Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Don't you know that esports is gonna be very popular in a few years? - says Blizzard every year since 2008
    And they tried to make a lot of games to enter the scene. Starcraft 2 was their best shot, but fucked that up in the end. Overwatch is just sad and even looks like shit, even though a lot of impressive designers left wow for it.

On topic though, I will definitely watch some m+ competition. Hoping it will be a nice watch

I just never saw the point of running Mythic+ I've done like 3 maybe. All the gear I've gotten is world quests, raids, LFR, and crafting. It works fine for me. Then again I don't push Mythic raids with the guild. Don't see the point in these either. Maybe its just me.

These esports for Mythic seem just for some elite Blizzard circle. Where was the sign ups to get into the tourney? The try-outs? Guess we have to support the Clique?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any kind of sport (even esports) is pitting two or more opposing teams to get a winner.

This isnt esports. Its a GDQ speed run, with the fastest winning a prize. It might be interesting but its defenetly not esports.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man the esports thirst is unquenchable with the WoW team.
    too bad that everything that blizzard touches in regards to esport is ruined

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Then why do the best M+ comps on wowprogress leaderboards have basically all classes represented?
    Because there is no price to it. Therefore, people play with friends. As soon as there is a price on it, people play with the best possible setup. There might be a few teams in that have other combos, but I bet you that the last 8 teams will all have a very very similar setup that consists of at least 1 Demon Hunter and 1 Heal Drood.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I don't know what you mean by big portion, are you just talking about flat numbers or percentages? Cuz the percentage of people enjoying pvp more than pve is very low atm.

And I agree that they can't just make the same M+ event over and over, this one will be interesting cuz it's the first, but unless the race is really tight and they somehow create hype around that, they will need something original and fresh for a second event.
    Well in MoP, Holinka released numbers of it. He basically compared the activity levels of arena games with normal raiding and RBGs with mythic raiding, again, activity wise. It's been years since I've read it though, and obviously a lot can happen over the span of 2 expansions.

I'm not saying that they should focus more on the PvP eSports, the arena/RBG scene would grow naturally if only they didn't fuck PvP players at every opportunity presented to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Because there is no price to it. Therefore, people play with friends. As soon as there is a price on it, people play with the best possible setup. There might be a few teams in that have other combos, but I bet you that the last 8 teams will all have a very very similar setup that consists of at least 1 Demon Hunter and 1 Heal Drood.
    But doesnt Hpala do way more burst damage than Rdruids? You talk as if you know what the only classes work in M+ when in reality it depends on the dungeon and affixes including tyra/fort where one is generally ST focused and the other AOE. Why bring DH when Arms and Frost Mages are miles better on longer ST fights? It isnt as black and white as you may think.

Also there are strategies on some instances that most people dont know about (like the first beacon in the beginning of CoS). The things that i wanna know though is how gear is gonna affect this and what key levels we are running. Big difference between a +10 and a +20

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    ...maybe PvP would get more views if they fixed it kek
    The only way they could "fix" pvp in a way that would attract a greater audience would be to gut all the classes to the most basic level. Nobody scrolling along twitch wants to watch a game that has a class with 5 different CC's which don't have clear visuals when combined with aoe abilities being spammed everywhere and a camera angle that can move in a direction you aren't facing. Better balancing and certain gameplay changes might make the game more enjoyable to the current pvp player base, but will do nothing for exposure.

The QQ in this thread is hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The QQ in this thread is hilarious.
    You mean the internet - otherwise, yeah. *munches on Murlic heads*

Will the gear get capped or will it be a "9/9 mythic players with 935+ are on the inside track" tournament?

I'd be down to see how this goes.