Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does WoW actually need to be more addictive?

If, ask the guy in my signature how to do it.

If you mean, it should be more fun, well.. there are so many different playstyles, so many different ideas what the game would make great that i think blizzard should just implement what they think is best.

Who am i to tell blizzard what they should design.

I can tell you what i would like, and that is a larger focus on the RPG part of the MMORPG. Immersion. Meaningful character progression no matter if you play in groups or alone. Professions which are fun to level. All that stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-12 at 05:49 PM.

I'd say a lot more outdoor activities and way less instanced content, with very little to no use of menus. Encourage people try to make their own fun rather than following a simple path of linear content that will be consumed to soon. Rewards should come in a lot slower to give back a more satisfying feeling.

How? Take a year off of WoW.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Explosions! Gotta have more Explosions!

inb4 private server
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Without going into much detail on each

Slow down the leveling process / make it more relevant
    Open world / instance scaling
    Crafting of multi-player weaponry and vessels for open world pvp.
    Introduce risk and / or setback into the game (via death penalty, potential item loss, etc)
    Rethink of classes, allowing for more custom builds / hybrids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Bring out your inner game designer self and give opinions from your experience in other games on "how to make WoW more Addicting/Fun"

Here is my opinion:

All other games are addicting because of "Ranked Systems" so:
    First i would invent a new type of item that everyone wants. Everyone must drool at the sight of said "new items"
    Then i would implement a system where the population would be divided by Social Classes(LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) and reward each class with a unique reward (new items)
    This would give prestige back to the game but at the same time give a goal or a epic journey to each Social Class.
    Maybe you like more the "new item" version of LFR, then go do it! After that you can try and get the "new item" in Normal mode.

EXPLANATION: The idea of dividing WoW in Social Classes or "Different Skill Levels" is essential to create a competetive environment
    Everyone would be on a epic quest (according to their skill level) to get said "new items".
    The "new items" must be something that EVERYONE wants. Make it as much snowflake as possible and must be impossible to get once the expansion ends to not flood the system with "awesome items"
    How is this any different from this thread (which you also created)?:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...great-PRESTIGE

And subsequently posted the exact same thing yesterday:
    @Kyanion

I will just ask you this.
    If you were a game designer how would you "hook" and make people "addicted" to your game?
    There are strategies for this you know. Prestige is usually the main tactic (ex: MOBAS, Shooters, Card Games, Fighters etc)

By what you are saying i guess you would just make a game with good gameplay and call it a day.
    Wouldn't you want to make the gamers happy with their unique pixels? You need to know how to please a nerd man xD

I am a nerd
    Just because people do not respond to a given post, does not give you ammo to go create another duplicate thread just to get create visibility and make people view and respond to your comments.

Reporting for spam.

Your need to be seen and admired both here and in game smacks of narcissism and no game should be developing content to cater to personality disorders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massively increase the size of the open world, increase distances, make it a true journey.
    Increase difficulty of the open world, make teaming up really beneficial.
    No flood of rewards for doing next to nothing. Don't make them 'epic' either.
    Make casual BG's like the days of old again. More crap allowed, more volatile.
    Remove the extreme focus on hamster-wheel content with an exponential function for gear ilvl drops.
    Make it only 1 difficulty, with a wide choice of bosses/raids to do. Give people something better and palpable to aim for than 'a higher difficulty'. Make a kill count more.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Deleted
    @A dot Ham

Yes that post to Kyanion gave me the idea for this thread...any problem?

Is not like this thread will go far anyway
    Threads where you ask something out of a person never go too far. Specialy if you ask for "imagination" stuff.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-12 at 05:23 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, separate the game by social classes. That is a very awesome idea, and no one will leave the game.

"If someone doesn't like being low-class, he/she can simply do the hard content!" Or he/she can leave the game. Let's see which option is more popular!

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to make WoW more addictive? You want people do die?

Quote Originally Posted by Appleson View Post
    I would remove LFR in an instant.
    Yes. Taking away an optional difficulty would make the game fun and addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Erh..What? Sounds like the worst idea I've ever fucking heard in my entire life.
    Because why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yes, separate the game by social classes. That is a very awesome idea, and no one will leave the game.

"If someone doesn't like being low-class, he/she can simply do the hard content!" Or he/she can leave the game. Let's see which option is more popular!
    Even the low class (LFR) would have a epic quest for those "new items". It's not like a LFR hero does Normal mode anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Yes. Taking away an optional difficulty would make the game fun and addicting.
    Millions of players would immediately resubscribe if they removed LFR. The players who do enjoy LFR would immediately realize how much better the game is without something they previously enjoyed being available. I would guess every single player in the game would be at least 287% happier with the removal of LFR.

It's science.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2017-07-12 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    World PvP for actual rewards. Like make a weekly world quest that gives out a ton of AP or even a chance to drop a vicious mount saddle to kill a capital city boss. Have the quest go both ways. One is kill x number of enemy players for the quest the other is kill the enemy boss. Have one quest for each side.
    That is my dream *drool*
    But the world pvp community is so small. Blizzard ignores us.

I dream of a World PvP patch ^_^

make all dungeon and LFR loot purple and the rest blue

By not doing so at all. Game addiction has caused deaths in the past or made people seriously ill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    no game should be developing content to cater to personality disorders.
    All games do that though WoW is falling behind and being the good guy for too long.
    They must convert to a Evil Company and brainwash the minds on innocent people

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By not doing so at all. Game addiction has caused deaths in the past or made people seriously ill.
    Blizzard needs to be the Evil Company. The "good guy blizzard" is not good enough to survive in this world xDDD

All games do that though WoW is falling behind and being the good guy for too long.
    They must convert to a Evil Company and brainwash the minds on innocent people

Blizzard needs to be the Evil Company. The "good guy blizzard" is not good enough to survive in this world xDDD
    I mean EA, Konami, and Ubisoft are right there. They're happy to take you for all you're worth if you really want to be exploited and short changed.