Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh and we can do this on social media and get them kids to just say "No". I can see it now!

This fucking dip shit Sessions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Also, it doesn't have to be DARE, but any education on drugs and teaching young folks not to do them can't hurt? Or do you disagree?
    Sure, but that's not what this idiot is wanting.

And it certainly can hurt if your "education" is obvious bullshit that leads every thinking person to disregard everything else you say, which is a succinct description of what DARE was.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I remember the D.A.R.E. program from when I was younger. It was an absolute joke and completely ineffective. If anything, it turned more kids onto drugs than off of them. Jeff Sessions truly is a relic of the 20th century.
    I remember the D.A.R.E. program from when I was younger. It was very helpful. It turned me completely off to drugs and alcohol. Im 30 years old haven't had a sip of alcohol or touched any drugs, hell i dont even use over the counter drugs anymore. If i get sick i can sleep it off in a day or 2 no problem. My immune system rocks.

I learned which ones I was interested in and which ones I werent. As in drugs. Was a good screening program.

half the kid whom showed up to these classes were stoned.....i know from experience. 80's rock!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how seriously I could take Ernie the Keebler Elf telling the youth of America that drugs are bad.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Are they going to revive it with the same exact tactics and curriculum as the early 90s? Or do you possibly think they will update it for todays culture?
    Updating it to reflect culture is really just putting a new paint of coat on a bad product. No, the approach itself is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Ahh the old Drugs Are Really Evil. Don't remember it but never did drugs so maybe it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the same guy that is against sex education and voted against the funding for it? Seems slightly hypocritical.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Maybe we should fix the prescription painkillers issue we have first, maybe make a DARE program for doctors not to hand them out like candy along with big pharma incentivising it.

I'd just like to remind everyone that illegal narcotics are a relic of the Prohibition era.

It didn't work on alcohol and yet somehow we persist in the notion that it can for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and 30 years later your body has the last laugh as your dying from cancer. the effects of cigerettes are documented and extensive. drugs cause extensive damage to your body.
    And yet cigarettes are legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Why is he focusing so much on weed when the drug problem in the US is from prescription drugs? A problem that largely arises from for profit healthcare and massive over prescription of medication.

My mom had a different idea rather than the DARE program, she simply said "if i find out you've done drugs before you are 18, i'll chop your fingers off" however she also said "but if you dont do drugs till you are at least 18, i'll give you a reward of $5000.00"
    aside from the slightly threatening message above, it worked. I tried pot a few times after 18 but didn't become addicted. I believe the real reason I didn't because i wanted that free 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    D.A.R.E was a failure on all fronts.
    Actually, it wasn't. Just because something is corny/lame, doesn't mean it didn't have an affect. In fact it had a pretty big effect for the most part of the program, still corny af tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd just like to remind everyone that illegal narcotics are a relic of the Prohibition era.

It didn't work on alcohol and yet somehow we persist in the notion that it can for drugs.

And yet cigarettes are legal.
    No idea why Governments aren't on the marijuana tax hype train.

Probably because of an incredible amount of lobbying from tobacco producers.

How out of touch can you possibly be?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    https://www.livescience.com/33795-effective.html

Didn't work. Sorry. Believe what you want but many, many studies have been done on the effectiveness of the program. It was a massive failure. The only positive effect was an increase in positive perception towards law enforcement.
    Well, that certainly is something which could be useful for today. Bring it back if it just does that. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasin school when DARE was at it's height. It was an awful program. Useless, a waste of money, time, and .. just a waste. I think I still have some DARE pencils.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Are they going to revive it with the same exact tactics and curriculum as the early 90s? Or do you possibly think they will update it for todays culture?

My opinion of "more drug awareness and training for people is good" isn't true? What an odd time to be alive I guess.

True. But that was then. I would assume they update the format to tackle todays issues? Also, it doesn't have to be DARE, but any education on drugs and teaching young folks not to do them can't hurt? Or do you disagree?
    If they wanted to do something different they shouldn't have started by calling it DARE. They should instead commission a study on what can be done to help reduce teen drug use. They're putting the cart before the horse just to look like their leaning forward and getting things done. The government shouldn't be fumbling around in the dark taking stabs at different programs hoping they will work. In a modern scientific world that is not the way things are done.

Sessions is a total fucking moron.