Could Bolvar's forces or Deathwing with minions defeat the Burning Legion in Legion?

I think we seen enough of the Legion's forces in this expansion to know how they compare to the previous big threats but it's still pretty debatable. Let's say in a alternate scenario. The Alliance and the Horde decides to sit this one out and let Bolvar and his Scourge deal with the Legion after the broken shores. Would Bolvar and his Scourge be able to defeat the Legion alone. Our Player characters also won't be present for this. What happens?

Or

The Legion invades the Broken Shores right at the same time Deathwing comes out of the World Pillar. The Alliance, Horde, as well as our characters are also not present here so the Legion and Deathwing/his armies would go to war without any outside interference.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing would probably decimate invading force unless their ships are good vs. elementium plating.

As for Bolvar, we didn't really see him using scourge all the much so idk.
    Space magic.

Using the Legion force at the first battle in Broken Shore (the one we lost Varian / Vol'jin to): Bolvar very likely can't, but Deathwing probably can - depends on whether any of the Legion spellcasters could decide to use their brains and did what Khadgar did. If it's a fight to the last man standing (which means Deathwing wouldn't retreat even when he is injured / break apart), Deathwing probably can wipe the Legion force in Broken Shore. Not sure if he could do anything to the portal though, with Sargeras' spell killing anyone approaching and all that.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Using the Legion force at the first battle in Broken Shore (the one we lost Varian / Vol'jin to): Bolvar very likely can't, but Deathwing probably can - depends on whether any of the Legion spellcasters could decide to use their brains and did what Khadgar did. If it's a fight to the last man standing (which means Deathwing wouldn't retreat even when he is injured / break apart), Deathwing probably can wipe the Legion force in Broken Shore. Not sure if he could do anything to the portal though, with Sargeras' spell killing anyone approaching and all that.
    Deathwing: IMA DEFEAT YOU LEGION!

*Sargeras 1 shots him*

Sargeras: SIKE!

Deathwing with what's his name chromatic monstrosity from Twilight of the Aspects could probably take on the Legion, with just the two of them. Combine that with the entire dragonflight, and the summoned forces of N'zoth, and I doubt the Legion would be able to make a foothold. As for Bolvar, we really don't know. We haven't seen the Scourge ever outright fight anything since Bolvar became the Lich King.

Bolvar is the weak point of the Scourge. He has no Frostmourne, so presumably his magic powers are much weaker than Ner'zhul or Arthas. Surely KJ just takes a trip up to Northrend and slam dunks him in the trash can.

Now if the Legion just tried to engage the Scourge in conventional warfare for some reason they'd eventually have a big problem. But there is no reason for them to do such a thing.

Deleted
    Deathwing would be victorious unless sargeras himself would join the fight.

Bolvar can't compete with Legion nor Deathwing
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-07-13 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Deathwing had his armor bolted on him in the opening cinematic of Cata exactly for that reason. What Khadgar did with simple telekinesis could not be done on Cata Deathwing; we needed to hit him with the Dragon Soul charged by the four Aspects and the Focusing Iris and all we managed was to set lose a single plate.
    Outland Deathwing's plates should also be bolted on his body, though? Unless Deathwing somehow decided to change his fashion for that occasion only (his plates were bolted on his body during WoTA). In Cata, the blast from DS destroyed the plate / blast through Deathwing's body, Khadgar's telekinesis was a lot less fancy and destructive.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-07-13 at 06:38 AM.

Assuming Deathwing has his Chronicles pt.2 intelligence instead of being Cataclysm-era doofus, he could send Ultraxion after Gul'dan to drag him into the Twilight Realm and prevent him from summoning reinforcements. Ragnaros' and Al'akir's elementals, N'Zoth's faceless armies and the Twilight's Hammer makes short work of the invading demons. Depending on how portal magic works, Deathwing can bodyslam the Tomb of Sargeras until it collapses. The invasion is routed but the Legion still returns a couple of years later. If body slamming doesn't work, Deathwing will have to gather the Pillars of Creation. N'Zoth probably has enough knowledge of the world to supply Deathwing with information about their locations without have to access the library at Karazhan. Moreover, N'Zoth can order Xavius and Azshara to hand over 2 of 5 Pillars directly to Deathwing.

Suramar is easy. Deathwing bodyslams the Nightspire and the Eye of Aman'thul is his. Now Stormheim and Highmountain might be problematic. Deathwing can't just waltz into the Halls of Valor and take the Aegis, Odyn would never let him in. Deathwing would have to either trick Odyn and complete the trials in his human form or send some cultists to do the same. Failing that, N'Zoth could probably work his magic and help Helya take down the Halls of Valor.

Depending on how dumb Dargrul is, Deathwing could simply bodyslam him and take the Hammer. If Dargrul is smart, he will use the Hammer to banish Deathwing to Deepholm. In that case Deathwing is going to be in serious trouble.

Deathwing uses the Pillars to shut down the portal at the Broken Shore. Without Illidan, Argus is never attacked and Sargeras still has his infinite Legion. Azeroth loses in the long run.

Bullshit version: Xe'ra brainwashes Deathwing and he recovers Illidan's soul. Alleria and Turalyon are very surprised to see Deathwing helping them on Argus.

Bol'var immediately after we fall back? No, he's actually gained a lot of power throughout Legion but at the start, I don't think his forces would stand a chance. In fact a lot of his power gain has to do with us being distracted with the Legion(Grave robbing). Now say he were to use his forces alone in 7.2.5 and we took a break, yeah his forces would probably take the Tomb.

Legion happen at the beginning of Cata and we take a break? N'zoth would be set free and Deathwing would be sent to Argus to wreak havoc while Azeroth gets corrupted. Deathwing is a flying volcano of death and now that we've learned Sargeras isn't in his body(You all I mean, i've been saying for years that he doesn't have it) Deathwing empowered by the Old Gods(N'zoth) would steam roll the Legion forces with his twilight dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Bol'var immediately after we fall back? No, he's actually gained a lot of power throughout Legion but at the start, I don't think his forces would stand a chance. In fact a lot of his power gain has to do with us being distracted with the Legion(Grave robbing). Now say he were to use his forces alone in 7.2.5 and we took a break, yeah his forces would probably take the Tomb.

Legion happen at the beginning of Cata and we take a break? N'zoth would be set free and Deathwing would be sent to Argus to wreak havoc while Azeroth gets corrupted. Deathwing is a flying volcano of death and now that we've learned Sargeras isn't in his body(You all I mean, i've been saying for years that he doesn't have it) Deathwing empowered by the Old Gods(N'zoth) would steam roll the Legion forces with his twilight dragons.
    Sargeras doesn't have a body? What? There's not one thing that implies that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nowhere. Sargeras would probably swat Deathwing off the sky like a gnat.
    Yeah I think he was talking about the 7.3 spoilers and assumed that Sargeras is using Argus the Titan as a body which is not correct.

I think given enough time Bolvar could get to Arthas's power. I don't know if him being scorched by Dragonfire is still canon but you don't know what really he is capable of. We just assume he is weak, the amazing fact is he may be weak but he's very persuasive. Never stop to think "Why am I making four new horsemen?" or with the class mount "Why am I visiting a Dragon sanctum?". It's very fishy and we don't even know what will happen to our Frostmourne once the expansion ends, we know it will be 'gone' but gone where is still up to debate. If they managed to pull Argus out of a magic hat, in terms of patching into game by portalling it closer to Azeroth... Anything is literally possible in my opinion. Arthas managed to make Val'kyr, they aren't exactly weak and the whole thing with the Shadowlands is still unexplored for now. If Odyn can do the same and he is a Titanic Keeper, power levels is going to be difficult to discern accurately and poses more questions overall. It is literally a case of wait and see.

For me personally, I believed that Bolvar and the Scourge would be part of the Army of Light since one seemingly endless army could help fight another but with 7.3 having certain people appearing, it's thrown that ideal out the water.
    Still, the idea could happen just not in the way I envisioned, perhaps they will need the Scourge but for entirely different agenda.

As for Deathwing and co, I'm sure he would put up a pretty good fight. We simply don't know what he would be like against a Titanic Keeper or a Titan one on one really, it took other empowered Dragonflight leaders and the Dragon Soul to really pop Deathwing so, perhaps but Sargeras being this really powerful being, it's better to believe a Titan would swat Deathwing away like a fly then have an even match.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-13 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    If the Legion was smart they could wipe out Bolvsr in days. We've seen a pitlord have his bone reanimated by a warlock so I'm assuming a necromancer could do the same? Based on that send Dreadlords, enslaved void beings and the machinery of the Legion (no bodies to add to the scourge if the Legion looses troops). They could destroy undead with no fear of being raised. Also seeing how Dreadlords have experience with necromantic magics they could likely usurp control of Undead as well.

I think if the Black Empire could keep the Legion from making a beachhead they could stop an invasion. But overall the Legion is much stronger then the Black Empire on Azeroth. The legion has ended countless worlds where as the Black Empire, though strong, only held Azeroth for a time. If Nzoth could reach out to the Old Gods on other worlds I guess he may have a chance but it seems like the Old Gods are effectly isolated on the world they land on.

Deleted
    Dragons usually got hard timez during legion ivasions but i think that deathwing is under steroids.
    The scourge is a rather formidable force even without bolstering its numbers after the landing of legion on broken shore and the death of a number of heroes.
    Holding them demons at bay they would but gaining control of the situation and ddealing with the climax and Guldan creating an avatar for sargie i doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Depending on how portal magic works, Deathwing can bodyslam the Tomb of Sargeras until it collapses.
    He definitely can't. The Dark Portal completely resisted all physical attempts of destroying it. ToS Portal is even more powerful than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Suramar is easy. Deathwing bodyslams the Nightspire and the Eye of Aman'thul is his.
    Nighwell gives Elisande powers over time. She could probably freeze Deathwing in time the same way she froze elven armies.

- - - Updated - - -

We know that void and fel corruptions can coexist. While Deathwing was void-corrupted, he could still become fel-corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Nighwell gives Elisande powers over time. She could probably freeze Deathwing in time the same way she froze elven armies.
    I doubt that. Every powers in WC-verse can be resisted if you are powerful enough compared to the caster. For example, Deathwing shrugged off Nozdormu's spell when the later tried to accelerate his time and age / weaken him in DoTD. It's true that Nozdormu was at nowhere near his full power due to the Dragon Soul by then (still more powerful than normal Bronze dragons around though), but it still showed that time magic can be resisted / removed just like any other kind of magic. How powerful was Elisande's power in comparison to that weakened Nozdormu? We only know that her power rivals the Bronze dragonflight. However, given Khadgar alone could provide protection for the player character against her spell for a while and pulled Tyrande who was already affected by it back, I doubt Cata Deathwing would have any trouble doing the same thing.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-07-14 at 02:20 AM.

Bolvar is a no go. Nerz'hul was created by KilJaeden and the dreadlord.

- Sending an army of undead to attack someone who created you would result in a disaster. Kil Jaeden and the dreadlords masters the power of necromancy. They would easily return bolvar's own troop agains him

Regarding Deathwing. This is a completely different matter.
    - The old gods are already helping us in fighting the legion. Most of the remnant of the twilight hammer joined forces with the Concordance of Legion fall through our class orders. Deathwing with the help of the twillight hammer and an army of faceless one would probably have repelled the Legion. But against Sargeras it would have been useless.