7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Well, even another expansion is a couple more years, and if next expansion deals with N'Zoth, they could do the Void Lords for the following one and get two more years. That still gives World of Warcraft a decently long life (outside of the classic MMOs that are still around, but those have mostly been on life support for years anyway). It's all about the Chronicle though, which painted the Void as the ultimate final villain and as a battle we simply cannot avoid at this point.
    We took 6 expansion to seal Sargeras (but not kill him)... and in this moment no one on Azeroth is aware about N'zoth or even the Void Lord existens... So, even IF we kill N'zoth in the next expansion, doesn't mean we leave Azeroth again to face a Void Lord that no one knows what and where is.

Blizzard need some times to develope Void Lord figure as a great menace, bigger that Sargeras and the Burning Lergion. With that was easy, thank to Warcraft eritage but this, is something totally new...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Look. I think you may be quite deluded as to how valuable your own opinion is.
    Me being delusional is implied, but I've never said my opinion worth something. Its a discussion board, we're discussing things.

WoD was a failure. An outside party who has no investment in MMOs or games in general would look at WoD and label it a complete and utter failure in terms of - content, story, gameplay, setting etc. Just about every category it failed.
    Right, people who have nothing to do with MMOs somehow credible to judge it?

Get my point yet?
    No I don't really. In the first 24 hours WoD has sold 3.3 million copies with number of subscriptions going up above 10 millions. Oh well, if only all failures in the world were that good. Comparing WoD sales and following subscription numbers to WoW earliest days is like the most retarded thing to do ever.

Do you forget Blizzard stopped reporting on sub numbers entirely during WoD? I mean, if you were looking for proof?
    Because subscription numbers is the first thing you check before playing new game? Them stopping reporting their subscription numbers have more to do with stock markets than with average Joe playing their game. It doesn't prove that they had to urgently announce something to remedy their 'failure'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Hasn't the WoW team also transitioned to a new system from the old one they were using. I remember a interview where they were the only team in Blizzard using that old system. I can't think of the name. I'm sure Marla may remember if he wants to chime in.
    There's several things you can be referring to, but you probably mean the CASC filesystem. Pretty huge change indeed, biggest backend change WoW has ever seen. I'm expecting some changes in 8.0 relating to other systems, but we'll see if any more hints pop up before I speculate more on those.

8.0 will also challenge dataminers a bit more as they've been taking out more and more filenames every major patch which makes it a bit harder for us, 8.0 will probably continue with this trend. For example, we wouldn't have found those Kul Tiras items if it weren't for the icons still having filenames. If those filenames were to go away (which is unlikely, but still) we wouldn't have known it was even Kul Tiras related and might not have picked up on it at all. The datamining community is coming together in this regard though (even rivals!), sharing filenames with each other and developing tools to guess filenames. It's pretty neat and I can ramble on for years but I should probably go sleep.

I scratched my posterior... also, in the morning, I'm having pancakes for breakfast. Umm... !

The hype train needs some fuel!!!

You claim subscription numbers is not a good indication of quality yet you refer to initial sales as a good metric? At this point you must be trolling.
    You clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say here. Let me try again. Whether you and I consider WoD a failure or not, money alone from initial sales and at least couple months of subscription is enough to fund the creation of a new MMO game from scratch. So, WoD performance has nothing to do with Blizzard announcing Legion at Gamescom. There is literally no proof of that. You just like this idea because it sounds somewhat logical, but for all you know Blizzard could have planned that announcement all along.

Yes they admitted having some problems. But they probably can tell these stories about each and every expansion. Some have bigger issues like WoD.

When I was younger I could run faster and longer. These day I prefer not to run at all, unless my life depends on it. Should I consider myself a failure then? Maybe dig my own grave and lie in it? I mean whats the point if I can't run as I used to? Same with Blizzard. Their sales and subscriptions numbers for WoD might not have been as good as some suits in management expected, but they don't need to be. They have Heartstone, SCII, DIII, Overwatch now. All these games combined bring them enough money so they can took a hit or two along the way. And they're definitely not desperate to announce their expansions sooner just because their sales dropped. Which was the main point of this discussion.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-07-13 at 02:33 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath remake with the HotS devs fucking it up this time.

Patch 8.0 Challenge: Easter Egg Hunt

I'm scouting Azsuna for signs of Kul Tiras.

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment, we have the following:

a) Tirasian armor from quest rewards at Shackle's Den.

P.S. Also, if I had to take a guess, Azsuna, the Eye of Azshara, and Stormheim are the best locations to find an Easter Egg.

Was WoD dogshit? Yes.
    um. no. It was okay. Look I can see you don't like me very much, so I cut it short - regardless of your opinion on that you still don't know shit and can't prove that Blizzard did it because you didn't like WoD. Having a fanclub around here isn't proving anything either.

Has anyone seen these yet?

My guess is Blizzard is seeding a sub-race of void-touched elves with Alleria as the racial leader. *Tinfoil hat*

Source: Handclaw from SOL

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    We're not getting a South Seas expansion; we're getting a retconned Kul Tiras that's coupled with the surrounding isles of Baradin Bay. Also, Zandalar and Kezan are too important to merely be "zones" in an expansion (they'll be featured in their own expansion settings).
    This would be the lamest and shittiest thing they could ever do. And the first time they'd give me (and alot of people) a reason to unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    maybe 6 years from now (in 3 expansions from now) but let's be honest, most of us are probably not going to be around then.
    You severely underestimate WoW fans. As long as this game exists in some shape and form, we'll be back no matter how many times we quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosez View Post
    You severely underestimate WoW fans. As long as this game exists in some shape and form, we'll be back no matter how many times we quit.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosez View Post
    The truth has been spoken. Also, good morning everybody! Still nothing groundbreaking I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The truth has been spoken. Also, good morning everybody! Still nothing groundbreaking I guess?
    Nope! Nothing new :C Not even a hint in the new goods
    They gave us the tip (Kul tiras clothing) but nothing more after that

- - - Updated - - -

You have to agree with him though.

Blizzard loves a "Continent" expansion with Zones. We will likely get Kul Tiras as a continent with some zones that were in the lore and some made up ones to boot.

What we should be getting is a South Seas expansion with boats and Islands as "Zones". I just don't see it happening with how lazy Blizzard is.
    Idk, I feel like players and devs alike have all wanted an expansion where you use ships to travel between zones, this is something they can finally do now if the next expansion is Kul Tiras related.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-07-13 at 11:18 AM.

Nope! Nothing new :C Not even a hint in the Blizzcon goods
    They gave us the tip (Kul tiras clothing) but nothing more after that
    If only they could tweet Gamescom schedule a little earlier this year...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If only they could tweet Gamescom schedule a little earlier this year...
    If anything, it'll be later this year. I believe Gamescom is late August this year compared to early August 2 years ago.

28th or 29th of July was when we heard they would be announcing their expac at blizzcon back then.
    So if they're revealing it at gamescom, then I would assume we'll hear about it early August.

They can't talk about the pre-patch without announcing an expansion and I highly doubt they go there to talk about 7.3 which they've already talked so much about.
    That would just refresh people's memories, not bring anything new to the table. I don't think that'll happen.

If anything, it'll be later this year. I believe Gamescom is late August this year compared to early August 2 years ago.

28th or 29th of July was when we heard they would be announcing their expac at blizzcon back then.
    So if they're revealing it at gamescom, then I would assume we'll hear about it early August.

They can't talk about the pre-patch without announcing an expansion and I highly doubt they go there to talk about 7.3 which they've already talked so much about.
    That would just refresh people's memories, not bring anything new to the table. I don't think that'll happen.
    Yeah I know, I was saying a few posts ago they probably will publish it around August the 15th as Gamescom starts on the 22th. What I meant is that if they could publish the schedule before the 15th of August, it would be sweet!

I completely agree with you, I doubt they'll talk about 7.3. With it being on the PTR and being datamined, we know most of it already. It would be wasting a one hour panel. Expansion announcement incoming wooot wooooooot!

It would be wasting a one hour panel. Expansion
    sounds like blizzard, throw in a Q&A where they answer question like "will my bear cub pet get a fox buddy thats green in the next expansion??" and ur set 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    sounds like blizzard, throw in a Q&A where they answer question like "will my bear cub pet get a fox buddy thats green in the next expansion??" and ur set 4 lyfe
    I almost just spit my coffee. Thanks for the laugh haha!

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to add a little thing, Crendor made a video with Nobbel talking a little bit about Kul'Tiras known lore and possible interpretations about the PTR hints, in case anyone wants to hear about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Akq8znlmw
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.