Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate them. I hate being the center of attention and I hate being the host and having to make it worth the time for my quests. I stopped celebrating them as much as possible.

Most of the time I even forget it and only my mother reminds me that I should at least pretend to celebrate for the old folks in the family with some coffee and cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I think birthdays are 3 months off tbh, i mean shouldnt the time in the womb count as your first 9 months of life?

Also the whole year thing confuses me, mainly because of the solar system, the 365 thing is just how long it takes the earth to revolve around the sun is it not? But what about the other planets that have like 600 a day years? Does the planet your on determine your age? It's making me go cross eyed i tells ya!
    It's not your conception day, it's your "you are on this rock on your own" day. For most the exact date would also be kinda hard to nail down ..
    There are calenders though that tried that. I think Japan had an age system in the past the used to account for pregnancy.

Edit: Nvm i mixed that up with East asian age reckoning. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I think they are absurd but on one hand I want to be acknowledged.

It's my birthday.
    For me personally I hate celebrating my own birthday. And attempt to always keep quite about it when it comes up. Or whenever people want to celebrate it i just decline.

However when it comes to close friends or family. Then i absolutely love celebrating/buying presents for them.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people I care about I'm into giving gifts on their birthdays. I'm over parties and such, though. For my birthday, the last one that I really cared about was my golden birthday when I turned 26. I went sky diving. Now it's whatever.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-07-13 at 12:27 PM.

They're a nice thing to have. Up to you if you want to make use of them or not.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Haven't had a celebration in a long time, often its the girl I'm dating or a friend that's starting something.

This year though I went mountain climbing in the French Alps, that was a good week.

As you get older, they really become less and less important/relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodka View Post
    As you get older, they really become less and less important/relevant.
    And more and more annoying/inconvenient.

I'm pretty much indifferent to them for the most part.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Deleted
    I don't really care. I never forget a birthday of friends, family and loved ones because I know how much value a lot of people attach to it, but personally I really don't care. It's fun to get gifts, but I don't feel special waking up on my birthday and usually I am happy when it is over. It is too forced at work when you get 40 mails in 5 minutes because HR sent around a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't remember, but I think it's linked to over-excitement in old people and also old people mentally realize that 'they made it one more year' so their body stops fighting.
    And people getting too lit or being extra.

Personally, I tell people they should celebrate their birthday. It's the one day a year that is THEIR day. Do what you want, eat what you want. Anything and everything you put off, do it on that day. Many places give you free shit. Like Red Robin is free burger, free drink from Starbucks etc. Some of us have crazy jobs, home lives whatever, but on your born day... take a break. Do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I use it as a justification to eat entirely too much of something I shouldn't, but that's about the extent of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy womb escaping day!

Means nothing to me except another milestone to my inevitable pointless death!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    such a cheerful thread. Regardless, my family had a great time judging by all the empties the next morning...me, I passed out around 8'ish still in my work clothes and not even fully in my bed.

Deleted
    This is the only one day when I feel that I am very special.

Nothing special, just another day really.

I've not celebrated a birthday for over 2 decades.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Used to think they are nonsense. Then again there's so many completely ordinary days in a year, so why not celebrate something for no apparent reason really. With sense of moderation though..

Meh whatever, if someone remembers, nice person

Birthdays are very important days and you should celebrate them. The celebration is to be enjoyed to the fullest, most likely inviting all your friends to your party will improve that day for you.

Growing old is an important process of our lives and we should celebrate our lives. We're not an accident and we shouldn't act like accidents.