Curious question for new alts.

If I make an alt and reach 110 lets say through just pvp. Will I be hindered due to not having the pillars of creation or having any reps at all?

Deleted
    No, you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by devonadams20 View Post
    If I make an alt and reach 110 lets say through just pvp. Will I be hindered due to not having the pillars of creation or having any reps at all?
    No, doesn't matter. But you're missing all of your Suramar progress (except you still can enter Arkus and Court of Stars).

Funnily enough, I've been doing Suramar on Alts lately. Being able to gift AK40, there's so much AP to be had in Suramar. Found it quite efficient tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you've unlocked world quests on one character, no.

Sounds like a complete waste of time but you shouldn't be hindered. You will miss some world quests but as long as you only want to PvP, you'll be fine.

Your order hall quests and weapon progress will still have to be done. As far as the pillars go you don't need to do anything with them if you don't want. Before you hit 110 it is smart to catch up your followers and do you 108 follower quests so you can quickly do the 110 follower quests and get your 3rd relic right away rather then being stuck behind 30 quests without getting xp from them or having things you have to do pay you out more then once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Funnily enough, I've been doing Suramar on Alts lately. Being able to gift AK40, there's so much AP to be had in Suramar. Found it quite efficient tbh.
    Enormous amounts of AP there. Also if you want to unlock the balance of power wpn skins you need to do them all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and no. If you don't wish for certain things, then no. You can be a raider or PvP'er without pillars and rep. But you sign off from advantages, such as easy AP and All-class-Ankh
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There's a way to get the 3rd relic slot without completing the Valsh questline? I wasn't aware of any way, and would think that leveling by only pvp would be a huge setback in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But you sign off from advantages, such as easy AP and All-class-Ankh
    Wait, there is an ankh? How do I get it?

Btw, I level alts only with invasions and it's awesome since I can fly and don't need flightpath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    End of Suramar storyline. Yes, at the END of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    There's a way to get the 3rd relic slot without completing the Valsh questline? I wasn't aware of any way, and would think that leveling by only pvp would be a huge setback in that regard.
    The third slot has nothing to do with zone progress. It's your class hall campaign that gives you that. If your class campaign happens to include some Val progress, then that's that.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-07-12 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Can you post a link to the item? I completed the Suramar campaign, and I don't remember anything about an ankh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

The third slot has nothing to do with zone progress. It's your class hall campaign that gives you that. If your class campaign happens to include some Val progress, then that's that.
    I've never had it open up on any character / class without completing valsh through the ysera part, tried to see if I could skip it on 2 chars and had to go back and do it at 110, right after which the order hall quests popped up. However though, after those 2 chars I've just done it first thing as part of lvl'ing so idk really if it was a necessity or not. What classes have you leveled that didn't have to? I'm pretty much set at this point, I only don't have a Paladin and druid at 110, but am curious on which chars I wasted time and could have skipped it on (and hoping that maybe pally and/or druid are on that list!)

- - - Updated - - -

it's always after turning in the seed thing back in dal that seems to be what triggers the class campaign quests.

It's worth noting that you should do the initial quest with Thalyssra if you ever plan on turning in Nightfallen emissaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I've never had it open up on any character / class without completing valsh through the ysera part, tried to see if I could skip it on 2 chars and had to go back and do it at 110, right after which the order hall quests popped up. However though, after those 2 chars I've just done it first thing as part of lvl'ing so idk really if it was a necessity or not. What classes have you leveled that didn't have to? I'm pretty much set at this point, I only don't have a Paladin and druid at 110, but am curious on which chars I wasted time and could have skipped it on (and hoping that maybe pally and/or druid are on that list!)
    You do realize that the "order hall" quest you're talking about doesn't lead to anything else but the useless "how cool was illidan" storyline that awards few by current standards low ilvl pieces of gear and nothing else?

If you have a quest "recover tears of elune from valsharah" that's the intro to illidan questline and requires about 90% of valsharah.

If you have a quest "aid Senegos in Azsuna" that's balance of power and requires you to do about ~30% of Azsuna. It will later on require Court of Farondis revered, Nightfallen revered and Moon Guard sub-quest from Suramar.

None of the above are necessary for 3rd relic slot, class champions or class mount.

I have all 12 classes with 3rd relic slot and majority of them sit with these 2 above still in the questlog because I can't be bothered (I think I did Illidan story once and Balance of Power 3 times because skins were cool, rest of the chars I don't see any need).

About the self-rez it's this spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=233377/gaze-of-amanthul
    Tbh I don't die anywhere as often to justify spending days grinding through this questline on alts. Did it once on main, saw the story, not gonna bother again. Unless you play on a pvp server, not sure how would you die on a regular basis in outdoors.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-07-13 at 03:28 AM.

I left Light's Heart completely untouched on both my DH and my Warrior while leveling/completing the class hall. It's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Can you post a link to the item? I completed the Suramar campaign, and I don't remember anything about an ankh.
    It's when you get the Eye of Aman'thul after completing the Suramar campaign, and then getting the quest to kill Gul'dan.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=45420/the-eye-of-amanthul

Specifically look at the reward.