Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    I only have the wardens toy and the high mountain mount to go.

I am sick of waiting for them to drop so im now doing it on 3 characters now.

This system is very stupid as I hate RNG but it's making a lot of players still do world quests and get out into the world. Without these items, I wouldn't be doing world quests at all.
    And if they were guaranteed or very likely drops, someone would stop doing those world quests afterwards.
    A system people could equally call "stupid".

They are a bonus, and if you actively do world quests purely for those, then I would argue it isn't the rewards at fault.
    I do world quests for a variety of reasons, not just the paragon rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    According to my guilds spreadsheet I have opened 64 paragon caches.

I have got the Orphaned Felbat and the Wardens toy...twice.

Sadly I have no way to break down that number into how many per faction.
    If you hover over the coin bag icon, at least on mine I can see the number of times I have completed each.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you hover over the coin bag icon, at least on mine I can see the number of times I have completed each.
    That is most definitely an addon, its not part of the standard UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    That is most definitely an addon, its not part of the standard UI.
    Hmm, didn't realise that.
    Maybe because I didn't look too closely before I started using an addon.
    Will check if its actually the addon logging it, or if its pulled somehow from the default UI.

Edit: My knowledge is limited, but it seems to be pulled from the default UI, via the same means the number of archaeology completions are pulled.
    Using the addon ExatedPlus, and so should on the tooltip display the number of times that reward has been completed, on a per character basis I think.
    How is your guild spreadsheet updated, manual entry - or do you have addons logging these ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-04 at 02:19 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    So far, I've got two Legionfall pets and a Dreamweaver mount. Done every emmisary so far, but only on one character with occasional proc on an alt.

Haven't updated my Paragon cache thing here in a while so here's my count as of 5/7/2017:

Nightfallen: 36 (no mount)
    Valajar: 41 (no mount)
    Highmountain: 21 (two mounts)
    Dreamweavers: 20 (one mount)
    Wardens: 35 (one toy)
    Court of Farondis: 19 (one mount)
    Legionfall: 7 (no pet)

Total Paragon caches opened: 179 .__.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    And if they were guaranteed or very likely drops, someone would stop doing those world quests afterwards.
    A system people could equally call "stupid".

They are a bonus, and if you actively do world quests purely for those, then I would argue it isn't the rewards at fault.
    I do world quests for a variety of reasons, not just the paragon rewards.

And so what if someone DID stop those WQ? Isn't Legion supposed to be full of content that someone can keep themselves occupied in some other way? WQ are glorified dailies and EVERYONE stopped doing themon previous expansions when a goal was reached (reach exalted, buy recipes, mounts, tabards etc.)

The RNG of the rewards IS at fault. It's a bait to keep doing beaten to death repeatable content for people who have no need to do them anymore. Must keep that wheel turning. Instead of keeping subscriber loyalty with good, luring quality content, Blizzard has resorted to low RNG rewards and gated quest lines to just keep the subs rolling.

It's anyone's choice to keep doing them for the mounts, but it would be silly to not understand the scheme Blizzard is actually doing with them. As i have mentioned multiple times (and will keep at it till i am bored of these forums), i will not fall for it anymore. Gratz for the people still persisting to get them, but they should really be aware of the game played here and if they actually want to be a part of it.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    And so what if someone DID stop those WQ? Isn't Legion supposed to be full of content that someone can keep themselves occupied in some other way? WQ are glorified dailies and EVERYONE stopped doing themon previous expansions when a goal was reached (reach exalted, buy recipes, mounts, tabards etc.)

The RNG of the rewards IS at fault. It's a bait to keep doing beaten to death repeatable content for people who have no need to do them anymore. Must keep that wheel turning. Instead of keeping subscriber loyalty with good, luring quality content, Blizzard has resorted to low RNG rewards and gated quest lines to just keep the subs rolling.

It's anyone's choice to keep doing them for the mounts, but it would be silly to not understand the scheme Blizzard is actually doing with them. As i have mentioned multiple times (and will keep at it till i am bored of these forums), i will not fall for it anymore. Gratz for the people still persisting to get them, but they should really be aware of the game played here and if they actually want to be a part of it.
    Poor argument blaming the RNG, when RNG has been a part of loot right from the start.
    That description describes how the game has been from the start, yet apparently after over 10 years of the same you only now find it a problem.
    You cant tell me why the RNG is suddenly bad, because it isn't.
    There has been no good argument made why x percentage is good, and why some marginal change to that makes a number bad all of a sudden.
    I do them for other reasons, so how do I fit into your model.
    I am not on the treadmill for the mounts, but am still doing world quests.

What is the percentage chance of getting the mounts.
    Why is that particular number bad, and what do you think is a good percentage and why.
    Why is that percentage only a problem in this scenario, when it has applied to others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-07 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's your prerogative if you want to believe that, but putting down people who don't agree with you is caustic and shows just how immature your opinion is that you couldn't stand by it without putting other people down.

Incidentally, I got the Nightfallen carpet today. Only missing two mounts now.

And I know someone who has all the toys/pets/mounts already....

This game is tormenting me. I picked up a Highmountain, Dreamweavers and a Legionfall cache yesterday. Got my third Elderhorn, second Dreamrunner, and the Legionfall pet I actually needed all in the space of about 10 seconds.
    Meanwhile, 40ish caches for both NF and Valajar :/
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Poor argument blaming the RNG, when RNG has been a part of loot right from the start.
    That description describes how the game has been from the start, yet apparently after over 10 years of the same you only now find it a problem.
    You cant tell me why the RNG is suddenly bad, because it isn't.
    There has been no good argument made why x percentage is good, and why some marginal change to that makes a number bad all of a sudden.
    I do them for other reasons, so how do I fit into your model.
    I am not on the treadmill for the mounts, but am still doing world quests.

What is the percentage chance of getting the mounts.
    Why is that particular number bad, and what do you think is a good percentage and why.
    Why is that percentage only a problem in this scenario, when it has applied to others.
    The RNG in Legion has been totally different THAN ANY OTHER EXPANSION. I am sorry you fail to see this.

A) In former expansions, rng in rewards was just one level. What item will drop (from any source, be it raid, dungeon or "box")
    B) The introduction of "Thunderforged", "Warforged" in MoP was another level of RNG, but a smaller one, since there was a cap at the extra ilvls.
    C) The introduction of gem slots and tertiaries in WoD was only limited in raid drops. Can't remember if it applied to dungeon loot as well, but given their small ilvl, the impact was negligible. Bigger "-forged" ilvl cap was introduced ONLY for baleful gear.
    D) There was one legendary, obtainable by all characters who put in the effort and resulted in the same power item for everyone.
    E) Rep reward mounts were given (or bought) at exalted.

And now the Legion Part:

A) "-forged" ilvl cap raised to max tier ilvl cap. Now applicable to ALL GEAR obtained, except quest gear (which is irrelevant now and quickly irrelevant after 2 months of Legion). Max ilvl cap is rare to get, but not impossible. The whole middle ground of ilvl procs, though creates expectations for more than +15 ilvl boost on items dropping. The existence of it makes you repeat same content in expectance of at least +5 ilvl proc than the current item.
    B) Legendaries: Multiple ones, more added in major patches. Which you're gonna get is RNG based. WHEN you're gonna get the random Legendary after doing the content that is needed to get one is another layer of RNG. The legendaries all don't have the same power and some add more rng elements in playing. Intead of simply powerful items, they are essentially more talent choices, leading to excessive farming to get all for niche situations.
    C) Paragon mounts are REP reward mounts. Introducing boxes that may or may not contain a REP reward Mount shows a change of philosophy in Blizzard rewrad scheme and has as only reason NOT to reward a player for completing a part of the content, but to lure him to repeat it ad nauseum, just to reward him IF the player is lucky. Sure, sooner or later all players who keep on farming will get them. WHY would some players get the SAME mounts after 30 boxes and some after 200? Why is the effort/reard ratio on REPUTATION mounts differnt for players, depnding on RNG?
    D) Profession RNG. A player proccing Rank 3 flask in the first days of legion launch already has had a huge advantage of selling flasks over the players that haven't yet or got it later. Other players keep trying getting rank 3 flasks and end up spending thousands or even, millions of gold for mats to make the damn rank proc. Those players are put to a disadvantage NOT related to effort, but to sheer luck. even when thy do proc, they need to make their gold back before seeing profits, while the lucky guy sees profits immediately.

The argument of RNG being in game since the start is true. The extrapolation that RNG in Legion is nothing different than previous expansions is false. There are multiple levels of RNG in every aspect of the Legion WoW, tainting the former expansion RNG experience to the point of having people QUIT over it. I am one, for example, and i dount i am the only one.

I just told you why the RNG is bad. Because it is now implemented with a huge margin, in almost every aspect of the game and in multiple layers over a single reward.

I do think i have answered all of your concerns, if you need more elaboration, phrase to phrase, just ask for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    It's your prerogative if you want to believe that, but putting down people who don't agree with you is caustic and shows just how immature your opinion is that you couldn't stand by it without putting other people down.

Incidentally, I got the Nightfallen carpet today. Only missing two mounts now.

And I know someone who has all the toys/pets/mounts already....
    I'm not being caustic. I'm not putting down people who don't agree with me. I didn't disagree with anyone in this thread. I just mentioned my opinion on the matter, since i still see people grinding those mounts. I have quit WoW totally over this rng reward matter, because after 12years of playing WoW, i feel cheated by the new reward systems Blizzard is implementing. I am just trying to show people there's another way to look at it and to see if they agree.

You see, you felt annoyed by my comment, because a part of you understands it holds some truth to it and that goes against the other part of you that has kept you farming all this time. Since that second, other part of you doesn't want to be shown that maybe the first part is right for feeling this way, you decided to think that i'm attacking people who keep on farming. I'm not. You can see in my post history that i don't hesitate to insult someone, if i feel i should. My comment was not insulting anyone. My comment was attacking the RNG reward system.

Gratz for you and the other guys who got your rewards. Just tell me this. Why should another player enjoy more REP FARMING REWARDS than you and others with less effort? I thought this game rewarded people who gave more effort than the others. The RNG in Paragon box rewards essentially does the opposite. Rewards LUCK instead of effort. Why the sudden change of philosophy?

As i said, i cannot find another reason than to keep people grinding WQ, even if they dont need the other rewards the WQ offer. It's no coincidence the paragon mounts appeared in 7.2, when the only new world content was Broken Shore, Pathfinder 2 was implemented etc.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    So.... in the spirit of the omg-will-it-ever-drop thread for the Fox Mount, here is one for the 5 newer box-drop mounts added in 7.2. These mounts and the Warden toy drop from the boxes you get for grinding each 10k rep above Exalted.

The way Blizzard does these drops now, it's impossible to tell what the real drop rate is on these things. And you get the stooges on WH who "got it in my first chest!!11!!!1!!".

If Blizzard have said drop rates, please add your comment with a reference link, because datamining has not shown the drop rates that I can tell. I hate this because at least if I know the drop rate, I can make an educated decision on whether I should spend my time on this, or chuck it and do something else. I only have so much time to play, so spending it clearing WQs each day vs. doing some other activity like clearing old raids for missing transmog etc. is a choice I have to make.

So far, I have opened 3-4 of each faction's containers, and not gotten any of the mounts or the toy.

I want the Wild Dreamrunner the most, so my strategy has been to always pick the Dreamweavers token when the Kirin Tor WQ daily pops. When I get the Dreamrunner (if, sigh), I will pick another faction's tokens.

Have you gotten any of these items yet?
    I just found the Stormheim mount... and I regully do every Emyssary and used reputation token too on al least 3/4 characters, but I never find any other mounts, any pets from kirin tor, Dreamweavers and Legionfall or any Toy. Nothing.

It is very frustrating.
    In my Country we use an expression for that: "Mai una gioia", that means "never a moment of joy", and everytime me and my guild mates we open a faction chest, we repeat that like a mantra!

Actually, open one of that, its only a disappointing moment.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Now I have the Warden's toy (got it twice, damn it!) and 3/5 mounts (Val'Sharah, Suramar, Azsuna factions). 6 of my characters qualify for all factions' paragon rewards, other 6 have some exalted factions and other are on the way. And I do as many emissary quests as possible just like OH missions with reputation tokens. The only exception is BrS, where I only go daily on my main, it's just too much to run on all 11 alts just as well (on alts, I just get my campaign done and update some relic slots and trinkets with 880 vendor items). I hope the remaining mounts will drop soon, it's quite tiresome.

And yes, Fabinas is 100% right. RNG in Legion is exceptionally and outstandingly obscene.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP here.

I don't have any of them yet. Still grinding. I am only doing it on one toon per day - I refuse and simply don't have time to clear the map on multiple characters. (I did finally manage to get my fox mount from regular Nightfallen emissary cache today, on my 2nd Nightfallen turn-in ever, on my 3rd alt who hit 110 two weeks ago.)

As far as the RNG goes, my beef with it is this: there is no "drop protection".

I get that they want things to be "rare" for awhile, or they would simply make the drop chance 100% and be done with it.

But they need to add in a system of drop protection for these kinds of things. It doesn't have to be a steep curve, it can be slow - say, every time you open a box and don't get the item, 1% gets added to your chance next time.

That still ensures that a LOT of people will continue doing world quests for a LONG time, given how many times (at a typical 75 rep per quest) you have to complete the quests to earn 10,000 reputation.

But also ensures that eventually, you WILL get the thing after putting in a reasonable number of months' effort without running yourself ragged doing every single world quest on 5 toons a day.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    OP here.

I don't have any of them yet. Still grinding. I am only doing it on one toon per day - I refuse and simply don't have time to clear the map on multiple characters. (I did finally manage to get my fox mount from regular Nightfallen emissary cache today, on my 2nd Nightfallen turn-in ever, on my 3rd alt who hit 110 two weeks ago.)

As far as the RNG goes, my beef with it is this: there is no "drop protection".

I get that they want things to be "rare" for awhile, or they would simply make the drop chance 100% and be done with it.

But they need to add in a system of drop protection for these kinds of things. It doesn't have to be a steep curve, it can be slow - say, every time you open a box and don't get the item, 1% gets added to your chance next time.

That still ensures that a LOT of people will continue doing world quests for a LONG time, given how many times (at a typical 75 rep per quest) you have to complete the quests to earn 10,000 reputation.

But also ensures that eventually, you WILL get the thing after putting in a reasonable number of months' effort without running yourself ragged doing every single world quest on 5 toons a day.
    I proposed (in this or another thread, can't remember) that they could have added them to faction vendors for 50 curious coins, while still keeping the random chance drop. Some ppl would get it on their 50-75th box with the coins earned, the luckier ones would get it by drop. But, Blizz wants us to keep riding the hamster wheel.
    /spit@Blizzard

Still haven't got any...I do WQ every day since 7.2 with few small breaks.

Cant imagine doing this on alts...What a boredom
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-07-13 at 02:19 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Still haven't got any...I do WQ every day since 7.2 with few small breaks.

Cant imagine doing this on alts...What a boredom
    Nothing here either and 4 Characters are all on "Paragon-level" of Reputation now.
    Sad to see all streamers/same lucky people get it everytime. RNG isn't for everyone.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rautx View Post
    I have opened maybe 4 or 5 each and got the legionfall pet and 2x Valarjar Stormwings (Back to back caches)
    I hope you die in a fire! D:

Gotten plenty of Valarjar boxes across my toons and no dragon yet.

I'm beginning to despair trying to get all the rewards from these...
    I have the Valarjar, Farondis, and Highmountain mounts and none of the others.

I've opened around 40 of each now, and 50+ Nightfallen and no luck.
    I haven't had any drop (not even repeats) in about a month.

I think I saw on wowhead the drops are around 3%, they really really need to be 5-10 minimum with the amount of rep required...

10+ Year Old Account
    Warden toy, first crate..
    Farondis mount, first crate..
    AoL pet, first crate..

Dreamweaver, Highmountain, Valajar and Nightfallen mounts: ~15 crates each without luck..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    According to my guilds spreadsheet I have opened 64 paragon caches..
    I've opened 40, have no mounts, no toys, just gold and resources.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.