Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Battle in the Med. Far right group sends boat to stop migrant boats from Libyia

Should be interesting & I respect this group for finally taking action.

Europe (especially Italy), is getting inundated by migrant boats from Africa.

Italy is requesting help from the rest of Europe in taking some of the African migrants, but I have not heard
    if the rest of Europe is helping Italy. Good time for Britain to Brexit.

Now a boat crewed by young (so called), Far right wingers have taken to the Mediterranean in an attempt to turn back the migrant boats
    and taking on the dozen or so humanitarian organisations who pluck desperate asylum seekers from sinking boats and dinghies.

I say good on this group. They cannot let Europe be overrun & at the same time have the lives of migrants risking their lives in the Med.

I still remember Qaddafi in 2011 saying: If I Go Down, You will be Flooded with “Millions of Blacks”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...d=tmg_share_fb

Defend Europe intends to launch a vigilante-style mission off the coast of Libya, blocking migrants and taking on the dozen or so humanitarian organisations who pluck desperate asylum seekers from sinking boats and dinghies.

More than 85,000 migrants, most of them sub-Saharan Africans, have been rescued and brought to Italy this year, with fears that the total could reach 200,000 by December. More than 2,000 have died during the crossing.

The far-Right and anti-Muslim group is made up of young people from France, Germany, Italy and Austria and has been described as the European equivalent of America’s alt-right movement.

Deleted
    Wait. You're saying "good on them for making sure people drown and die"?

Deleted
    Absolutely pathetic.

Deleted
    People shouldn't die in the sea. Whether you send them back or let them stay afterwards is something that can be sorted out without letting humans drown.

The alt-retards are grim.

As for you brexit comment. Britian is going for face mass uncontrolled emmigration.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-07-13 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    What I am saying is Europe has to do more in discouraging African Migrants from risking their lives in leaky boats
    and crossing the Med.

There needs to be a bit of a deterrence from making the crossing..

You must be pleased that 2000 people crossing the Med have died so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well at least someone out there is doing something.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The government should be turning boat people back or imprisoning them for deportation so I understand their need for action. It's not much but at least someone is doing something even if it's on too small a scale to stop the invasion. The reaction to it is predictable as it is ignorant, of course.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

The far-Right and anti-Muslim group is made up of young people from France, Germany, Italy and Austria and has been described as the European equivalent of America’s alt-right movement.

glad to see, you still squirm like a worm. someone should take care of you with a double barreled shotgun. seems europe needs another round of chemo-therapy

I'm definitely not for open immigration, but I don't approve of this action. No one deserves to drown like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Boats need to be turned around italy got huge incoming even our most liberal immigrant lovers in Norway is saying its people without protection need it says alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Nice to see someone doing something about those people. Is there any way to donate to this group?

Well Italy is pleading to the rest of its European mates, to to take some of the migrants..

It appears Italy is being ignored..

Sounds like the rest of Europe is giving the big finger to Italy.

http://time.com/4850999/italy-europe...me-ports-ngos/

Since the beginning of June, 15,000 migrants reached Italian shores. Roughly 85,000 have landed so far this year, according to the U.N, a 19% increase from this point last year, and versus only 9,395 total arrivals in Greece. Italian officials fear the final toll of incoming migrants will be higher than last year's total of 181,436.

After the closure of the Balkan route last summer thanks to an agreement between the E.U. and Turkey, the bulk of migrant flows, mainly from Sub-Saharan Africa, has shifted to Italy — and the country is struggling to cope. Amid non-stop arrivals and overflowing migrant camps, Italy is pleading with its European neighbors to help.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point is to stop them dying in shitty bots.

If the boats are turned back to Africa then word will spread that people smugglers can't help you and people wouldn't spend their life's savings to make the journey if they would just be turned back anyway.

The only reason so many are drowning is because these rescue organisations are sending the message that they will be saved and brought to Europe.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I too love letting people drown.

Shouldn't the people be saved and then brought back to Libya instead of letting them drown? Or does Libya not want them to come back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Nice to see someone doing something about those people. Is there any way to donate to this group?
    your mom is already taking care of them, 5dollars each

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-13 at 07:33 PM.

So you condone acts of piracy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Shouldn't the people be saved and then brought back to Libya instead of letting them drown? Or does Libya not want them to come back?
    They're not Libyan nationals, so Libya is not obligated to "take them back".
    Ideally, some deal should be struck with several of the Maghreb countries. But the political climate is anything but favorable to cooperation.

In the meanwhile, measures seem to not be working towards any goal.
    Italy for instance is asking for help that the EU is reluctant to provide. Their reluctance is cemented on domestic politics: many countries, individually, have decided they don't like refugees or migrants, and accepting some of that burden is counter to their narrative. And the EU is making numbers, as usual, and mobilizing patrols to do whatever is expensive. So, on that front, we're back to the dreaded quotas which nobody wants.
    Simultaneously, Italy is opening detention centers to have the immigrants behind bars while they arrange the deportation of the ~50% they can identify. Upholding their legislation, I guess, since releasing them might let them "escape" to other EU countries. But also creating a major bottleneck, as they need to have those people detained for a time while they investigate. They're essentially increasing their own burden.

There's no easy solution to this mess. And imbeciles of all kinds are using a humanitarian tragedy for their own purposes. These people in OP are nominally concerned about people drowning. But act out of the typical existential dread: they're invading us... ahhhh!. Which, to me, is frankly pathetic and pitiable.

Deleted
    The EU should just occupy the entire North African coast (like in Roman times) to prevent people from even risking their lives trying to cross the sea.

They should be out there rescuing them from sinking boats and dinghies, and sailing them back to North Africa.