Tier 19 4 piece not working? - Havoc

So as it states a guild mate of mine is running the 4 piece and yet his crit chance is only running about 44% crit with the 4 piece for chaos strike. When i ran it two weeks ago i constantly get 52%+ and he is doing just as many casts as I was of it. He has one fight were he did 53% but his normal crit is 44% i have never expierenced this and so out of 8 bosses 1 was where it should be and the other was way below. any ideas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    So as it states a guild mate of mine is running the 4 piece and yet his crit chance is only running about 44% crit with the 4 piece for chaos strike. When i ran it two weeks ago i constantly get 52%+ and he is doing just as many casts as I was of it. He has one fight were he did 53% but his normal crit is 44% i have never expierenced this and so out of 8 bosses 1 was where it should be and the other was way below. any ideas
    Do you know how crit works? It's RNG, you are having a bad streak.

As the guy above suggested, it's probably bad luck. Just try it for 10 - 15 min on a dummy and you should have enough casts to see if it works.

I also noticed a low crit% last night and did as you suggested -- about 15 minutes beating on a dummy. I ended up with 52% crit on chaos strike / annihilation, as compared to my character sheet's 49% (including eye of command being stacked). Certainly seems like something is broken to me.

Raid bosses baseline reduce crit chance by 5%
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Raid bosses baseline reduce crit chance by 5%
    No, they don't. Crit suppression was removed in Legion, and prior to Legion it was reduced by 3% against mobs 3 levels higher.

It's RNG, I remember in T19 having pulls with 30% crit chance on Anni/CS despite having a sheet of 52% crit and having a crit proc, back when it was +10%, meaning my effective crit chance was somewhere closer to 70% for long periods of time but 62% base. It's incredibly annoying but it happens. Welcome to DH. I wish they'd implement the same kind of variance leveling they've done with the cloak. Every 30 attacks or something, you're guaranteed N crits based on your crit (50% = 15), a fraction is a roll, so a 50.5% crit chance means one of the 15 rolls will have a 50% chance to crit. They could tune that up so the variance is at the desired place, but having a variance of 80-90% crit vs 20-30% crit is a bit too extreme when it can happen regularly on a 3-5 minute fight.