Deleted

First time building/Knowing what I want

It's going to be the first time I actually build my own computer as in DIY kinda thing. I'd love to see if you guys could help me with links on how to build your own PC. I'm not an IT/eng but I'm not a moron either as I have had a computer since I was 4 (27 now).

Budget: 800-1000 euros

Resolution: 1080 is enough I guess?

Games / Settings Desired: If it runs every game on steady frames without overheating I'm good, though I want to build around a Corsair Air 540 and Noctua 6 NH-D15.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I know it will cringe the living shit out of some people, but I've gotten my iMac for that (not proud of it).

Country: I'm living in Slovakia at the moment (I really dunno where to look for parts here as I don't speak the language and there are no computer/tech shops around where I live.

Parts that can be reused: None

Do you need an OS? Yes, windows ofc, dunno which one tho

Do you need peripherals? I'd like to get a good and cheap monitor because my budget will go to the tower for the most part.

I wanna go with a GTX 1060 as well as the Corsair Air 540 and Noctua 6 NH-D15 mentioned above, and I don't know if I want 8 or 16RAM . Is it possible, do I have to sacrifice much? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-07-13 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man, this is the worst time to be buying a mid range GPU like 1060, the prices are inflated due to cryptomining bubble, that card is either out of stock or goes for way more than it should (50e and up).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€189.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: Asus - H110-PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€69.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€124.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€79.90 @ Caseking)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card (€324.96 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: BitFenix - Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (€29.90 @ Caseking)
    Power Supply: be quiet! - System Power 8 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (€53.12 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€94.09 @ Mindfactory)
    Monitor: BenQ - GW2470H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor (€125.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1091.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-13 14:19 CEST+0200

Your best bet is to try and buy from amazon.de (you can set it to english) and see if they deliver to your location, if you don't speak the language that they do in Slovakia, that is. Your budget is too tight for noctua and Corsair air.

But, tower and cooler can be replaced at a later date when you get some more money.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2017-07-13 at 12:22 PM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Aw man, this is the worst time to be buying a mid range GPU like 1060, the prices are inflated due to cryptomining bubble, that card is either out of stock or goes for way more than it should (50e and up).

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€189.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: Asus - H110-PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€69.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€124.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€79.90 @ Caseking)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card (€324.96 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: BitFenix - Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (€29.90 @ Caseking)
    Power Supply: be quiet! - System Power 8 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (€53.12 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Monitor: BenQ - GW2470H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor (€125.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1091.71
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-13 14:19 CEST+0200

Your best bet is to try and buy from amazon.de (you can set it to english) and see if they deliver to your location, if you don't speak the language that they do in Slovakia, that is. Your budget is too tight for noctua and Corsair air.

But, tower and cooler can be replaced at a later date when you get some more money.
    What GPU would you reccomend? Also, I didn't know it was mid range, I thought it was up there somewhere.

I really want to use Noctua and the Corsair Air tower setup, how high would my price go? In addition, no posible way to go i7? let's say my budget went to 1400 euros.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I wanted to add an SSD. My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post

Good news, apparently from what i've heard anyways (per Bitwit and Paul's Hardware EP 112B), Etherium is starting to reach its DR point. It may lead to many dropping out of mining, give it a few weeks and start paying attention to Ebay or other resellers. Don't be surprised if GPUs take a huge price hit. If you can wait a month, i think its safe to say, wait the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    It's going to be the first time I actually build my own computer as in DIY kinda thing. I'd love to see if you guys could help me with links on how to build your own PC. I'm not an IT/eng but I'm not a moron either as I have had a computer since I was 4 (27 now).

Budget: 800-1000 euros

Resolution: 1080 is enough I guess?

Games / Settings Desired: If it runs every game on steady frames without overheating I'm good, though I want to build around a Corsair Air 540 and Noctua 6 NH-D15.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): I know it will cringe the living shit out of some people, but I've gotten my iMac for that (not proud of it).

Country: I'm living in Slovakia at the moment (I really dunno where to look for parts here as I don't speak the language and there are no computer/tech shops around where I live.

Parts that can be reused: None

Do you need an OS? Yes, windows ofc, dunno which one tho

Do you need peripherals? I'd like to get a good and cheap monitor because my budget will go to the tower for the most part.

I wanna go with a GTX 1060 as well as the Corsair Air 540 and Noctua 6 NH-D15 mentioned above, and I don't know if I want 8 or 16RAM . Is it possible, do I have to sacrifice much? What do you guys think?
    Dont get the Corsair Air 540 if you go for a budget build.
    Fans are crap and need to replaced, also just 1 dustfilter and the dustfilter set cost 80€.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Nah, the 1060 is a low end Nvidia card that toys with the idea of being mid-range depending on the amount of VRAM on it.

1050 -> Entry Level
    1060 -> Low End
    1070 -> Mid-range
    1080 -> High-end
    1080Ti -> Top end

For their gaming cards at least. That being said, I'd still look for a 1060 from somewhere that doesn't jack up prices. My buddy got the 3GB version for retail cost a couple weeks back and he's been happy with it ever since.
    I want a very good GPU that will run any game. I don't want it for any other purpose. I just saw the price on the 1080 onwards and is just insane. I'd really like to hear what would you build with 1200-1400 euros if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Dont get the Corsair Air 540 if you go for a budget build.
    Fans are crap and need to replaced, also just 1 dustfilter and the dustfilter set cost 80€.
    I'm an ignorant when talking about these things mostly because I assume the price is worth it.

I want a very good GPU that will run any game. I don't want it for any other purpose. I just saw the price on the 1080 onwards and is just insane. I'd really like to hear what would you build with 1200-1400 euros if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an ignorant when talking about these things mostly because I assume the price is worth it.
    GTX 1070 is going to be overkill for 1080p gaming. Its a solid 1440p card. decent at 4k. Do NOT pay more than 425 for the "cheaper" 1070s. The market is still wonky from crypto-mining. As i said before the prices should drop. As of right now on newegg, the 1080 is right around the same price as the 1070. If the prices are within 50, get the 1080 hands down (its 560$).

Heres a couple of ideas for you

If your going to get an i5, do yourself a favor, go ryzen. The loss you may see in WoW, youll make up in other games and being able to use this computer as well as your mac for workstation

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (€206.80 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€77.40 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: G.Skill - Flare X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€122.40 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€87.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.10 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card (€579.00 @ Mindfactory)
    Case: Anidees - AI7 (Windowless) ATX Desktop Case (€89.90 @ Caseking)
    Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 CM 500W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (€74.57 @ Mindfactory)
    Total: €1384.21
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-14 01:25 CEST+0200

That is the upper end of your budget. If your looking to save money, you can step down the 1080 to a 1060. If you do that, realize that you may need to upgrade much sooner. The cost will go down to 1100 if you pick the 1060 instead. The reason I picked the anidees case is because it comes with 5 fans, and because its dual chamber, the cable management is cake. Also chose it becuase it looks like you want a cube form factor case. The major downside I have with the case is the back panel hole. You have to pull your motherboard out of the case anytime you want to change your cpu cooler.

As for a couple of videos on building your computer.
    I recommend these videos from paul's hardware.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCWMByUOgbA
    https://youtu.be/LbpqkiaO7q4

They also made a better/newer version the 740 Air.

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    This build is a bad idea. The Ryzen cpus are a gamble on whether they'll be good or not in 4+ years and the 1600 is literally a pointless sku.
    Huh?? the 1600 is one of the highest recommended in the ryzen line up next to the 1700. All ryzens are OC unlocked..... the 1600x you could consider pointless as the difference once you OC is 50hz as its silicon is binned better. The 1600 is a 1700 with 2 cores turned off, and a 1700 is a down-clocked 1800x. The gamble is quite small considering the OP does do some workstation applications. The gains in gaming you'll get from intel are tiny unless you go to a 7700k and overclock which will run at least 200 more (60 from mobo, 100 from processor and 40 needing a cooler as ryzen stock is more than sufficient to a 3.8 ghz OC) than that 1600 set up. Its one thing to not like a certain processor, its another to attempt to troll and really show your fan boy side.

Also, if you want the top of the line, as someone has suggested before, wait for coffeelake. Dont invest into x299, its a cash grab....

10+ Year Old Account
    What GPU would you reccomend? Also, I didn't know it was mid range, I thought it was up there somewhere.

I really want to use Noctua and the Corsair Air tower setup, how high would my price go? In addition, no posible way to go i7? let's say my budget went to 1400 euros.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I wanted to add an SSD. My apologies
    well if you want i7 over i5 that's +100 euro and the next GPU after 1060 is 1070 which is ALMOST DOUBLE the price ... if you really want better GPU, my best recommendation is to really wait a few months, the iGPU with i7 will be decent to run some games on low settings (like wow and lol) in the meantime.
    SSD is another 90ish euro

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (€299.90 @ Caseking)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler (€73.99 @ Aquatuning)
    Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€125.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - Green 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€87.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Corsair - Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case (€132.93 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1467.62
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-14 08:00 CEST+0200

Noctua is almost the same price as SSD, it's not for a 'budget' build, so is Corsair air series that go for over 100e. I do have the one I added in your build, it's really nice, but takes a ton of space.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll wait because I don't wanna be switching GPUs every 2 years. The price is outrageously high... hopefully coffee lake will fix this mess.

Thanks a lot

Coffee Lake is a CPU lineup, not a GPU lineup. It wont help GPU prices at all.

However, Etherium prices are starting to tank, so GPU supply may even off here soon.