Poll: What is the best superhero movie of all time?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Dark Knight vs Logan

Which superhero movie is the best?

I debated throwing Civil War in the poll, but I just feel like Logan and TDK are on another level altogether. I'll leave an option open for "other".

Tough one.

But would have to go with TDK. Better villian, the set pieces felt more big and its got insane rewatchability.

Logan is a heavy hitter that you need to be in the mood for.

TDK is more of a superhero film too. Logan is more like a western.

Of those two? Dark Knight, but I gotta say, these are both two extremely overrated movies for me. Both well done, but I don't see them being as top tier as people make em out to be.

But that's just me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Um, The Dark Knight is pretty much the best super hero movie ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Of those two? Dark Knight, but I gotta say, these are both two extremely overrated movies for me. Both well done, but I don't see them being as top tier as people make em out to be.

But that's just me.
    So what in your opinion are the best superhero movies then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Dark Knight is the better FILM.

But Logan is a better super hero film.

I would also put GoTG2 up in the same regions. I laughed, I cried, I weed a little. Brilliant film.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In your biased Poll OFC Logan as everything is better as TDK
    hell even Superman (70/80ies) and Batman by Burton are better as the TDK

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think Dark Knight is the better FILM.

But Logan is a better super hero film.

I would also put GoTG2 up in the same regions. I laughed, I cried, I weed a little. Brilliant film.
    Honestly I love both of the GOTG movies a lot. I would probably put one of them in my top 5, but I feel like they don't have any sort of profundity that lingers after the movie, it's just an entertaining watch. I don't want that to sound like I'm making a dig at them, because I still like them a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    In your biased Poll OFC Logan as everything is better as TDK
    hell even Superman (70/80ies) and Batman by Burton are better as the TDK
    Feel free to select 'Other'.

I debated throwing Civil War in the poll, but I just feel like Logan and TDK are on another level altogether. I'll leave an option open for "other".
    Both are artistic masterpieces for superhero/VG movies. No clue how Civil War was in consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    GotG 1/2 are both better than both movies. Better written, more entertaining, better soundtrack, better CG, better costumes, better heroes and villains.

Dark Knight is massively overrated. The single reason it's as hyped as it is is Ledger's joker, and that's partially only so hyped because he's dead.

Logan was good, but still somewhat overrated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm trying to figure out how people consider Logan to be a good film. There's very little in the line of an actual plot, and the things they only hint at would have made a far better film.

I don't know how to really compare the two. one a psychological thriller.. the other is a character piece.

While Dark Knight is the only thing that DC has done that I actually liked I have to vote for Logan.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I love both of the GOTG movies a lot. I would probably put one of them in my top 5, but I feel like they don't have any sort of profundity that lingers after the movie, it's just an entertaining watch. I don't want that to sound like I'm making a dig at them, because I still like them a lot.
    I think the second one really resonated with me on a personal level, which is why I would put it alongside those other two IMO. I understand that not everyone does though.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Dark knight had the best villain, Logan had the better hero. Hard to pick.

I appreciate what they tried to do with Logan, but imo it fell short from succeeding at it. So I'd place The Dark Knight way above Logan, with Civil War and some others between them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    GotG 1/2 are both better than both movies.
    GotG 2 doesn't live up to 1's lofty standard. Can you tell me the point of the gold people? Also the fatherly stuff with kurt russell had more potential than they used and felt rushed imo. The ravager stuff was its only saving grace and thats saying a lot with star lord and rocket on board

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Can you tell me the point of the gold people?
    They're going to be VERY important VERY soon...

Especially Adam, the guy she created in the post credit scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Dark knight had the best villain, Logan had the better hero. Hard to pick.
    How is a drunk that can barely be bothered to save a child's life more of a hero than a man that sacrifices everything to save the entire city?

So what in your opinion are the best superhero movies then?
    I honestly don't know.

People love to say Marvel is so much better than DC but....Marvel has had a TON of shit movies. Yes they're doing a better job with likeable characters and setting up their universes but, Hulk, Thor, Thor 2, Iron man 2 +3, Cap1 were all pretty bad. Avengers was good. Ultron was meh. Looking forward to Thor Ragnarok and the rest of the upcoming movies + MCU phases.

The Spider mans were pretty shitty. They were fun at the time, but they left me with no last memories. Doc Oc getting a conscious and the travesty of Venom polluted em for me. Haven't even bothered with the Garfields

GOTG 1 + 2 did nothing for me.

Xmens have all been pretty terrible. First Class was a bit of a gem, Fassbender is such a great Magneto.

Batman Vs Superman was terrible. I did like Man of Steel for what it did, but nowhere near a favorite or great movie.

Batman begins was ok, super cheesy if you rewatch, but scarecrow has always been my fav villain and Cillian Murphy is just a marvel to watch. Honestly, I friggin loved Dark Knight Rises. Always loved Bane.

I guess Civil War would be my top pick. I can't really think of many negatives around that one, and it's really the only one I've rewatched a few times.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8