation.

Well, I just got to the point in the next episode, where the Doctor is in the lab and has to use the combination lock on the door manually. The code is 3-6-1-4.

All my life, I've had to use 4-digit numbers for passwords or combination locks. On bike locks, PIN numbers, etc. Every time, if at all possible, I select only one precise set of 4 digit numbers.

3-6-1-4.

They used my number.

You are part of a simulation, come back to us Kokolumus, wake up!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They used my number.

Want to know something sorta creepy? When I quote your post the first digits are 46413. Pretty close to the same number.

But also, also:

4 8 15 16 23 42
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Want to know something sorta creepy? When I quote your post the first digits are 46413. Pretty close to the same number.

But also, also:

4 8 15 16 23 42
    Man, I remember pausing that episode with all the crossed off names in the cave, just trying to figure out who was, like, 1-10.

The delgado master was more of a stuffy mastermind and even the doctor was a bit stuffy. For new who, they reinvented both as manic. They have tons of energy and enthusiasm. I think it actually fails a bit because we dont really get shown WHY they are so manic. Its never explored. Thats why in my headcannon, i originally had the first doctor as very much walking the straight and narrow and very unadventurous growing up but some huge event happened and because of that, he lives every day like his last.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why in my headcannon, i originally had the first doctor as very much walking the straight and narrow and very unadventurous growing up but some huge event happened and because of that, he lives every day like his last.
    yeah, a huge event. Like maybe, a war? A TIME war? And like his whole race was wiped out, so now he acts really manic to cover the fact that he felt responsible for his whole race being gone.

I wonder why they've not done something like that in the show

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I think we're onto something, quick, someone contact the BBC
    I think we might be actual genii!

I can already here the call from the execs, asking us to run the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    yeah, a huge event. Like maybe, a war? A TIME war? And like his whole race was wiped out, so now he acts really manic to cover the fact that he felt responsible for his whole race being gone.

I wonder why they've not done something like that in the show
    Um it cant be the time war because that happened during his 8th incarnation. Im talking about what happened during his first incarnation to motivate him to flee in the first place. Its never really been explained. We just kind of accept that he either got bored or vaguely upset with the time lords inaction which feels inadequate.

Deleted
    Wasn't that one of the main topics of the end of season 9? IIRC in Heaven Sent he says he was lying when he said he fled because he was bored, and admits it was out of fear of the hybrid prophecy.
    yes, that was the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that one of the main topics of the end of season 9? IIRC in Heaven Sent he says he was lying when he said he fled because he was bored, and admits it was out of fear of the hybrid prophecy.
    Yup, that's the one. Although I found that explanation a little... lacking. Or rather, I found the explanation good, but what happened after was lacking.

Eehhh thats sketchy. The doctor lies.

Eehhh thats sketchy. The doctor lies.

Yep,iirc Rule one-The Doctor lies.

Deleted
    The 13th Doctor will be revealed Sunday: https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...07569696440320

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this hasn't leaked yet.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So I get to watch Roger Federer win another Wimbledon, and then find out the new Doctor After? Good times!

Unless of course... Federer loses, and then they announce a Time Lady...

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo what time does the sport event thing end so we can get the important stuff? :S