Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Please feel free to point out anything in my post that's biased or is misleading, do you or do you not have to actually play the game to upgrade the gear you get in game?
    Was more alluding to your "This game is great and anything negative said about it is just people hating" attitude is one of those that should summarily be discarded for more level attitudes towards the game (whether it's what was done right or where the game needs work).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Let's see. 1 guy actually LFM and 3 people saying LFG. So impressive.
    See the numbers on the left of the chat? that's the local server time in NA, now use your maths skill and work out just how many minutes it covers, hint, it's less than an hour.

Thanks for pointing out what i knew all along that you don't even play the game otherwise you'd know that once the outdoor boss is killed and the zone opens, everyone forms their raids inside by the portal.
    I did and people also originally used to queue because that's how I got in multiple times. But of course your only argument for someone claiming something is bad about Rift is "they didn't even play".

- - - Updated - - -

See the numbers on the left of the chat? that's the local server time in NA, now use your maths skill and work out just how many minutes it covers, hint, it's less than an hour.
    That's still not very impressive. 4 different people in that time period. I remember when chat would flood in Rift. But alas those days are gone because people have left in large numbers.

You know what why am I trying to waste my time again? When you want to have a discussion about this game and be aware of what's wrong with it then let me know. All your real argument to anyone here with critique is either "they don't play" or "they just hate for the sake of hating". If anything your attitude hurts the game rather than helps it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Was more alluding to your "This game is great and anything negative said about it is just people hating" attitude is one of those that should summarily be discarded for more level attitudes towards the game (whether it's what was done right or where the game needs work).
    Never understood why people take such defence to a game. Because this isn't out of enjoyment at this point. It's just vehemently defending a product that has massive issues.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You know what why am I trying to waste my time again? When you want to have a discussion about this game and be aware of what's wrong with it then let me know. All your real argument to anyone here with critique is either "they don't play" or "they just hate for the sake of hating".
    Please don't bother replying to my posts then, every time i make a post it's you that jumps in with your "concerned player" crap, funny how you don't make any posts here until i make a new thread then you're in here mouthing off, just like you do in numerous other game threads, next thing you'll be saying you play every single one of those games you feel obliged to make a post or comment on, must be great to exist in an alternate Universe with 100 hours in a day.

Please don't bother replying to my posts then, every time i make a post it's you that jumps in with your "concerned player" crap, funny how you don't make any posts here until i make a new thread then you're in here mouthing off, just like you do in numerous other game threads, next thing you'll be saying you play every single one of those games you feel obliged to make a post or comment on, must be great to exist in an alternate Universe with 100 hours in a day.
    Thank's for proving mine and everyone's point here. Asked you for a discussion and you just went on the attack rather than actually show some civility. Also "numerous" other game threads? Please link me these numerous ones.

Also I'm pretty sure I explained why I spend so much time on here.

Probably because he'd need in-game content to actually exist to warrant making a post, where-as the only 'content' to come out of Rift in some time is your poor attempts at constructing an argument all-the-while white knighting a game well in it's death's throes.

OP if you want advice- here it is- play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Probably because he'd need in-game content to actually exist to warrant making a post, where-as the only 'content' to come out of Rift in some time is your poor attempts at constructing an argument all-the-while white knighting a game well in it's death's throes.

OP if you want advice- here it is- play something else.
    To be fair if Rift was how it was in Storm Legion I'd be singing it's praises. But well it's not anymore. It's taken a huge fall.

As I said this game was so close to being my replacement for WoW or FF14 1.0 at the time but I was new to both games so I would sub to Rift now and then since back then I was 18 and well on a University budget hehe.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also "numerous" other game threads? Please link me these numerous ones.
    You make it so easy...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46489506

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46477254

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46475970

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46474704

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46468890

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46468315

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46458817

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post46452663

That's just in the past few days with numerous "contributions" to same threads.

Your "contributions" to this thread also sound a bit familiar, glad to see you're still making friends on MMO-C

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...W-needs-to-die

How am I "mouthing off" in those threads?

Really? Me naming 3 Steam games that I said feel underrated after release is "mouthing off". Again proving my point.

Did you literally just go around and pick some threads at random? Because you literally picked threads where I asked questions about games and named games.

Am I not allowed to be sceptic of a game because it has possible connections to known bad devs that even I admitted were rumors?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you literally just go around and pick some threads at random? Because you literally picked threads where I asked questions about games and named games.
    I actually did you a good turn and picked out your less "concerned" posts, found plenty where you were the usual mouthing off, aggressively attacking anyone with a different opinion to you, if you like i can link those aggressive posts? thought you'd be happy at me linking your less "concerned" posts.

I actually did you a good turn and picked out your less "concerned" posts, found plenty where you were the usual mouthing off, aggressively attacking anyone with a different opinion to you, if you like i can link those aggressive posts? thought you'd be happy at me linking your less "concerned" posts.
    And what does "aggressive" mean to you?

Because I swear we have different definitions of it.

Yes I've been aggressive before in my posting. Do I regret it? If I went over the top then yes I do. Do I regret being full on critical of a game/topic that needs it? Not at all. What my posting history has to do with Rift though is beyond me so I'm going to get back on topic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 07:33 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok........
    So back to the OP: game is for free again... once more. Feel free to download and give it a swing.
    The opinions vary greatly on the current state of the game, so you might as well check it yourself.

Since you did ask for personal opinions: currently, there are better games out there. Rift used to be awesome, now... not anymore.
    But it all comes down to personal taste. What I do or don't like is different from what you like. I used to drag people to rift since it was awesome. I stopped doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post
    Ok........
    So back to the OP: game is for free again... once more. Feel free to download and give it a swing.
    The opinions vary greatly on the current state of the game, so you might as well check it yourself.

Since you did ask for personal opinions: currently, there are better games out there. Rift used to be awesome, now... not anymore.
    But it all comes down to personal taste. What I do or don't like is different from what you like. I used to drag people to rift since it was awesome. I stopped doing that.
    Genuine question here. Had the game continued with the quality of early Rift/Storm Legion do you think you would still be getting people to come play?

I mean we had a guild of like 100-150 up until Nightmare Tide. Then it started falling apart because people started seeing the shady parts of the F2P model.

And I agree 100% it's down to personal taste. My personal taste/opinion is the same. That there are better games out there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 07:59 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genuine question here. Had the game continued with the quality of early Rift/Storm Legion do you think you would still be getting people to come play?

I mean we had a guild of like 100-150 up until Nightmare Tide. Then it started falling apart because people started seeing the shady parts of the F2P model.

And I agree 100% it's down to personal taste. My personal taste/opinion is the same. That there are better games out there.
    Good question. We had a Thriving guild in that period. A solid group that raided since the early days of rift, clearing all content. F2P somehow started cracking the game to my feeling. Quality and Content was awesome and very good and if that had continued I would still try to convince people to play. I think most would actually still play.

the stunt they pulled with SFP is probably more damaging to the game then going f2p the first time. You can't sell that to customers with: advance access to the content. Hell, not all promised content from launch is even in! And there are more bugs then in chocolate / storm legion. We had them in those days as well, that cannot be denied. For example: I still remembed Infernal Dawn with that "lovely" Maklamos fight. What where they doing? At least we had a button in the end to put it in hardmode... weird stuff.

One other thing that was very good was the community at that time. The community was great, helpfull. We knew each other, helped eah other. The community changed. But it happens in more games. Vanilla WoW was a beautiful place, but nowadays the community can be toxic at times. The world is changing and the mmorpg community from 10+ years ago is no longer there (at least thats mymfeeling).

Times change, people change, games change

So in this "40 mins in a queue" you didn't see a single person in chat forming a TD run, no one? right...

I already explained why it's faster and more efficient to form a raid in chat, maybe i need to do a power point presentation, can't explain it any simpler.
    We all understand why it's faster and better but you are still missing our point. Also, yes, I could easily sit in a queue for 40 minutes and not read chat. I don't usually read chat at all. Maybe guild chat, but even at that, if guildies want to talk to me, they know to go to comms(Vent/TS/Whatever is being used these days), because if I am on that is where I am and I NEVER look at chat. As a matter of fact, often times when I queue for a LFR/LFD type of thing and I know the average wait is more than 5 minutes or so, I'll turn my speakers up so I hear when it pops and walk away from my computer and go do something else entirely until I hear it pop.

Once again, I'll ask, why have the tool even there if no one uses it? All it being there is going to do is confuse new/returning players, feeding the idea that the game is dead/dying. Why leave a broken tool no one uses in the game? Just another example of poor decisions on Trions part. If it doesn't work and no one uses it, FIX IT or REMOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    We all understand why it's faster and better but you are still missing our point. Also, yes, I could easily sit in a queue for 40 minutes and not read chat. I don't usually read chat at all. Maybe guild chat, but even at that, if guildies want to talk to me, they know to go to comms(Vent/TS/Whatever is being used these days), because if I am on that is where I am and I NEVER look at chat. As a matter of fact, often times when I queue for a LFR/LFD type of thing and I know the average wait is more than 5 minutes or so, I'll turn my speakers up so I hear when it pops and walk away from my computer and go do something else entirely until I hear it pop.

Once again, I'll ask, why have the tool even there if no one uses it? All it being there is going to do is confuse new/returning players, feeding the idea that the game is dead/dying. Why leave a broken tool no one uses in the game? Just another example of poor decisions on Trions part. If it doesn't work and no one uses it, FIX IT or REMOVE IT.
    He already kind of disproved himself with what he posted. Maybe if Trion actually found a way to stop it breaking from queuing then you know people would queue for it.

If I cannot use LFD/LFR on my own to be matched with other players then that is a failed system. LFD does work but it takes forever to find someone. LFR however as I said breaks consistently.

Simple question. Does LFR work as a matchmaking system in Rift? No. Pretty simple. Partially because it breaks and partially because nobody is queuing for it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-12 at 09:32 PM.

Eh what? the answer is glaringly obvious why, i can form a group in 10 seconds with 'LF9M TD', the LFR tool insists you need 2x Tanks, 2x Healers, 5x DPS and 1x Support.

Nobody is going to hang around waiting for people to correctly click a role, you only need 2 Tanks for spider boss, i can solo heal the entire Raid and if we want a speed run, don't use a support so for people that are chain running TD to upgrade gear it's more time effecient to get a group in chat, instant Raid formed in less than a minute.

Again, you realize that you're admitting that LFR was nothing but a waste of development resources...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, you realize that you're admitting that LFR was nothing but a waste of development resources...right?
    LFR means looking for raid. That would imply I can use it to find a raid with or without a group. How the hell am I supposed to do that if the queue breaks when it feels like it? I don't understand how his argument of "premade is quicker" has any validity here when the point that is being raised is that it doesn't work as it should do. Which is as a matchmaking system.

LFR's primary role should be matchmaking. And right now it isn't. That's like if Blizzard said "yeah we made LFR but we don't care if the queue breaks and if it does go and make your own group because it's quicker". Maybe it is quicker but that's not how a matchmaking system works.

And it being broken leads to people not queuing for it. How come it worked well with Queen's Foci after a few fixes but suddenly TD has this issue?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 12:51 AM.

And it being broken leads to people not queuing for it. How come it worked well with Queen's Foci after a few fixes but suddenly TD has this issue?
    Wait, LFR used to pop for Queen's Foci? I tried a few times as it allowed me to do other things than spam chat and it never fired the entire time the instance was opened. TD barely fires and even then the healers and tanks tend to refuse to play their roles. They only selected their roles for quicker queues. LFR with such a small population is a mistake. Should have just copied FFXIV and made an incentive to run new people through, or added a bonus for everyone if one member hadn't completed it for the week yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Wait, LFR used to pop for Queen's Foci? I tried a few times as it allowed me to do other things than spam chat and it never fired the entire time the instance was opened. TD barely fires and even then the healers and tanks tend to refuse to play their roles. They only selected their roles for quicker queues. LFR with such a small population is a mistake. Should have just copied FFXIV and made an incentive to run new people through, or added a bonus for everyone if one member hadn't completed it for the week yet.
    Yeah Queen's Foci didn't work initially but after a few fixes that's how I always got in.

LFR was not the best idea for Rift imo. Not because it's a bad idea. But because they marketed it to an already tiny audience and didn't polish the queue system. And the whole "go make a group" is just a redundant argument since LFR is supposed to use matchmaking tech. And LFD queues were already taking quite a while to pop for non tanks at that point.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 02:13 AM.