Poll: What is the best superhero movie of all time?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They're all good movies, Bront.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    GotG 2 doesn't live up to 1's lofty standard. Can you tell me the point of the gold people? Also the fatherly stuff with kurt russell had more potential than they used and felt rushed imo. The ravager stuff was its only saving grace and thats saying a lot with star lord and rocket on board
    "I think I'll name him ... Adam."

IE: Adam Warlock, who is intrinsically tied to the Infinity Gauntlet storyline
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They're going to be VERY important VERY soon...

Especially Adam, the guy she created in the post credit scene.
    So more world building for future films. Takes away from the standalone film

10+ Year Old Account
    So more world building for future films. Takes away from the standalone film
    It's called Universe Building and it's the core of the MCU... Not to mention that the gold people were used as a plot device to get the ball rolling in this film and set up the whole meeting between the Guardians and Ego.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Watchmen and Logan are the best imo.

I love Zack Snyder. His movies (Watchmen, Man of Steel and BvS) left much bigger impact on me than Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nolan too. Interstellar, Inception, Prestige, Memento, Batman trilogy, all amazing movies.

Logan is very different, and much more than a standard superhero movie. There are elements there that never show up in superhero movies, combined with some oscar level performances.

Of all time? That's lofty ... there's to many variables. Both TDK and Logan are great by themselves but both have flaws too .. as well as being very different to different fan bases. Example: I hates the actress who played Rachel in TDK ... I felt Logan had a lot of slow moments but that didn't make me appreciate either of them less.. I just don't know if any one example would define the "G.O.A.T." superhero movie.. For Polls sake, I'd say TDK pulls ahead if just because the rest of the cast (minus Rachel) were wonderful .. not that Logan didn't have a good cast (I love me some Hugh and Patrick) but as a whole, TDK delivered. I don't think either though, can hold the trophy in the wide spectrum.. I don't really have a nominee for it either, there's so many good/great flicks.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's called Universe Building and it's the core of the MCU... Not to mention that the gold people were used as a plot device to get the ball rolling in this film and set up the whole meeting between the Guardians and Ego.
    it was part of rockets story with his low self worth and stealing the battery. But as you say it was just a plot device. And a big reason why I dont think gotg2 can be called a top tier hero film.

Ego would have found peter regardless because he heard of a human that touched the gem stone and survived

Civil war sets up future films and still manages to be a cohesive story without filler.

Also world build/universe building its the same thing dont be pedantic.

Another big scene that put me off was when peter meets ego on his planet for the first time, and he starts creating a light orb, then casually throughout the converstation he starts tossing the ball to peter, like playing catch with your dad. Then they have to make it slow mo and start doing it like a baseball throw to make it super obvious encase you missed the point. Could have been great with more feels
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-07-13 at 02:15 AM.

@RobertoCarlos Spoilers, geez.

Here's my ranking of what I consider the top 10 superhero movies:

1) The Dark Knight

2) Batman Begins

3) X-Men: Days of Future Past

4) Guardians of the Galaxy

5) The Dark Knight Rises

6) The LEGO Batman Movie

7) Deadpool

8) Logan

9) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

10) X-Men 2

The Dark Knight is the only one I've given 10/10, and while Logan is certainly a great movie, I don't think it's very close to The Dark Knight's level.

how do you do spoiler tags

Logan blows Dark Knight out of the fucking water.

As someone who's read Batman for over 25 fucking years, I completely fail to get the love for Ledger's Joker. And Batman, one of the greatest fighters in the world in the comics, looked like *I* could give him a run for his money, much less Logan, or Blade, or John Wick, or Jason Bourne, or any character ever played by Donnie Yen, or the dudes from The Raid...

As for best superhero movie of all time, I'm undecided. Avengers has a shot, Winter Soldier has a shot, Logan is high up there though I doubt it'd be the very top for me...

The Dark Knight may be flawed (Batman isn't interesting, Gotham doesn't look like Gotham, and a few plotholes), but it's still a very complex and memorable film. You discover new things every time you watch it again.

Logan is a fun, dark blockbuster. And while the dark part may be new to the MCU, it's not really groundbreaking. Nothing really wrong with it, but I didn't find it too impressive.

The Black Knight beats all of them....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Logan but The Dark Knight is the perfect super hero movie, and I say this as a long time Marvel fan.

I think I remember giving The Dark Knight a 10/10 score back in the day, and I rarely throw around 10/10 scores. Logan I gave a 9/10. My review is on these forums.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    TDK by far, but they're 2 completely different movies, so I don't see a point in comparing them.

It's like comparing The Shining with It Follows ... sure both have horror elements but they're 2 completely different type of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

I guess Civil War would be my top pick. I can't really think of many negatives around that one, and it's really the only one I've rewatched a few times.
    I can think of one.

That Baron Zemo that could be literally ANYBODY.

Change his name to John Doe and it wouldn't have any impact whatsoever, given Zemo's character was completely null in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post

As someone who's read Batman for over 25 fucking years, I completely fail to get the love for Ledger's Joker. And Batman, one of the greatest fighters in the world in the comics, looked like *I* could give him a run for his money, much less Logan, or Blade, or John Wick, or Jason Bourne, or any character ever played by Donnie Yen, or the dudes from The Raid...

As for best superhero movie of all time, I'm undecided. Avengers has a shot, Winter Soldier has a shot, Logan is high up there though I doubt it'd be the very top for me...
    You. I like you.

10+ Year Old Account

Logan was terribad. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with TDK.

If I took a turd and stamped a Marvel logo on it half the thread would praise til the next century.

If you mean "super hero" as in "comic book", my all time favorite is The Crow. I'd take TDK over Logs, but I've only seen each once. Neither are that rewatchable. I think that has to factor in. With rewatchable, I've seen Deadpool probably 2 dozen times. And to quote Deadpool, he may be super, but he's no hero.

- - - Updated - - -

And Batman, one of the greatest fighters in the world in the comics, looked like *I* could give him a run for his money, much less Logan, or Blade, or John Wick, or Jason Bourne, or any character ever played by Donnie Yen.
    Worst part of any comic book movie to me was the tragic misuse of Donnie Yen as "Snowman" in Blade 2. Like... that was before he was a household name in the US, but I was like... Donnie fucking Yen is in Blade 2... FUCK YES, then you have the Asad and Neesa vs Blade sword fight and I was like, fuck yes yes yes... hmmm this is only ok... and then... damn black dude and a chick... WHERE THE FUCK is Donnie... and then... he swaggerly fucks up one of the reapers, while everyone else struggles and then oh, he's dead. FFS.
    /EndRant
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

GotG 2 doesn't live up to 1's lofty standard. Can you tell me the point of the gold people? Also the fatherly stuff with kurt russell had more potential than they used and felt rushed imo. The ravager stuff was its only saving grace and thats saying a lot with star lord and rocket on board
    The "Gold People" were Marvel's creation to get Adam Warlock, who was originally created by the High Evolutionary. (Shitty way of doing things. But that's Marvel anymore)
    -----------------------------------------

Top movies for me meant that the character was as close to the same as the comics.
    Logan wasn't bad. But why did it have to take so long to get that character right...
    TDK...we finally have a movie where the bad guy steals the show. And in a lot of these movies that indeed should have happened had the bad guy been done well, indeed of being some simplistic bullshit reason for the good guy to present him/herself. One-note villains detract from a movie to me.

Well if you want to see some more Christopher Nolan Excellence (Dark Knight Director)
    along with Tom Hardy (Bane).

Then see Dunkirk..