Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Black Temple Timewalking messed up IDs

Hi everyone.
    So I joined a raid group where everyone was saved 8/9 with just Illidan missing. We entered and every boss was alive. We tried exiting and re-entering by giving lead to another member and still no luck.
    Is this a bug or intended? I'm not going to sit through 8 bosses with no guarantees that the raid will maybe manage to kill Illidan.

From what I understand, the hotfix was to let people with started IDs to queue up again. Illidan only still requires a RL with ID and the rest fresh. Still testing tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    From what I understand, the hotfix was to let people with started IDs to queue up again. Illidan only still requires a RL with ID and the rest fresh. Still testing tho.
    If that's true, it's counter-intuitive as fook. A full raid of people who hasn't run the place? I actually thought I would first run the whole place and then Illidan if my raid wasn't up to the challenge. Seems I am locked out of it unless I lead a full group of 0/9 people.

Deleted
    [With realm restarts in each region] Players who have obtained different raid lockouts are now able to group together and queue for Black Temple Timewalking.

So the realm restart is happening on Tuesday/Wednesday (US/EU) just in time to be pointless until October.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    If that's true, it's counter-intuitive as fook. A full raid of people who hasn't run the place? I actually thought I would first run the whole place and then Illidan if my raid wasn't up to the challenge. Seems I am locked out of it unless I lead a full group of 0/9 people.
    I managed to get into one. Considering different combinations I tried today, it comes down to the most dominant ID getting selected. So if you want Illidan only, you need to either invite exclusively 8/9 people or get into a raid that was together the whole time and now getting more people for Illidan. Pure speculation of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    [With realm restarts in each region] Players who have obtained different raid lockouts are now able to group together and queue for Black Temple Timewalking.

So the realm restart is happening on Tuesday/Wednesday (US/EU) just in time to be pointless until October.
    there is a realm restart happening right now
    so idk what the fuck your talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is a realm restart happening right now
    so idk what the fuck your talking about
    Did it restart? Think it's fixed now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Did it restart? Think it's fixed now?
    yes servers restarted
    it should be fixed, but i dont know, havent done it yet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes servers restarted
    it should be fixed, but i dont know, havent done it yet
    I just left a full group of 8/9 (including the raid leader), and all bosses had been reset.
    I can't see myself going through it all again in time before the event is over. Should have killed him when I had the chance last night, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I managed to get into one. Considering different combinations I tried today, it comes down to the most dominant ID getting selected. So if you want Illidan only, you need to either invite exclusively 8/9 people or get into a raid that was together the whole time and now getting more people for Illidan. Pure speculation of course.
    The first part didn't work for us. I'll have to try getting in on a group stuck at Illidan - lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has been fixed it seems. You gotta have to do it in one sit otherwise you are screwed.

EDIT: It's the same leader with which I cleared 8/9, so I really really have no idea how this could be any messier.

Were having this same issue with my guild grp, Friday night we cleared everything to Illidan, but ended up not getting him down, so we decided to come back Sunday (which is tonight)... Everything we have tried is just giving us a whole new instance! Did anyone find any kind of solution to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish blizzard had some sort of private test realm where they could test out new features.

they've been hyping BT time walking for months and it is a shit show
    Hi

Black Temple? More like Lockout Temple

Deleted
    Looks like it checks for every group member's lockouts and starts at first boss that at least one player in raid hasn't killed yet. That means if you want to kill only Illidan, you need everyone in raid to have Illidan lockout.

Tested it yesterday. Everyone had Illidan lockout (done with different groups), as we zoned in we were ported to 8/9 instance. Ask everyone to link lockout, don't invite without lockout.

So our guild decided to finish off Black Temple today but were surprised to find that all the bosses had respawned.

Probably 90% of the raid was from the previous run and we invited a few new people just to come along and help.

Any idea how to enter the main run so we don't have to kill each boss again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky88 View Post
    Any idea how to enter the main run so we don't have to kill each boss again?
    See post above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i wish blizzard had some sort of private test realm where they could test out new features.

they've been hyping BT time walking for months and it is a shit show
    It is one of those things that falls through the cracks. It was tested on the ptr but how many guild groups do you think disabanded then came back to test it?

Pug I would expect at least on the ptr would search out fresh runs each time.

2 hours of my life i will never get back in this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    See post above yours.
    So to be clear, we should create the group and zone into the 8/9 raid, then invite and summon the people that arent locked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky88 View Post
    So to be clear, we should create the group and zone into the 8/9 raid, then invite and summon the people that arent locked?
    No, you can't invite anyone after zoning in. Everyone in raid must have 8/9 lockout. Everyone.

If someone in raid has for example 5/9 lockout, but everyone else has 8/9, you'll start at 5/9. It will remove only bosses that everyone in raid has killed.