Deleted

Lightning rod playstyle

I was reading icy veins guide for ele shammies and lightning rod is kinda mentioned as M+ build.
    But, its also said that some players can pull better results in LR on raid bosses.
    Problem is there is no much explanation on LR debuff, how to utilize it optimally. Rotation explained is almost the same as Ascendance.
    So, I would like to hear from fellow LR shammies how they actually do their rotation on single target raid bosses and how they utilize LR debuff.

I don't change anything to the usual rotation for single target. The debuff will get used naturally because when you cast lightning bolt as a filler, you usually cast several. And when you use stormkeeper, you usually cast several lightning bolts. If you're lucky, the first one triggers LR.

Your primary rotation does not change because even buffed lightning bolts are not enough to counter the DPS loss due to not using EB on CD, not auto-criting LB, or not correctly reapplying FS.

Lightning bolt remains a filler. LR somewhat buffs your filler. That's all there is to it, really.

Deleted
    For single target, you usually don't change a single thing in your rotation. The only possible change is if you do have neither litghning rod nor power of the maelstrom active and you are ​absolutely sure you won't lose a stormkeeper usage to slightly delay the stormkeeper till one or the other is active. This will happen rarely because if you do loose a stormkeeper usage within a fight it is a massive dps loss.

the other thing to look out for is to switch targets in an ae situation as soon as lr procs. Since it can be active on several targets simultaneously, you should alway target an enemy, who does not have a lr debuff.

Desolate host heroic in corporal realm, Just chain lighting the shit out of everything.

This is a great site for Elemental. I would suggest starting here. stormearthandlava.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    So, I would like to hear from fellow LR shammies how they actually do their rotation on single target raid bosses and how they utilize LR debuff.
    Try to limit your movement when you see the LR debuff go up on the boss. One of the advantages of the LR build is that from opener to kill, your rotation stays pretty static (pun intended).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Desolate host heroic in corporal realm, Just chain lighting the shit out of everything.
    Ha ha, yup. I also swap to Sephuz and Al'akirs..CL for days.

Deleted
    Ok, what about when there is only 1 charge of LAva burst up and LR debuff is up which is about to expire?
    Do I cast Lava Burst or Lightning Bolt?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkar View Post
    This is a great site for Elemental. I would suggest starting here. stormearthandlava.com
    Yes, I know about it, but couldnt find specifics.