Deleted

Elemental M+ Legendary and talents

Hi,

I recently got the lava burst belt and am aware that ascendance becomes the best talent to take once you acquire it.

I'm wondering though is ascendance still the best option in M+ or would Lightning rod still trump it?

Thanks

Deleted
    Sephuz+Wrists

Except on some very high mythic+ tyrannical bosses you'll use Liquid Magma over Echo combined with Totem Mastery and LR, ofc. Lots of Haste/Crit gear.

Deleted
    That didn't answer my question at all

Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    He's still right.

LR just trumps Ascendance in M+, Belt just not really a good legendary unless you spec into EotE, which you usually don't because Liquid Magma Totem is much better.

Asc Build may be better for high tyrannical, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Sephuz+Wrists

Except on some very high mythic+ tyrannical bosses you'll use Liquid Magma over Echo combined with Totem Mastery and LR, ofc. Lots of Haste/Crit gear.
    Yeah, you can pretty much roll with that setup you listed the vast majority of the time in m+, with few exceptions.

also love that setup on Mistress Sassz'ine in ToS as a side note.

Sephuz+Wrists

Yeah, also OP you can have 2 saved sets of armor you can equip back and forth between bosses and trash pulls. For example, the high crit and haste is very nice when clearing trash but not so much on single target boss encounter unless its multi-target boss encounter. For single target you can expect stats like 20-30%crit/16-25%haste/60-80%mastery, numbers dependent on gear ilvl. For multi-target you can expect 30-40%crit/25-33%haste/35-45%mastery, these numbers are just an example to give you an idea of what stats are good for single-target and multi-target encounters, respectively. Also, Rest in peace Earthquake. Nerfquake isn't effective until 7+ targets for dps (8+ w/CL wrists) according to calculations from a battle.net forum post I can't find. I was so damn sad they did that, EQ was so fun with haste stacking + crit but nooooo Blizzard just has to remove any form of creative playstyle.
    Last edited by Takatin; 2017-07-14 at 10:12 PM. Reason: change in perentages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    Then go ahead and google this information and more, which takes about 10 seconds. How ungrateful can someone be, lmao. Why would anyone even consider a ST legendary combined with a ST talent to be top in an environment where you've to beat masses of mobs on a timer.

Deleted
    Then go ahead and google this information and more, which takes about 10 seconds. How ungrateful can someone be, lmao.
    You must be joking right?
    OP is asking a legit question and you don't answer it, and he's being ungrateful? Please stop talking.

Almost any legendary combination with at least Sephuz is a better option than Sephuz + Al'Akir's for AoE.

https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele/legendaries/
    If you sim it personally, it will show you the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    You must be joking right?
    OP is asking a legit question and you don't answer it, and he's being ungrateful? Please stop talking.

Almost any legendary combination with at least Sephuz is a better option than Sephuz + Al'Akir's for AoE.

https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele/legendaries/
    If you sim it personally, it will show you the same.
    I actually answered all needed questions with my post, if he or you arent able to comprehend written text then its not my problem. Oh, and maybe you'll check out real game play logs before spreading missinformation.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...spec=Elemental

Deleted
    I actually answered all needed questions with my post, if he or you arent able to comprehend written text then its not my problem. Oh, and maybe you'll check out real game play logs before spreading missinformation.

Aren't*
    Misinformation*

Most of those logs DON'T use Sephuz+Al'Akir so how was I wrong? only 6 out of 27 use it.
    The other one is raiding which is irrelevant because OP was asking about Mythic+.

It's even stated on the site that it's better to use something else and every time you sim it will show almost any legendary to be better.

OP asked
    I'm wondering though is ascendance still the best option in M+ or would Lightning rod still trump it?
    All you say is

Sephuz+Wrists

Ok... so lets see:

-"On some high mythic+ bosses with tyrannical you use Magma totem instead of Echo"

Okay, nothing about LR/AS here. And which bosses? It's useless to say "some" because you still don't know what to use where and you haven't even mentioned anything about the belt which OP asked for specifically, not the ring or the bracers.

-You combine that with Totem Mastery and LR "of course"

"Of course" you do that, but why? Again no useful information that explains anything at all.
    Blindly following a guide without explaining why you would use something is useless information. You don't gain any knowledge from it and won't understand why you use it, you just follow an IKEA manual.

If a dungeon is AoE focused I would suggest Lightning rod because it's insane AoE damage but if you are struggling on bosses (especially with tyrannical) and already have a ton of AoE with you, you might as well take AS.

The group I run with usually already have a lot of AoE and ST because of a DH we have so I usually go for the middle ground, Magma Totem with AS.
    That way with trinkets and Stormkeeper you have a cooldown every pack and you can still do good DPS on bosses, but that's what I prefer, it might not be the "best build" but it works for our group.

For AS I run the following legendaries:
    With Bloodlust I use Eye of the Twisting Nether and Uncertain Reminder.
    When I don't have bloodlust for the boss I use Eye of the Twisting Nether and Pristine Proto-Scale Girdle.

I would use Sephuz's Secret more on bosses, but getting the buff is hard, especially when the other 2 DPS always run the ring and don't have the issue of stopping your cast to interrupt.
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2017-07-17 at 09:03 AM.

Legendaries (swap gear for boss and trash for max dps)
    (Trash) sephuz, wrists
    (Boss) gloves, belt/EoTN/SotF

Talents
    (General, Fortified) 3112312, Totem Mastery/Liquid Magma Totem/Lightning Rod
    (Tyrannical) 3112332, Totem Mastery/Echo of the Elements/Lightning Rod
    (High Tyrannical, ~18-20+) 3112331, Totem Mastery/Echo of the Elements/Ascendance

Note
    Only go ascendance if you REALLY need ST damage, else go lightning rod with echo of the elements as a good balance. Taking ascendance over lightning rod and liquid magma totem will be a massive loss for sustained aoe and thus overall damage.
    It it crucial to swap between AOE and ST legendaries to do optimal dps.