Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    You just can't help yourself from strawmanning can you, just to establish where I stand politically, for the past 2 elections I have voted for the left party (quite literally), but sure neoliberal clintonites are a cancer.
    What argument am I supposed to attack exactly? You want to restrict people from voting for completely bullshit reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What argument am I supposed to attack exactly? You want to restrict people from voting for completely bullshit reasons.
    How about we discuss rather than "attack", i'm probably not your ideological enemy. The point I intended to make before I got sidelined (albeit I gave you an opportunity to expand your point but you didn't want to), was that I and many I know did not know anything about life, consequences and responsibility ubtil I left school and was treaded on by a apathetic and uncaring society, the modern form of US leftism is directly anti worker and minority, because of its inherent corporatism.

It's incredibly obvious by the super shallow and pointless battles it chooses to take and the young voter base just gobble it up. These people can't/shouldn't be your future voice of progress, they have never faced much hardship, letting people without life experience dictate how life is going to be is selfdestructive.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-07-13 at 08:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about we discuss rather than "attack", i'm probably not your ideological enemy. The point I intended to make v
    before I got sidelined (albeit I gave you an opportunity to expand your point but you didn't want to), was that I and many I know did not know anything about life, consequences and responsibility ubtil I left school and was treaded on by a apathetic and uncaring society, the modern form of US leftism is directly anti worker and minority, because of its inherent corporatism.

It's incredibly obvious by the super shallow and pointless battles it takes and the young voter base just gobble it up.
    I disagree the voting age should be raised. Everyone deserves a voice.. It's 16 here in Norway.. I dont vote here because I'm an immigrant to Norway but from what I have seen a lot of the younger ones vote for "Free stuff" as shown by the latest English election "Vote for labour and get free everything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    My you do get rather beligerent when people disagree with you..

On the topic. Does she have stats to back up her claims or was it just a flippant comment?
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-07-13 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Wanting to deprive people of rights is not simple disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    We should also cap voting age at 60 so old fogeys do not keep us back. Fair deal?
    While you are at it, you should put an age cap on being eligible to be elected into congress so walking corporate sponsored fossils don't get to vote on decisions that will come into effect after their death.. Or you know act like they understand the 2-3 generations below them and pass legislations that concern them.

Deleted
    We should also cap voting age at 60 so old fogeys do not keep us back. Fair deal?
    That seems like a fair compromise

Deleted
    I disagree the voting age should be raised. Everyone deserves a voice.. It's 16 here in Norway.. I dont vote here because I'm an immigrant to Norway but from what I have seen a lot of the younger ones vote for "Free stuff" as shown by the latest English election "Vote for labour and get free everything!"
    Well I think the general labour movement in europe has been co-opted by tis faux progressivism, they can get away with outright anti worker legislation and still keep votes because by pandering to the whole "this feels bad/it makes me feel good" style of virtue signalling. Now it's only this way because no actual centrist/socialdemocratic option exists (a la Olof Palme), to the detriment of all workers everywhere.

You should vote though, as an immigrant you're now a part of society just as much as the next dude.

Any case i've gone on long enough offtopic.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-07-13 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    This doesn't beat that time when a guy who landed a man-made vehicle on a fucking asteroid had to apologize before some slut who thought she has a right to tell him what to wear... But still, amazing time we live in, when people have to apologize for stating facts.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." ©
    If you're a public figure, you have less freedom to wear or say something offensive without criticism, because it draws attention away from your work, and you're probably hurting a lot of people who would otherwise would value your efforts. If Elon Musk walks around with a "I hate mexicans" - shirt, nobody's gonna say "It's ok, he deserved it!"
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If you're a public figure, you have less freedom to wear or say something offensive without criticism, because it draws attention away from your work, and you're probably hurting a lot of people who would otherwise would value your efforts. If Elon Musk walks around with a "I hate mexicans" - shirt, nobody's gonna say "It's ok, he deserved it!"
    You get that its not 'true' that Mexicans are universally hate worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    This doesn't beat that time when a guy who landed a man-made vehicle on a fucking asteroid had to apologize before some slut who thought she has a right to tell him what to wear... But still, amazing time we live in, when people have to apologize for stating facts.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." ©
    If it's a fact, then I'm sure it will be easy enough to back up with actual evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Honestly, the us should raise the voting age to 28 so the rest of the west will follow and young adults can no longer impact politics in such a heavy manner.
    Agree with that. Doing so would cause an uproar from my age group but it needs to be done.

Teenagers and young adults are far too sheltered and greedy to make proper decisions in politics. I've seen it first hand, the reasons some of people vote is literally because either the other side offered them more free stuff or their parents told them to vote for a certain party.

As for the OP... yeah it seems a lot of millennial women mistake regret for 'rape' these days. Sad, but I suppose they've nothing better to do.

I've already explained how I disagree with that sentiment, you'll have to elaborate further.
    At the end of the day it has nothing to do with how they'll vote or even if they do. The voting age in the US used to be 21, but that was changed for one very important reason. You could be drafted when you were 18 but couldn't vote until you were 21. In other words, you could be sent to die in a war you had absolutely no say in. The idea first started bouncing around during WWII but didn't get any big momentum until Vietnam. "Old enough to fight, old enough to vote" was a common slogan.

It's actually quite an interesting read if you're interested.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...s_Constitution
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-07-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Adding a link to source.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I doubt its 90% but Id bet its way more than 50%. Way to many people have a victim mentality these days.
    Prove it or stop spouting bullshit.

It sounds like the topic isn't clear. The evidence placed by the article states that 90% of cases involves alcohol, not specifically "regret." That means that the article is presenting the deduction that all alcohol related cases are also cases of regret... It is a false sense of logic. This is because alcohol isn't always a means for regretting sex, nor does it place blame (or a lack thereof) on either party, as choosing to drink is a conscious decision, unless there is evidence of drinks being spiked without someone's knowledge.

There are also other mitigating factors when deducing individual cases, and labeling everything under an umbrella without sufficient proof negates proper logical standards.

If someone ever wants to rob or kidnap you, I sure hope you aren't hypocritical enough to not tell yourself this.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

How many cases are we talking here in total?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Id make this deal, the young are too naive, and the old are too steadfast.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You get that its not 'true' that Mexicans are universally hate worthy?
    Is your point that if something on a shirt is "true", it's beyond criticism ?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    If its the case that a drunk girls cannot give consent then its also the case that a drunk male cannot give consent. Therefore in any case where both participants have been found to have been drinking it should be a double rape because neither party has the ability to give consent. If women are going to be using the drunk/consent excuse then males should be smart and start using it as well. Its the dumbest thing i have ever heard of and it needs to be exposed for how stupid it is. So if your a male and some woman you had sex with was drunk say you were drunk too and you cant remember much but you never consented to sex because you cant make that decision while intoxicated.
    You sound like a rapist.

if a girl is so drunk she can barely walk/talk and you have sex with her, you are effectively raping her. Same if that's a guy. You know law applies to both sex, right ? It's not the law or the "SJW/feminazi" (or whatever dumb term you want to call them because you know they're right) fault that men and stupid minded people think that men can't be raped.

Someone is not themselve (drunk/drugged/whatever) ? don't fuck them. Simple as that.

If someone can't understand the simplicity of this... then I wish we could chemically castrate them.

Homophobia is so gay.

Make it 70 and we have a deal. 65 is retirement age, +5 years because many people never retire on time.