Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Groundhog Day in here sometimes, i clearly explained why people prefer to form a Raid in chat, yet you all keep yapping on about it, here's another reason why people can't be arsed to use LFR, too easily trolled.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's like Groundhog Day in here sometimes, i clearly explained why people prefer to form a Raid in chat, yet you all keep yapping on about it, here's another reason why people can't be arsed to use LFR, too easily trolled.

Yes... you clearly explained that. And everyone else here in the thread is pointing out that the LFR system is not working. So, what's your point again? You all say the same thing.

It's indeed groundhog day. I just wish people would stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post
    Yes... you clearly explained that. And everyone else here in the thread is pointing out that the LFR system is not working. So, what's your point again? You all say the same thing.

It's indeed groundhog day. I just wish people would stay on topic.
    It's funny because we said to him that the LFR queue tends to break a lot. Not that people weren't doing it through premade groups which defeats the purpose of a matchmaking system. But of course LFR is fine. /s

If people want to do it through premade groups go for it but a matchmaking system breaking is not normal.

Simple point.

Premade grouping is ok. Matchmaking system breaking when it bloody well feels like it isn't. If they can fix Queen's Foci then they can fix TD. No real excuse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    I only read Rift threads because I want to see how far Slipmat is willing to go to white knight the game and deny any flaws the game has. Always a good read.

On topic: I re-downloaded Rift a couple of months ago and it was a ghost town. Don't waste your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's funny because we said to him that the LFR queue tends to break a lot.
    Hahahahahahhaha, you're too funny for words, i post a screenshot as to why nobody uses LFR and you say it's broken when clearly the screenshot shows it's working perfectly, just that players tend to troll and refuse to click join, so please Mr LFR expert tell me again why i should waste my time using a tool when i can ask for and form a raid in 10 seconds in chat? take your time now.

Quote Originally Posted by marren17 View Post
    I only read Rift threads because I want to see how far Slipmat is willing to go to white knight the game and deny any flaws the game has. Always a good read.

On topic: I re-downloaded Rift a couple of months ago and it was a ghost town. Don't waste your time.
    I actually went through the EU shards at peak time. Most I saw in a city was 50-75.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 08:29 AM.

Hahahahahahhaha, you're too funny for words, i post a screenshot as to why nobody uses LFR and you say it's broken when clearly the screenshot shows it's working perfectly, just that players tend to troll and refuse to click join, so please Mr LFR expert tell me again why i should waste my time using a tool when i can ask for and form a raid in 10 seconds in chat? take your time now.
    Once again, we are not saying you should. We are saying why does the tool exist? As it is right now, all it is going to do is serve to confuse/upset new/returning players and further the idea that the game is dead/dying. So why don't the devs try to fix it or remove it?

I think you need to take off your blinders, slow down, and actually read what has been said about the LFR tool in Rift. If no one uses it, why does it exist? If it is quicker/easier to just make a group through chat, why does LFR exist? WHY DOES LFR EXIST IF NO ONE USES IT???

You keep responding as if you're saying it's not a useless, waste of dev time of a system that nobody uses... only to say that yes, it's a useless, waste of dev time system and everyone just continues to form groups manually.

Yes, we agree that it's useless as it stands. And that's not a good thing, dude.

i post a screenshot as to why nobody uses LFR and you say it's broken when clearly the screenshot shows it's working perfectly, just that players tend to troll and refuse to click join
    Yes, and if the system isn't designed to punish those engaging in queue trolling, which is by no means new, then it's flawed.

It's not like the automated system for dungeons doesn't work just fine. Or similar LFR systems don't work just fine in other MMO's.

so please Mr LFR expert tell me again why i should waste my time using a tool when i can ask for and form a raid in 10 seconds in chat? take your time now.
    You shouldn't, we're all on the same page with this. But that's not a good thing for Trion or Rift.

I am considering coming back after many years, and I want to know:

what makes the game bad? Can I please know? It is a general consensus that the game has issues, but there's no mention of the nature of those issues. Can someone please expand on those? I would like to know if it's worth the time to even download.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I am considering coming back after many years, and I want to know:

what makes the game bad? Can I please know? It is a general consensus that the game has issues, but there's no mention of the nature of those issues. Can someone please expand on those? I would like to know if it's worth the time to even download.
    Mostly Trion's direction of the game. The way they handled the F2P model a while after, the lackluster quality that has gone into content since Nightmare Tide and their handling of any critique.

Basically they monetised the hell out of it in Nightmare Tide and did so again. Hell at one point they put a gear slot behind a paywall or an obnoxious ingame grind.

Whenever content is released buggy or unpolished they chose to blame the players for lack of testing rather than admit to blame themselves. Basically tells me they don't have a dedicated internal testing team or it's a shoddy one. 64 Bit client is still a mess as well.

Any form of critique on the official forums is basically censored by the CM's as "bashing". They can't handle the fact the game has issues basically.

Also current expansion has yet to implement content advertised on their site. Such as the 70 zone which is finally being added after 8 months.

I could list more but the picture here is they continually make bad decisions related to the game among other things and it's suffered for it. PvP scene is essentially dead and one of the CM's basically told people not to PvP in Rift and as for Raiding there are like 20-25 guilds at most.

This game was arguably at it's peak in Storm Legion and I extremely doubt they were lacking in subs when they went F2P since games at the time with less were doing fine.

My 2 cents. It's free so you don't exactly lose any money so no harm in downloading but personally I wouldn't. There are much better F2P games out there and hell the odd B2P game is worth it imo.

I think a lot of other posters here can paint a better picture than me personally. While my critique is valid it does admittedly stem from frustration of what was once a good game going downhill basically.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-17 at 04:41 AM.

I'll add to what Eleccybubb said.

Leveling experience just feels tacked on. Legendary abilities don't feel legendary. Outside of hanging out with Cyril and the dogs of war, the stories were either bland or annoying. I actually hate tasuil now. If you aren't a patron and willing to pop exp vials, there isn't enough quests to level you to 70.

Trion also monetized everything. The worst for me was minion adventures. Luckily the minion sender add-on will skip them automatically for you. I remember where minions where fun and helpful, now they feel like a chore (fuck you, wicket).

Endgame is basically non-existent. No real raiding left. Dungeons are worthless. LFR has better gear and dungeon currency buys nothing useful, unless you like rng fragments. If you have read up on planar fragments, somewhere Wocky has a video about them from beta. They are still just as terrible.

Hope that helps. If you have the time and bandwidth, it is free try the expansion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    I'll add to what Eleccybubb said.

Leveling experience just feels tacked on. Legendary abilities don't feel legendary. Outside of hanging out with Cyril and the dogs of war, the stories were either bland or annoying. I actually hate tasuil now. If you aren't a patron and willing to pop exp vials, there isn't enough quests to level you to 70.

Trion also monetized everything. The worst for me was minion adventures. Luckily the minion sender add-on will skip them automatically for you. I remember where minions where fun and helpful, now they feel like a chore (fuck you, wicket).

Endgame is basically non-existent. No real raiding left. Dungeons are worthless. LFR has better gear and dungeon currency buys nothing useful, unless you like rng fragments. If you have read up on planar fragments, somewhere Wocky has a video about them from beta. They are still just as terrible.

Hope that helps. If you have the time and bandwidth, it is free try the expansion now.
    Levelling itself 1-60 isn't so bad if you actually quest. Just why would you quest to 50 when you have Intrepid Adventures? Post 50 I've found it's better to quest.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-17 at 12:56 AM.

I see. Thank you, all. I will be skipping this. Any good rec for an MMO outside of WoW?

I see. Thank you, all. I will be skipping this. Any good rec for an MMO outside of WoW?
    I'll PM you some stuff mate. Not gonna clutter the thread with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, all. I will be skipping this
    Good luck in your search for an MMORPG that gives you as much of the game for free as Rift does, you can level from 1 to 70, do every zone, every event, quest, dungeons, every raid, have as much player housing as you like and never spend a single cent, everything is open and free to you.

There's even a new Update coming out on Wednesday but seems you've already made your mind up by listening to random posters and not even doing some of your own research.

I love these threads. The arguments between Eleccybubb and Slipmat are my version of reality TV. Have you guys gotten married yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I love these threads. The arguments between Eleccybubb and Slipmat are my version of reality TV.
    At least i'm consistent, the only place you'll find me is here in the Rift section, i'm not off on my own personal crusade to make sure everyone knows that games i don't play are the worst thing ever and to be avoided like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I love these threads. The arguments between Eleccybubb and Slipmat are my version of reality TV. Have you guys gotten married yet?
    I put him on ignore a while back. Figured it would solve a lot of issues at the end of the day. Plus it stops me getting into arguments I guess.

Also I'd never go on Reality TV. . I don't think my figure suits me for TV personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-17 at 10:12 AM.

At least i'm consistent, the only place you'll find me is here in the Rift section, i'm not off on my own personal crusade to make sure everyone knows that games i don't play are the worst thing ever and to be avoided like the plague.
    Eh, you're both on a pretty clear agenda. Either way it's fun to read.