Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    We really need term limits on ALL public offices.
    What does that fix exactly?

The main problems with Congress/Senate right now is: 1. Corruption and bribery and 2. Uneducated voters.

There's nothing wrong with having experienced people in government. Should be a plus really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

The main problems with Congress/Senate right now is: 1. Corruption and bribery and 2. Uneducated voters.

There's nothing wrong with having experienced people in government. Should be a plus really.
    Then explain why we shouldn't have term limits on any publicly held office.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Then explain why we shouldn't have term limits on any publicly held office.
    Because if you don't get the money out of politics and fix the issues, you are going to just end up getting more just like them who are even more eager to sell out their position as that is what they had to do to get in to begin with so they are already that kinda person except now they know they are on the clock even harder with how much they can market their position for money.

Term limits would be great with money out of politics but with money in politics you just get more of the same only more willing to sell out for less because they know they are on a shorter time table.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Why are we discussing something that a) Bernie Sanders hasn't said he's doing and b) is going to be another 3+ years away as if it's happening next month?

Shit, for all we know Aliens could invade us by this time next year to stop our stupidity. He's not campaigning. Nobody's campaigning - except Dumbass Dump, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why are we discussing something that a) Bernie Sanders hasn't said he's doing and b) is going to be another 3+ years away as if it's happening next month?

Shit, for all we know Aliens could invade us by this time next year to stop our stupidity. He's not campaigning. Nobody's campaigning - except Dumbass Dump, of course...
    I think a lot of it has to do with the fact we have a lying freeloader in office right now actively working against the best interests of the American people with many of his policies and actions and people are thinking of stuff that both gets him out and what we would like to replace him with.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People should not be in public office over the age of 70, under any circumstances.
    Why, exactly?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    He is going to be 83 next time. Probably not going to happen.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    He is going to be 83 next time. Probably not going to happen.

Did you fail math or not read the article? Bernie is currently 75/76 When election time comes around he will be 79.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Experienced people at life being in government > people being in government for life.

Unless democrats can come up with a solid alternative, who they'll need to start advertising yesterday versus an incumbent, they'll have to unify behind Sanders. We can play circa 2004, pre-social media politics all we want, or recognize that name recognition and presence means more than anything else right now.

I'm trying to think who the republicans could run that would lose to Bernie. Nobody outside of OWS is going to vote for Bernie. Run Gavin Newsome and Tulsi Gabbard if you want to win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Did you fail math or not read the article? Bernie is currently 75/76 When election time comes around he will be 79.
    Trump is going to win in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is going to win in 2020.

Is this you admitting you don't know how to use math?

People should not be in public office over the age of 70, under any circumstances.
    All depends on one's health honestly, since health is the biggest concern. And one of the few worries when Hilary was running for the presidency. Her cough compilations and health complications didn't do her any good.

I'm not against someone of 70+, as long as they're in good health for their age. I'd rather not see them croak with the clear signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Experienced people at life being in government > people being in government for life.
    Experience at life is a total crapshoot. There are people in their 30's who have more life experience than people who have been stuck in routines for 30 years.

I wouldn't hire someone who's been a chemist for 40 years to design a bridge. They've lived a long time, seen a lot of bridges. Used a lot of bridges. And almost certainly still doesn't know the first thing about actually designing bridges, so I would rather hire someone who did.

Same principle in governing. People with governing experience > people with random experience. We've been running this exact experiment for more than half a year and the results should have been predictable: complete incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Is this you admitting you don't know how to use math?
    Bernies next chance will be 2024. Do the math

Bernies next chance will be 2024. Do the math
    Not after what was released yesterday. But you continue burying your head in the fucking sand. It doesn't make it go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not after what was released yesterday. But you continue burying your head in the fucking sand. It doesn't make it go away.
    I made the comment before i saw that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Any particular reason for this nonsense? Arbitrary or just ageist?
    It's not their future they are determining. Moreover, they become increasingly tied to outdated and anachronistic ideologies and ways of doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not their future they are determining. Moreover, they become increasingly tied to outdated and anachronistic ideologies and ways of doing things.
    That's painting with a pretty wide fucking brush.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.