Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The way BT timewalking works atm i just ignore this content.
    I dont raid with a guild, and blizzard made this content now for guilds.

I just hope they remove the name timewalking from it because it has nothing to do with it.
    They should make it black temple normal(level 110)
    Boo hoo.

I don't raid with a guild either. I opened the group finder tool, applied for all groups, got invited into one and did the raid.

The fact that this minimum effort is apparently way too much for you to handle makes it hard for me to sympathize with you as you'd probably be a burden to any group you'd land in.

Dear Lord. I can't stand Sub Max Levels in my Timewalking Dungeons. I would throw a bitch fit if I saw one in the raid. I don't care if you scale. Talents and Artifacts are still there. AND even if it wasn't I still would hate seeing a not max level in the TW'ing events. I don't care how much nostalgia you've got it doesn't excuse the fact you're slowing everyone down. It's even a giant ass waste of time for the not max level person, you get garbage exp, and useless gear that scales to THEIR current level.

No matter how you crack it, it's still a bad experience for everyone involved. I wouldn't stand for a sub max level in a TW'ing Raid. I would even just leave one.

Even if people are requesting 900 ilvl, I can understand it. You want a good run with people who put at least a little bit effort into their class. And 875 now, is no where near what it was when it was considered good, cause set piece, trinkets and proper stats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The way BT timewalking works atm i just ignore this content.
    I dont raid with a guild, and blizzard made this content now for guilds.

I just hope they remove the name timewalking from it because it has nothing to do with it.
    They should make it black temple normal(level 110)
    It's timewalking because it's an undertuned blacktemple, just like any other piece of timewalking content. They maintain all systems except of the required 25 man, but they keep the premade group. Raiding used to be a big social aspect of the game, even if now you can finish raids playing singleplayer.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    /rolleyes

Yes, I'm aware that I can make my own group, and that the leader (as someone else in this thread said) has the *right* to kick whoever they want. That doesn't make this situation any less of an example of a mouthbreather making a stupid decision. And if you're going to lead a group and insist on all 110s, then list it that way, don't invite a duo then kick the one who's not 110 after the fact.
    The only evidence of mouthbreathing here is the guy being pissed at people for excercising their rights, while also acknowledging the solution, as well as the fact that they aren't doing anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Because having proper gear, trinkets, artifacts, set bonuses etc still matters.
    Yes on Artifact and Legiondaries. No on everything else. Having a fuckton of sockets and broken trinkets via old gear from TBC to MoP is what matters in Timewalking.

My Havoc DH got 60% crit in TW gear. 20 x 20 Crit sockets = 400 free stats plus old Meta gem plus old Enchants...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I hope after all the replies you can understand that it is you who is wrong in the situation.

The 92 shaman will be weaker than the 110 with artifact, legendaries, and tier set bonuses. Everyone does have the same ilvl, but only an 110 will have the 3 mentioned.

And added on that, you can't complain for someone not accepting you for any reason. There are no rules on who you must pick in a group. They might not like your name and kick you. Let alone having actual good reasons to not bring you because you will underperform. Them asking for a set ilvl, like 900, means there will be a higher chance that that player will have a strong artifact, and few legendaries and bonuses, in comparison to an 800 player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So let me get this right, you are having a hissyfit over people making their own group and having their own requirements to join/stay?
    For not writing their own requirements in the text box.

I generally write "scale-friendly" for dps and healers. In my experience, you want 110 tanks if you want to progress closer to Illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    Dear Lord. I can't stand Sub Max Levels in my Timewalking Dungeons. I would throw a bitch fit if I saw one in the raid. I don't care if you scale. Talents and Artifacts are still there. AND even if it wasn't I still would hate seeing a not max level in the TW'ing events. I don't care how much nostalgia you've got it doesn't excuse the fact you're slowing everyone down. It's even a giant ass waste of time for the not max level person, you get garbage exp, and useless gear that scales to THEIR current level.

No matter how you crack it, it's still a bad experience for everyone involved. I wouldn't stand for a sub max level in a TW'ing Raid. I would even just leave one.
    Basically this. Players under 110 don't benefit from BT timewalking except for the TW points.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i guess it depends whether people want to "experience " the ocntent or just zerg the f... out of instance get transmog in under 2 hours and never return.
    All honesty... I believe 95%+ of the people want to zerg every aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I was lenient last night when setting up my group and took a few lower ilvl players (sub-880) along with our guildies, all 900+. What a mistake that was. They were doing HALF our dps, wiped a few times, and felt like a slog to go through dragging them around. All it felt like was like a funnel of gear for these guys. Ilvl may not matter, but it's indicative of how you'll perform in the raid whether it's because of your artifact strength, your experience in a raiding scenario, etc. So having said that, I have other shit to do in game. I'm not here to cater to the needs of people feeling entitled without putting any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Yes on Artifact and Legiondaries. No on everything else. Having a fuckton of sockets and broken trinkets via old gear from TBC to MoP is what matters in Timewalking.

My Havoc DH got 60% crit in TW gear. 20 x 20 Crit sockets = 400 free stats plus old Meta gem plus old Enchants...
    This is the same community that pretty much rejected tw min/maxers disappointment when old set bonus were removed a year ago. It doesn't surprise me that bandwagon still does not understand what matters in tw. You can be a sub 110 retired raiding alt that is geared and gemmed optimally that will absolutely outshine a cookie cutter 900 + ilvl player.

I saw this one coming. What's funny is that so many begged for timewalking raids to relive the nostalgia. If you're running it with current gear or not inviting those below 110, you're making it way too easy. As a result, you can't complain that TW BT is too easy because you made it easy. That's like back then only doing BT with those in SW gear. Of course BT is going to be easy if you do that. Try doing it in T4 gear or even T5.

Blizzard should turn off gem sockets in TW content. They already turned off most tier set bonuses. May as well go a step further.

I have to question what's really making BT hard and making groups only want 110s. Are the bosses enraging? Then I'd say you have a DPS problem and maybe you have a point that people should be 110. Or people just don't care and aren't trying. Are people dying? That's likely a mechanic problem and people not doing things right. Either explain the fight or tell people to go watch videos or read a guide. Are mechanics being done but people are still dying? Then maybe the healers aren't doing things right and need to kick it up a bit or you need better healers. Gear (and level) doesn't always matter. It's making sure everyone follows the mechanics. I remember doing Illidan back in the day and his fight was easily a good 10-15 minutes. Maybe people just don't have the patience for long fights anymore so start to get bored and slack off. Considering I remember doing T5 content in season 1 PvP gear and a few bits of T4 and starting BT back when I still had bits of T4, people are putting WAY too much emphasis on gear. This is where skill matters.

Personally, I don't care for timewalking. If I wanted to do it, I'd just go solo it. I find it a waste of resources that should have been spent on other content (like making more WQs so they're not so repetitive). Timewalking is just a way to bash players who either never did that content before and thus suck at it or bash players who don't min/max.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Fangs of the Father Set Bonus Work Just fine in Time Walking dunno what you are talking about
    All Pre-WoD tier set bonuses have been disabled. I guess Fangs still work because it's a legendary and not considered tier

Holy shit, I've been trying to queue for BT with my buddy, who plays a 92 resto shaman and just came back to the game. My friend is a Grand Crusader, raided at high levels in BC, Wrath, and Cata, and people are refusing invites/inviting us both and booting him because he's not level 110 in an instance that scales everyone and their gear down to a static number at level 70. I've also seen a lot of groups requiring ilevel 890/900/etc. /facepalm

How fucking retarded are people in this game these days?
    The way scaling works in this game is by reducing your current stat by a percentage and not removing any talents, traits, or skill you earned between the level you are scaled at and the cap level. Meaning that your friend would do a lot more at 110 than at his current level.

Scaling doesn't put people with fixed stats, that's why when you run your timewalking dungeons and you get 3 DK tanks in a row, none of them have the same HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    BT TW was the biggest waste of 2 hours. 90% trash 10% bosses.
    Why are you complaining, if you want the sightseeing experience, do the BT lv 70.

How fucking retarded are people in this game these days?
    Do you really need to ask this?

I love how this thread pops every couple of days.

"People are mean on the group finder tool!

Just make your own group and invite whoever you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    No matter the reason, if I created the group, I have the right to invite and/or remove anyone I see fit.

If you want your buddy to come, make your own group and protect his right to stay.

It's really that simple.
    It doesn't make you not an idiot. That's the point of the thread. People who do what the OP said are imbeciles just like the ones requiring 920 in normal Tomb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Scales =/= you perform at the optimal levels for your class.

Artifact traits, tier bonuses, trinkets and so on... I can definitely see why people want to use the few parameters available to ensure a smooth run now that the feature is so new.
    You could always just put together your own group, and allow all level 70-110 to join regardless of gear. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more threads like this one in the days to come...

I'd be quite interested in seeing how an all 70 raid would cope in there.
    It's easier than the original although death producing mechanics are relatively the same. An all 70 raid of people who were competent could clear it just as easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is titanforge working on this BT loot?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I love how this thread pops every couple of days.

"People are mean on the group finder tool!

Just make your own group and invite whoever you want?
    Yet again, it's pointing out that they are stupid, not mean. Mean would be "you're wearing purple, you can't sit with us" whereas requiring an ilvl for something that scales you down is stupid. Who cares that you can still make your own group, they are idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Is titanforge working on this BT loot?
    I was wondering the same thing considering I think at least wf happens in regular TW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The way scaling works in this game is by reducing your current stat by a percentage and not removing any talents, traits, or skill you earned between the level you are scaled at and the cap level. Meaning that your friend would do a lot more at 110 than at his current level.

Scaling doesn't put people with fixed stats, that's why when you run your timewalking dungeons and you get 3 DK tanks in a row, none of them have the same HP.
    The only thing different with his friend is he's missing a couple talents and the artifact. Otherwise gear ends up about the same. The percent is not a set value you're reduced by. It literally reduces each piece to a set ilvl. Some items tend to be overbudget or have sockets which explains the hp difference. Current ilvl has 0 impact on your stats in TW.