Help choosing a laptop ($1000-1400 range)

Hey guys, having missed on the Prime Day deal, I went shopping around for laptops anyways based on what I had seen listed by chaud.

My budget is to not exceed $1400, ideally land in $1300.

So I saw the following laptops.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

MSI GS Series GS63VR Stealth Pro-422 15.6" Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

$1300 bucks.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16834234455

ASUS ROG GL502VM-DS74 15.6" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 128 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

$1279

Seems like I get a better deal with the ASUS than the MSI.

What do you guys think? do you have any additional suggestions for laptops?

For reference, the list of the games I like to play:

WoW
    FFXIV
    Guild Wars 2
    Dragon Age titles
    Mass Effect Titles
    Witcher 3
    Total War: Warhammer
    Skyrim

I don't care much for high end shooters, though I might give Bioware's anthem a try.

I loved the help you guys gave me with building a desktop 4 years ago (it's still running everything perfectly and I've only updated to a SSD and a new graphics card).

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Did you also post this in the subforum? I replied to you there.
    I saw it, thanks ;>. I wasn't sure computer build/upgrade would be appropriate for just shopping decisions so I posted here in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Thanks ;>. That's actually quite some bang for the buck. I just want a portable platform for gaming while in college (I still have my desktop for upgrades) for when I have to travel for internships. This helps a lot.

Looked it up on Amazon, however, and they tax me a whopping $75 bucks, making it so the customized Sager I got from Lathias is only ahead by $190, and it includes my customized ssd 250 gb 850 EVO samsung on top of 1 TB HDD.

Gentech taxes me nothing.$1326 vs $1049, I'll take the Sager.

Thanks for the help, guys.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-07-12 at 10:15 PM.