10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Ill admit 4 sec average was off from the realistic 6 sec average, but to say that is much more of an overstatement from "no defensive bonus" is like getting confused from which two tones is black and grey
    The difference is that "zero defensive bonus" is real in a "grey" way. It has no direct defensive bonus for you. Only indirect in form of being stat stick or ability usage manipulation.

Your 4s keg smash on the other hand is completely false and misleading no matter how you put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    He (most likely) means if it is possible to see from logs how much your 4pc alone removed damage in total.
    Yes, this.

Also, the shoulders offer a bit of defensive gain in the form of not losing a single moment of Keg Smash cooldown to any global overlap. If you run it dry at 0 charges, and Keg Smash happens to come up with .1 or .9 seconds left on the GCD, there's no wasted cooldown since the second charge begins recharging.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-07-13 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Ill admit 4 sec average was off from the realistic 6 sec average, but to say that is much more of an overstatement from "no defensive bonus" is like getting confused from which two tones is black and grey
    No, just no.
    The shoulders in no way, shape or form reduce the cooldown of Key Smash. it might increase your total number of casts during a fight if you play sloppy but stopping you from wasting times there it is off cooldown but it has zero(0) effect on cooldown.

its defensive benefit is near 0 unless your playing sloppy to begin with.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No, just no.
    The shoulders in no way, shape or form reduce the cooldown of Key Smash. it might increase your total number of casts during a fight if you play sloppy but stopping you from wasting times there it is off cooldown but it has zero(0) effect on cooldown.

its defensive benefit is near 0 unless your playing sloppy to begin with.
    Unless you've got the movement patterns of a caesium atom, are perfection incarnate, and are playing in the Blizzard server room at 0 ms, it's a gain in the number of Kegs per attempt. This has nothing to do with reducing the cooldown, though.

Well, if you're a Training Dummy Raider then yes, you will not play "sloppy". It's absolutely understandable that you lose some time on keg smash here and there. It's ESPECIALLY normal on new fights where you didn't perfect the mechanics yet. We're no robots and even the top players can still fuck up sometimes. You don't need to be an elitist here. And I'm not even talking about bosses with downtimes like Kiljaeden where you can double keg him when he is flying over you (for extra purify on meteor soaking) or Avatar/Maiden movements.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-07-13 at 01:06 PM.

Shoulder give you a defensive bonus in the aspect that they let you slightly go back to how we used to do, where you can bank up a lot of resources (full brews, BoB, and an extra keg smash) to be ready for extended phases of purifying.

Also, it is nice on things like maiden, avatar, KJ, Inquisition, and dungeons where you have downtime to stack up the extra Keg smash. This is definitely not as significant of a defensive benefit as either ring or the belt or even bracers, but it is a non-zero defensive benefit with the strongest offensive benefit available.

Shoulders are more like "minimal" defensive benefit instead of "ZERO". 95% geared for pure offense though.

Chest, Stagger ring, Shoulders and Archimode are the ones i use the most by far and I feel like you can wear any combo of these four and be set for just about any scenario. Archimode does need some planning for maximum effect though, and it's effect is not quite as game changing as the other 3 so I think its a bit weaker than the other 3 but still better than the other legendaries.
    Last edited by dirtybrew; 2017-07-13 at 09:17 PM.

I love the trinket. It is the most "hybrid" of our legendaries, in that it is decent defensively and offensively (no other legendary is as balanced). We also just don't have many trinkets that are hybrids, either. It also has a TON of agility in a slot that often doesn't have any. It's a crazy strong stat stick even without the active, and the active gives us a great minor cd that really adds that extra cd next to dampen harm and fortifying brew. It's our most general purpose legendary now, so unless a fight is crazy difficult defensively and i need both the stagger ring and the wrists, I'll use the trinket 99% of the time.

Deleted
    been getting 930-955 gear but with loads of haste. I can break 33% no problem for a 6 second KS cooldown.

is there an interesting build to be done with LB + EB for frequent purifies to keep the dodge/damage buff up? I suppose the rotation would be KS > BoS > TP > BoF > BoS > KS .... which also makes TP relics less interesting....

What is our best secondary stat for pure dps?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What is our best secondary stat for pure dps?
    i believe its crit.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i believe its crit.
    Thought so too, thanks.

Deleted
    Depends. Haste if you are significantly below the 14.15% breakpoint and haven't got the shoulders. After that crit/vers depending on how much you have of either. Mastery only if it is significantly behind the other stats.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Depends. Haste if you are significantly below the 14.15% breakpoint and haven't got the shoulders. After that crit/vers depending on how much you have of either. Mastery only if it is significantly behind the other stats.
    Now that Concordance is a thing, crit is almost always better than vers for DPS (outside of some sets with absurd amounts of crit) - with a Vantus rune as well the difference between crit and vers has to be around 25% or so for vers to be better. Mastery is a lot better than you give it credit for - given that BrM has almost no WD-based damage and it has the same conversion as crit, pretty much whichever you have less of will be better.

Whats the max magic stagger we can have? Feel way squishier against magic damage ever since they reduced magic stagger by 10%. Really feel it, On higher keys on tyrannical who do large bursts of magic like the 1st boss in maw, 1st eye boss, 2nd boss in DHT..etc
    Last edited by dirtybrew; 2017-07-19 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Whats the max magic stagger we can have? Feel way squishier against magic damage ever since they reduced magic stagger by 10%. Really feel it, On higher keys on tyrannical who do large bursts of magic like the 1st boss in maw, 1st eye boss, 2nd boss in DHT..etc
    ( 0.4 (base) + 0.35 (isb) + 0.1 (ht) + 0.05 (t19 2p) ) * 0.7 (mv) = 63% magic stagger

You're likely not feeling the magic stagger nerf as much as the scaling changes in M+, the scaling has changed so the step beetween keys is tougher than it used to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    ( 0.4 (base) + 0.35 (isb) + 0.1 (ht) + 0.05 (t19 2p) ) * 0.7 (mv) = 63% magic stagger
    It is 40% stagger for magic instead of 50% (the nerf Dirtybrew mentioned).

So it is 50.4% magic stagger with IsB T194pc MV HT. 56% with Fort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It is 40% stagger for magic instead of 50% (the nerf Dirtybrew mentioned).
    Right, seems this nerf is quite neglible as I even didn't notice it

Is there anyone here who plays both gurdian and brew? How are they fun wise compared to each other? Can't choose