Poll: What will be the ultimate outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    A nothingburger is one way to eat vegan I guess

Because this is all they have, and it's incredibly meatless.
    Thought 1: You probably thought this was so clever. It really, really wasn't.

Thought 2: This in no way provides any insight into how "nothing burger" is an appropriate conclusion and just states "yeah, my conclusion is it's a nothing burger". So, uh, thanks for sharing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Because this is all they have, and it's incredibly meatless.
    "We have some useful information for you, it's part of Russia's help for your father"
    "I love it"

This is proof, directly from Donald Jr, that the Trump campaign knew Russia was helping them during the election. At a minimum, it's a violation of campaign laws.

Honestly, if this looks meatless, what- specifically- would it take to change your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    It's not a witch hunt. Why would almost every member of Trump's campaign team meet with Russians? Just buddying out? Like, seriously. Trump Jr's emails prove that they were not beyond colluding with Russia.
    Like seriously, quit being duped by the MSM who are backing the Neo-Liberal agenda.

A nothing story became a cause celebre, anything to bash, denigrate and weaken Trump for the wrong reasons, ignoring plenty of justifiable ones – done directly or through other parties, in this case his son.

Russian lawyer Veselnitskaya is a private citizen unconnected to the Kremlin. There was nothing improper or illegal about Trump Jr. meeting with her. No “collusion” occurred, no connection to Russia, no other known criminal activity of any kind.

Trump Jr. published emails between himself and Veselnitskaya, showing they had nothing to do with Russia. Issues discussed related to adoption of children and related charitable activities.

Emails between himself and publicist/tabloid writer Rob Goldstone claimed a Russian government lawyer had incriminating documents about Hillary, yet nothing of the sort was discussed or transmitted.

Goldstone said he had no knowledge of Veselnitskaya’s connection to the Kremlin. Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the Russian government knows nothing about this woman.

....“(H)er statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

“She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act.”

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting.”

Goldstone called the meeting “the most insane nonsense I ever heard.” In a Tuesday interview on NBC News, Veselnitskaya denied any connection to Vladimir Putin or Russia’s government, explaining she didn’t meet with Trump Jr. to discuss Hillary or last year’s presidential campaign.

Unprincipled claims by undemocratic Democrats and US media about alleged Trump team wrongdoing, including possible treason, show how low they’re willing to stoop to damage the president for the wrong reasons.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-non...emails/5599068

They'd be much better off going after Trump for the Qatar issue, and things that matter to most people like Trumpcare that the GOP is trying to sneak through the Senate.

The NSA knows everything going in or out. Does it not strike some of you as strange or suspicious that these sort of "revelations" always seem to pop up at just the perfect time, instead of when the NSA knows they happen, contemporaneously? Just like the MSM never swiftboated Trump during the campaign on his very shady past, investigations by the Fed, and his father's, etc?

But the Dems are so invested in the "Russian haxxorz r elections!!" bullshit that they can't let go of it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    R I C O
    I
    C
    O

Thats what the R in Trump and Kushner stand for.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Ultimate outcome, is Trump beeing impeached, but I honestly doubt it'll come to that, sadly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    After the investigation ends (whenever that will be), what will be the ultimate outcome for Trump and Pence as far as whether they remain in their positions or not?
    I've got one of these on order for a reason.

Remind me, is this the investigation that FNN said was a nothing-burger ? Eh, whatever. Keep screaming about Putin, we'll get on with building that big, beautiful wall...
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Because nothing will happen from that. Just an overall weakening of the Republican party, which is necessary.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I've got one of these on order for a reason.

Remind me, is this the investigation that FNN said was a nothing-burger ? Eh, whatever. Keep screaming about Putin, we'll get on with building that big, beautiful wall...
    Dear lord, you need to get the propaganda out of your ears. "FNN?" "Nothing burger?" "The wall?" It's got to feel like when you put your head under water, and you turn your head to the side and just have to keep shaking it. But it feels great when it finally drips on out.

On topic, while I hope for something else, I very much doubt anything will come of this. He could be absolutely guilty. They could have video taped a meeting of him meeting Putin directly, in which Trump bows to Putin on his hands and knees and swears ultimate fealty to mother Russia in exchange for election support... and no one on the right in Congress will vote to impeach, everyone in the country will forget as soon as he tweets a typo, and we'll enjoy three years of this new level of dysfunction that the internet and social media bubbles have wrought upon us.

Worst case scenario, Trump Jr. gets a slap on the wrist and ejected from anything Washington-related. We'll get some stories once or twice a year about how he's still using daddy's government transportation on the taxpayer dime, but otherwise it all just fades away. Because crazy is the new normal.

It'll either get to the point where Republicans can't ignore it any longer or Republicans no longer control Congress. At which point Trump will be nailed to the wall when Mueller concludes his investigation. Obstruction of Justice and colluding with a foreign government to influence an election have already been proven thanks to Donnie Dumbass Jr.

Pence will likely be safe ascending to the presidency, but will be a lame duck with no support from the people and a hostile Congress after the 2018 elections.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Dear lord, you need to get the propaganda out of your ears. "FNN?" "Nothing burger?" "The wall?" It's got to feel like when you put your head under water, and you turn your head to the side and just have to keep shaking it. But it feels great when it finally drips on out.
    Just remember:

They have to go back.

On topic, while I hope for something else, I very much doubt anything will come of this. He could be absolutely guilty. They could have video taped a meeting of him meeting Putin directly, in which Trump bows to Putin on his hands and knees and swears ultimate fealty to mother Russia in exchange for election support... and no one on the right in Congress will vote to impeach, everyone in the country will forget as soon as he tweets a typo, and we'll enjoy three years of this new level of dysfunction that the internet and social media bubbles have wrought upon us.
    You clearly have no idea how much the GOPe dislike Trump.

Worst case scenario, Trump Jr. gets a slap on the wrist and ejected from anything Washington-related.
    British publicist: I have info on Mrs Clinton, from a Russian lawyer.
    Crown Prince of the Trumpenreich: Okay, let's hear it.
    Russian: Actually, I want you to help Americans adopt Russian babies again.
    The Don Jr: Well this was a waste of time.
    Fake News: ZOMG ARREST HIM FOR TREASON! TREEEEEEEASON!

Business Insider link about it.

/yawn

British publicist: I have info on Mrs Clinton, from a Russian lawyer.
    Crown Prince of the Trumpenreich: Okay, let's hear it.
    Russian: Actually, I want you to help Americans adopt Russian babies again.
    The Don Jr: Well this was a waste of time.
    Fake News: ZOMG ARREST HIM FOR TREASON! TREEEEEEEASON!

Business Insider link about it.

/yawn
    1. Taking the meeting at all is a crime, regardless of if she actually had information or not.

2. The only person saying they got nothing is Dummie Jr. who lied about the meeting happening in the first place. We should trust him because?

It's like going to a bank to rob it and then finding out no one can open the vaults and leaving empty handed. It's still a crime even if you leave the bank you tried to rob empty handed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    1. Taking the meeting at all is a crime, regardless of if she actually had information or not.
    Gosh, I didn't know the US under Obama was such a fascist state that it banned meetings between private citizens and foreign private citizens...

2. The only person saying they got nothing is Dummie Jr. who lied about the meeting happening in the first place. We should trust him because?
    Because he's released everything related to it, and there's no evidence of wrongdoing...?

It's like going to a bank to rob it and then finding out no one can open the vaults and leaving empty handed. It's still a crime even if you leave the bank you tried to rob empty handed.
    /headdesk

Opposition research is part and parcel of politics, and perfectly legal. Now, if The Don Jr came into possession of information that was somehow classified or whatever under US law then sure, he might be in an awkward situation, and would probably not be able to use whatever it was, if nothing else. However, he got no information, because the whole thing was just so this person could pressure him into pressuring the God-Emperor into pressuring Putin to drop that anti-adoption law.

Gosh, I didn't know the US under Obama was such a fascist state that it banned meetings between private citizens and foreign private citizens...

Because he's released everything related to it, and there's no evidence of wrongdoing...?

/headdesk

Opposition research is part and parcel of politics, and perfectly legal. Now, if The Don Jr came into possession of information that was somehow classified or whatever under US law then sure, he might be in an awkward situation, and would probably not be able to use whatever it was, if nothing else. However, he got no information, because the whole thing was just so this person could pressure him into pressuring the God-Emperor into pressuring Putin to drop that anti-adoption law.
    So you're just playing stupid then?

Getting aid from foreign governments in a campaign is illegal.

And no, Dumbass Jr. only released the emails he got BEFORE the meeting, not any material that was acquired at the meeting. It's only his word that they got nothing and his word is worth jack shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting aid from foreign governments in a campaign is illegal.
    1. The lawyer wasn't from the Russian government.
    2. No aid was given.

And no, Dumbass Jr. only released the emails he got BEFORE the meeting, not any material that was acquired at the meeting. It's only his word that they got nothing and his word is worth jack shit.
    If they didn't get any material during the meeting, they can't *release* that material.

1. The lawyer wasn't from the Russian government.
    2. No aid was given.

If they didn't get any material during the meeting, they can't *release* that material.
    It doesn't matter if they got information or not. They went to the meeting expecting to get information. That is a crime.

And again, you're trusting the word of a known liar that they didn't get help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so expecting to get information from a foreign government is a crime. Fine.

The person they held the meeting with wasn't from a foreign government.

Okay, so expecting to get information from a foreign government is a crime. Fine.

The person they held the meeting with wasn't from a foreign government.

1. The emails said she was. So they expected that she was.
    2. It's any foreign person, not just people connected to the government.

1. The emails said she was. So they expected that she was.
    2. It's any foreign person, not just people connected to the government.
    I just have to make note of this.

It has been repeated by hundreds of sources... countless legal experts for days now, that it fundamentally doesn't matter what "happened" in the meeting. She could have turned out to have been a 14 year old boy who was doing it for the lulz, who turned up wearing a Mario suite with a box full of doughnuts for everyone in the rooms. She could have turned out to be a Hobbit that escaped the fictional world. She could have turned out to have been sentient Labrador retriever.

It doesn't freaking matter.

The only thing that matters is that everyone in that room - Crooked Kuschner, Paulie Walnuts and Fredo Trump - was there with the EXPECTATION they were going to meet an intermediary from the Russian government with dirt on Clinton.

Now I'm sure a hell of a lot more will come out from that - that they did set up links, that stuff did come from the meeting. But putting that aside from the moment, the crime that will hang, at the very least, Fredo Trump, is his intent behind holding the meeting.

As you know, this has been said literally to death the past few days, and these mooks just do not care. Well sorry Trumpkins, you don't live in your own legal universe quite yet.

It doesn't matter if they got information or not. They went to the meeting expecting to get information. That is a crime.

And again, you're trusting the word of a known liar that they didn't get help.
    No, it's not.

https://www.fec.gov/updates/foreign-nationals/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    R I C O
    I
    C
    O

Thats what the R in Trump and Kushner stand for.
    And that is just how they will see real jail time - it's an insanely flexible statute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump is impeached or Resigns. Pence becomes President.

Trump spends the rest of his life in a legal battle. Bannon and Breitbart spend years in legal peril. Trump Jr, Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Kuschner and a few other figures all go to prison.

Russia is sanctioned by Pence and the next US President to the point of eating grass soup. The US engages on a world wide campaign to roll back Russian expansionism and expel them from the global economy to the furthest degree possible

The shit doesn't hit the fan until around the time spanning from August 2018 to November 2019.
    You don't see Trump in jail at some point? I have to admit, I'm having a hard time imaging him not finding a way out of it, somehow. Even if it's a Pence pardon.