Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Until Tiamat shows up all the dragons are weak.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat...s_%26_Dragons)

Muhahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, for one, Bolvar never called Kyranastrasz "the most powerful dragon ever". He called it "The bones of a dragon most ancient, and powerful beyond reckoning", not "most ancient, and most powerful". Not to mention that Bolvar is, in the end, just an NPC. He can use hyperbole in his speeches or make mistakes just like any others.
    Also "most" in that sense was used as very not to say "the most".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMeadow View Post
    I'd agree with Chromatus. But indeed, I'd believe Deathwing himself when infused with all the additional powers was even beyond him (by a bit). But Deathwing is dead. Chromatus is just inanimate somewhere in an arcane prison in Northrend.

As for active dragons, indeed I'd believe Wrathion.

We cannot forget Wrathion ate Lei Shen's heart which contained both powers of Ra and more importantly of Aman'Thul. I think we can all agree that little whelp, when matured, will surely challenge his father's power.
    You do realize Jaina had the Alliance put the titan power in her staff BEFORE we took the heart to Wrathion right? He got a glimpse of the knowledge, but doubtful any huge power.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I forgot about Chromatus. Still, aspects were able to defeat him. They weren't able to defeat Deathwing without dragon soul. When I add Chromatus into the pool I give him 2nd place. Galakrond 3rd

Deathwing still wins.

We can't say anything about Wrathion. He didn't yet show any power level.
    Personally I would put any of the aspects fully charged, stronger then galakrond. Took 5 protodrakes with intelligence only impressive when you compare it to animals to beat him. I can't see 5 of today's dragons whom I assume I stronger then Porto drakes take on any of the aspects and win. Malygos needed a fleet of reds and alexstraza herself, deathwing needed the dragon soul. Ysera was killed depowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Personally I would put any of the aspects fully charged, stronger then galakrond. Took 5 protodrakes with intelligence only impressive when you compare it to animals to beat him. I can't see 5 of today's dragons whom I assume I stronger then Porto drakes take on any of the aspects and win. Malygos needed a fleet of reds and alexstraza herself, deathwing needed the dragon soul. Ysera was killed depowered.
    Dont forget those 5 dragons fighting Galakrond were the most powerfull of their kind. not ordinary everyday dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Until Tiamat shows up all the dragons are weak.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat...s_%26_Dragons)

Muhahahaha!
    Chromatus is basically Tiamat, so... there's that?

Chromatus and Deathwing were effectively immune to damage. I don't think Galakrond could measure up to a dragon that could synchronize 5 minds, and wield all dragon powers. Chromatus main weakness is that the energies animating him are finite, whereas even as a blasted apart blob of meat, Deathwing continues fighting, until his body is utterly destroyed. The sheer massive corruption within Deathwing, requiring a weapon of such overwhelming power as the Dragon Soul to destroy him, I think places him on top.

Deathwing > Chromatus > Galagrond > Anything else.

As for what made the dragon the DK raises special? It's hard to say. I mean, it was just drake-sized. Perhaps it was a direct child of Alexstrasza with some power or note? Either way, it seems crazy for the DK to go to such trouble for a drake. Especially as any of the dragons slain in the Ruby Sanctum could have been a zombie dragon of practically equal value, if you think about it. Hell, those plains must be full of suitable already-dead dragons from the Nexus War.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-07-13 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Muhahahaha!
    Isn't she the gal that both the Aspects and Chromatus are based off of? What with the five heads and all powerful-ness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Also "most" in that sense was used as very not to say "the most".

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize Jaina had the Alliance put the titan power in her staff BEFORE we took the heart to Wrathion right? He got a glimpse of the knowledge, but doubtful any huge power.
    I was not aware of this, sorry. We'll see then what he really is, pretty soon I'd assume

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The aspects are just dragons. Tiamat is one of D&D's dragon gods (very loosely based on a Mesopotamian deity of the same name) and does bare resemblance to Chromatus but not really to any of the Aspects (and dragons in D&D in general are fairly different from those in WoW)
    I was more referring to the whole five aspects, five heads, each head/aspect represents a different power and color of dragonkind.

Wasn't Chromatus only defeated the way he was because, as an experiment, he wasn't used to his body and so, couldn't fight at full strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Bolvar doesn't know about Galakrond. Not even player character knows I think? (Apart from Shadow Priest)
    Of course Bolvar knows about Galakrond and so does the player, the Scourge were trying to excavate him in Dragonblight before we stopped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wasn't Chromatus only defeated the way he was because, as an experiment, he wasn't used to his body and so, couldn't fight at full strength?
    Sort of. He was clumsy the first time he was faced in battle. But he was maturing really fast. The second time was not comparable. The Dragon Aspects only won because they figured out they were supposed to work together. Aligning their powers released an even greater golden energy and synergy that gave them the edge. But Chromatus was already figuring out a dark twisted version of the same thing. He learns incredibly fast, and already had adult knowledge of many things. Had he been given more than days to live, his potential could have grown even beyond Deathwing, and we could've been living under the dominion of a very evil and hungry rainbow right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Of course Bolvar knows about Galakrond and so does the player, the Scourge were trying to excavate him in Dragonblight before we stopped them.
    I mean.. they (we?) know that he existed. But they don't know the truth about him.

Deleted
    Elvarg is the strongset dragon

Nozdormu beats all the other dragons easily... if he didn't hold back.

its Deathwing > Chromagus > Aspects >>>>>>>> depowered Aspects> Galakrond(seriously Galakrond really isn't that strong, he sturggled to fight against the protoaspects)...... seriously Galakrond doesn't compare to the Aspects...... the Aspects with their Aspect Essence whooped Deathwing's ass to Deepholm...... even Alextrasza's able to stand toe to toe with DW for a short while in Grim Batol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Dont forget those 5 dragons fighting Galakrond were the most powerfull of their kind. not ordinary everyday dragon
    they were simply protodragons back then..... they haven't recieved any titan blessing........ they haven't gotten Aspect boost nor their power over certain domains( time, magic, etc...)......... really even the average dragons of today would destroy the protodrake aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMeadow View Post
    I'd agree with Chromatus. But indeed, I'd believe Deathwing himself when infused with all the additional powers was even beyond him (by a bit). But Deathwing is dead. Chromatus is just inanimate somewhere in an arcane prison in Northrend.

As for active dragons, indeed I'd believe Wrathion.

We cannot forget Wrathion ate Lei Shen's heart which contained both powers of Ra and more importantly of Aman'Thul. I think we can all agree that little whelp, when matured, will surely challenge his father's power.
    well if you're gonna say wrathion is the strongest simply because he ate leishen's heart...... then Kalecgos would destroy him considering Anveena imbued him with the piece of the sunwell's power....... and Wrathion is just a whelp, he'd get manhandled by a full grown dragon or wyrm......
    Last edited by xso111; 2017-07-14 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Bolvar doesn't know about Galakrond. Not even player character knows I think? (Apart from Shadow Priest)
    Well, Arthas was trying to resurrect him, and given how Bolvar has access to some of Arthas' memories he probably has some idea of Galakrond's existence. Alternatively Arthas just found the bones of a giant dragon without know who or what it was and figured "man, this is gonna make one awesome frostwyrm!".