Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It amazes me to hear that there are people who haven't heard this song before.

It is played 20 times a day on the radio. It is played in public places - grocery stores, shopping malls - on television and I have even heard it as hold music before.

If you've truly never heard the song - even in part - you either live in a non English-speaking part of the world (and even then, it's probably played everywhere anyway), or you actively avoid pretty much all public places and plug your ears when you hear the first few bars of any sort of music played in public that is not in line with your tastes.

I'm not a huge fan of the song itself, but I can't wrap my head around the kind of social life a person must have in order to have never heard the song before.

I mean I guess it's possible, but realistically it's more likely that you just don't recognize it because you weren't really paying attention.
    In my defense, I'm a truck driver, and I only listen to songs from my own personal playlists. And most truck stops only play country or pop; and only classic R and B if they want to go that route. So I'm admittedly a bit behind on what's current.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Both boring songs

- - - Updated - - -

don't you only think he has soul because of his race?
    ...what the actual fuck? Is there some kind of personal history between the two of you that provides much needed context to this completely ratfuck moronic race-baitey ass statement? Or maybe my old decrepit ass mind is just too addled to grasp it. Either way, dirty pool.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    In my defense, I'm a truck driver, and I only listen to songs from my own personal playlists. And most truck stops only play country or pop; and only classic R and B if they want to go that route.

Yeah, but don't you think it's more likely that you've overheard the song and just didn't register it?

I'm not a fan of country music at all, but I've heard that stupid Shania Twain "I feel like a woman" song a bajillion times, and this song gets played WAY more often than that. Even on pop stations.

I heard it the other day at a fair. It's fucking EVERYWHERE, just like Gangam Style (which, again - if you live on Planet Earth, how have you NOT heard that song?)

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    ...what the actual fuck? Is there some kind of personal history between the two of you that provides much needed context to this completely ratfuck moronic race-baitey ass statement? Or maybe my old decrepit ass mind is just too addled to grasp it. Either way, dirty pool.
    this seems pretty over-the-top. I just asserted the possibility that people have racial bias, especially when it comes to "soul" and music. Aesthetics are all wrapped up together - appearance and sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    this seems pretty over-the-top. I just asserted the possibility that people have racial bias, especially when it comes to "soul" and music. Aesthetics are all wrapped up together - appearance and sound.
    no, you actually, as King Candy said, went full "ratfuck moronic race-baitey" for no real reason.
    he called it right, you came out of left field with your remark.

Not really hard to buy views when you have a millions of dollars to make something look good which some idiots will think the product worth wasting money on it. Especially with the new thing about streaming counts towards single/record-individual sells which then can chart your singles/albums alone.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    Wiz Khalifa, so you mean the rapper who only teenage white girls listen to as they smoke weed for the first time with their 20 year old boyfriend with no jobs honda civic hatchback from 1993 ?
    That's a really racist take on this! A wide variety of people watch this video.

Yeah, but don't you think it's more likely that you've overheard the song and just didn't register it?

I'm not a fan of country music at all, but I've heard that stupid Shania Twain "I feel like a woman" song a bajillion times, and this song gets played WAY more often than that. Even on pop stations.

I heard it the other day at a fair. It's fucking EVERYWHERE, just like Gangam Style (which, again - if you live on Planet Earth, how have you NOT heard that song?)
    I've heard that song; I watched FF7. Just don't expect me to quote lyrics or anything. I was just speaking more in general regards to what is considered popular music this day and age. I'm pretty behind on trends, partly due to my job, mostly due to me going out of my way not to listen to anything that doesn't fit in my admittedly rigid box of things I want to hear.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

It amazes me to hear that there are people who haven't heard this song before.

It is played 20 times a day on the radio. It is played in public places - grocery stores, shopping malls - on television and I have even heard it as hold music before.

If you've truly never heard the song - even in part - you either live in a non English-speaking part of the world (and even then, it's probably played everywhere anyway), or you actively avoid pretty much all public places and plug your ears when you hear the first few bars of any sort of music played in public that is not in line with your tastes.

I'm not a huge fan of the song itself, but I can't wrap my head around the kind of social life a person must have in order to have never heard the song before.

I mean I guess it's possible, but realistically it's more likely that you just don't recognize it because you weren't really paying attention.
    None of the nation-wide radio stations in Poland played the song even once in the last 24 hours. Gotta lol at measuring people's social lives on whether or not they think they heard a forgettable song even for people in English-speaking countries anyway. Perfect barometer right there. And if people actually heard this song but didn't pay attention and as such don't recognize it at all because it didn't register with them, as far as their perception goes, they haven't heard this song. What do you expect them to say? "I heard this song even though I don't recognize it at all"? Because that doesn't make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Actually hate that song.

Wiz Khagina paid for bot views to convince empty vessels with no taste that they should be listening to his song, more at 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Is it bad that i've never even heard of "despacito" before?
    Nope but it is a bit surprising. I don't know how you've managed to miss it unless you haven't been listening to any radio whatsoever in the last ~3 months.

I think the absolute worst of it is over but a few weeks ago you'd hear it several times every hour on every radio station around here.
    I drove to my parents, which is about a 20km drive, and heard that song 3 times during that drive which took me less than half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Move over, "Gangnam Style."
    Wiz Khalifa's video "See You Again" featuring singer Charlie Puth hit nearly 2.9 billion views on YouTube on Tuesday morning, taking the top spot for most viewed video from Psy, the Korean pop star behind the previous record holder "Gangnam Style."
    "
    Pretty crazy, 3 million hits/day on average.
    I wonder what that amounts to in revenue for Wiz?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Nope but it is a bit surprising. I don't know how you've managed to miss it unless you haven't been listening to any radio whatsoever in the last ~3 months.

I think the absolute worst of it is over but a few weeks ago you'd hear it several times every hour on every radio station around here.
    I drove to my parents, which is about a 20km drive, and heard that song 3 times during that drive which took me less than half an hour.
    Ah!

See, I always used go on Jack FM! However, that kind of changed a bit recently.

So, RiP!

I don't get why the song is getting so much hate. I don't think it's the best song ever produced or anything, but there's really not anything wrong with it. Is this really just "I hate this because it's popular"?

You have quotes in this thread like; "The song is the worst!" "Never hated a song so much in my life". I honestly don't know how you justify hating this song that much. I'd understand claims that it's bland, or just not your kind of song, but this seems a bit extreme.

Its funny how many people are flat lying saying "Oh ive never heard of this song" Just to try and be "edgy" its played EVERYWHERE, the grocery store, commercials, the gas station, malls, ect. There is no way you haven't heard it unless you are from a 3rd world country (which I know some of you actually are). I purposely avoid black music and still know what the overplayed song is.

10+ Year Old Account
    God i hate that song

10+ Year Old Account
    Catchy song that can hit home for lots of people, on top of celebrity death and a billion dollar franchise.

Perfect conditions for a #1 video.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Reminds me I should catch up on the Fast and the Furious movies.

I watched the first one, thought it was forgettable rubbish. Caught half the second one, didn't do much to improve my impression.

But the recent ones have raked in millions so they must be entertaining on some level... right? Or is this another unfathomable Michael Bay's Transformers phenomenon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Its funny how many people are flat lying saying "Oh ive never heard of this song" Just to try and be "edgy" its played EVERYWHERE, the grocery store, commercials, the gas station, malls, ect. There is no way you haven't heard it unless you are from a 3rd world country (which I know some of you actually are). I purposely avoid black music and still know what the overplayed song is.
    misuse of edgy... but some people just dont listen to garbage artists. i personally gave up on the guy when i heard that trash Black and yellow..., wasnt much into his trash flow from the start. Hated that he ruined one of my favorite The Weeknd songs, Remember You. Actually still disappointed in The Weeknd for even having his irrelevant contribution to the track. Just watching the video again... the guy is in a back room of a tailor completely disconnected the unspoken story of the chick hooking up with the lezy goth.
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-07-13 at 01:52 AM.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So? Both are utter shit by talentless posers who should be fired out of a cannon and into the sun.
    Are you seriously calling Psy talentless ????

So tell us your Talents please