62 20.95%
  • No she is not evil - [Horde PoV]

114 38.51%
  • No she is not evil - [Alliance PoV]

50 16.89%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another Sylvanas thread Holy.Shit. There's like 4 or 5 in the front lore section.

I've said it before, no other character gets this much attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The true question is: "Is Mudmug truly evil?"
    Probably allied with Master Baiter.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBF, there's war and they're part of Alliance, Horde's enemy, so...
    And yet we're supposed to label Jaina evil because she ALMOST drowned Orgrimmar. Alright.

She's evil, but then again I play Alliance.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

She is progressing well toward becoming a raid boss or worse, a dungeon boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I would argue, she just wanted to flood orgrimmar to end this conflict (and fulfill her crave for revenge), kill all militants and sacrifice horde civilians, which in comparison to attack on gilneas at least looks similar - Sylvanas wanted to take out all militants and sacrifice gilneas civilians
    The civilians in Orgrimmar weren't collateral damage for Jaina, they were the targets.
    And even if we weren’t, even if Dalaran and the Kirin Tor were in a state where we could handle this, there are merchants and craftsmen and innkeepers and travelers who never marched on Theramore. For pity’s sake, there’s an orphanage in Orgrimmar, my lady! We can’t—we won’t—obliterate innocents.”
    Jaina had to take a moment to make her voice steady enough to speak. “The orphans there will grow up to become Horde,” she said. “They are being taught to hate us, to plot against us. There are no innocents in that Light-forsaken city, Khadgar. There are no innocents anywhere. Not anymore.”
    [...]
    “Jaina,” he said, the words coming out through teeth clenched with his body’s strain, “your pain is justified. What was done was an atrocity. But the life breath of children should not be demanded for what Garrosh did!”
    [...]
    “You are right,” he said, causing her to look at him with a surprised expression. “I wasn’t there. But I can see what it has done to you. What Garrosh did to you. Fight Garrosh. I will not stop you. But do not make innocents—children, Jaina!—pay his blood price! You won’t just kill them; you will kill the future!”
    “There’s no future for those who died in agony at Theramore,” Jaina shot back. “Why should the orcs have one when they don’t? When Kinndy doesn’t, or Tervosh, or all those good and decent people?” Then, almost to herself, she said, “Why should anyone have a future?”

--Tides of War

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Evil ya 100% but she's not a villain she isn't gonna go all garrosh I don't think she has no reason to but neither did garrosh so who knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 3rd option - No shes not I am Horde - should be like - OFCOURSE NOT YOU STUPID IMBECILE PIECE OF NAG SHIT I AM SYLVANAS FANBOY.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-12 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Evil/Good is the most boring way to look at things in WoW and I don't understand why people insist that something must be either Good or Evil.
    It's all matter of perspective.

Forsaken, and maybe whole Horde even, have entirely different set of morals then humans of Alliance.

Warcraft is not real world, in Warcraft there's like 15+ different races each with their own culture and society which deals with stuff each in their own way.
    For Alliance, Sylvanas is probably not different than the Lich King, and is evil.
    For Horde she's the most efficient military leader who doesn't shy from "dirty acts" if it means achieving victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    She is progressing well toward becoming a raid boss or worse, a dungeon boss.
    She already is a dungeon boss though.

And yeah I'd say she is lawful evil.

The hell are these poll options lol

Put either a yes or no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Whether or not Sylvanas is "evil" depends on your personal perspective - either from a partisan Horde/Alliance basis or the morals or ethics you espouse (in-game or in real life). From the third-person omniscient perspective of someone who's read every book and nearly every quest I would probably say "no, she's not evil" but I would also say she's far from good. Sylvanas is probably WoW's ultimate antihero, right behind Illidan or perhaps Wrathion, she does terrible things for (possibly) good reasons at least insofar as she and her Forsaken are concerned. She is loyal to the ideals of the Horde but holds herself apart from them as well - and it remains to be seen if her loyalty to the Horde is greater than her desire to avoid her fate in the Shadowlands.
    I don think it does come down horde or alliance of even real world/wow in the war crimes book she had fully planned to murder her own sister not because she was alliance but just so she would be undead. That falls under falls catagories as evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The true question is: "Is Mudmug truly evil?"
    Your feeble mind cannot comprehend mudmugs alignment.

The great one is far above simple concepts like good or evil.

Deleted
    Don't care just want that bit** off the throne were he was sitting!
    Our true warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She already is a dungeon boss though.

And yeah I'd say she is lawful evil.
    I would say she is 20% bitch evil, 35% snarky evil, and 45% reasonable evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Don't care just want that bit** off the throne were he was sitting!
    Our true warchief.
    Yeah, garrosh hellscream was the dude. We could use someone like him again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Because it's 2017, that's the same reason why you can't kill kids in fallout 4.

Companies risk quite much if they allow something like this by default.
    Do they? I mean in fallout 3 you can eat a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Being undead doesn't doom you to hell. We've seen undead ascend, hell undead we've killed we've watched ascend.
    What ones have we seen ascend? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the crusader, but he wasn't even dead yet and it took a Naaru to "save" him.

Also even if she isn't dooming them to going to hell the fact that she is pretty much proves shes evil. Every thing she does after that is to prevent herself from going back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Evil/Good is the most boring way to look at things in WoW and I don't understand why people insist that something must be either Good or Evil.
    It's all matter of perspective.

Forsaken, and maybe whole Horde even, have entirely different set of morals then humans of Alliance.

Warcraft is not real world, in Warcraft there's like 15+ different races each with their own culture and society which deals with stuff each in their own way.
    For Alliance, Sylvanas is probably not different than the Lich King, and is evil.
    For Horde she's the most efficient military leader who doesn't shy from "dirty acts" if it means achieving victory.
    Even from a horde view point sge wpuld be evil no other horde race is ok with murdering family members and raising them into undeath.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    What ones have we seen ascend? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the crusader, but he wasn't even dead yet and it took a Naaru to "save" him.

Also even if she isn't dooming them to going to hell the fact that she is pretty much proves shes evil. Every thing she does after that is to prevent herself from going back.
    Darrowshire citizens.

also the whole hell thing is retarded either way. We don't know why she was sent there, so it could be alot of things. It could be because she commited evil actions, it could be because her soul was no longer "whole" or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The civilians in Orgrimmar weren't collateral damage for Jaina, they were the targets.
    Yes, that's what i've said, they were a sacrifice to satisfy her lust for revenge, i've never stated that civilians of orgrimmar were collateral damage for her
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Even from a horde view point sge wpuld be evil no other horde race is ok with murdering family members and raising them into undeath.
    Since Horde is not the same Horde from War3, I am not so sure.
    Forsaken and Belves make the biggest chunk of Horde forces now, and so far Lorthemar has supported Sylvanas.

In the best case they maybe consider her actions dishonorable, but as long as she brings victory to the Horde I doubt they consider her the evil which needs to be put down.