Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thankfully Finland has been steadily lowering the number of asylum seekers (not immigrants, how hard is it to understand the difference) being allowed into Finland in the past years, and thankfully that will be the ongoing trend; we are closing down asylum seeker centers left and right. I mean, if Canada wants all them asylum seekers, feel free to take them. You've got the square mileage.

Also, the difference here is between 52814 babies born last year, and 50000-ish predicted to be born this year. Except, obviously, people aren't looking at deaths and the aging curve at all. I guess it's some thousands of years old mentality from some "holy book" or something, that the human species has to go around spreading it's seed constantly, but newsflash: a growing population is not a good thing. A steady population, sure. A growing one, no.

Yeah, people are having less children, most likely because people are also getting married less; because marriage is a horrible thing, and doesn't work, and people are getting smarter every day about it. Finland is showing the world (including Canada), how things should be done; get married less because marriage is a sham, procreate less because overpopulation is what's destroying the planet, and close down asylum seeker centers because an influx of asylum seekers is only going to make the country a worse place, for numerous reasons.

Also: http://www.tilastokeskus.fi/tup/suol...uk_vaesto.html

5503000 people in 2016.
    5595000 people predicted in 2020.
    5769000 people predicted in 2030.

If anything, people should have even less children.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-07-13 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Thankfully Finland has been steadily lowering the number of asylum seekers (not immigrants, how hard is it to understand the difference) being allowed into Finland in the past years, and thankfully that will be the ongoing trend; we are closing down asylum seeker centers left and right. I mean, if Canada wants all them asylum seekers, feel free to take them. You've got the square mileage.

Also, the difference here is between 52814 babies born last year, and 50000-ish predicted to be born this year. Except, obviously, people aren't looking at deaths and the aging curve at all. I guess it's some thousands of years old mentality from some "holy book" or something, that the human species has to go around spreading it's seed constantly, but newsflash: a growing population is not a good thing. A steady population, sure. A growing one, no.

Yeah, people are having less children, most likely because people are also getting married less; because marriage is a horrible thing, and doesn't work, and people are getting smarter every day about it. Finland is showing the world (including Canada), how things should be done; get married less because marriage is a sham, procreate less because overpopulation is what's destroying the planet, and close down asylum seeker centers because an influx of asylum seekers is only going to make the country a worse place, for numerous reasons.
    It's like all the collectivists forget that this was always the end goal of civilisation, that we don't need to shit out 7 kids to ensure 3 survive to the end just to continue our family names.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    @Puupi Wanna take this one I'm tired
    No way. I'm not this easily baited.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I was going to give this reply as a jest; Someone beat me to it.
    While i didnt mean it as jest.

I am from germany, and our immigrants actually didnt get us in any notable problems. And it is really great to help people from war regions to get to safety. Add to that the idea they also help our average age to get down a little bit.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-13 at 04:43 PM.

People in the world overthink everything today.....

(1) You don't need refugees to fix your problems. Refugees will come with the need for aid, social programs, other things. Unless you have all those systems in place (and really well funded) and you are willing to continue those social programs for at least a decade into the future (fully funded)- you are just bringing a disaster into your country.

(2) Instead of spending millions on refugees- spend the millions on your own people (there is a crazy thought...). It is what the government should do instead throwing money at the "cause du jour (which is refugees atm)." There will always be a "cause du jour" people are screaming about. If you miss this one- you can always catch the next one.

(3) Create initiatives telling people to have more "action." Celebrate pregnancy and childbirth and use the millions you would have spent trying to make the refugee thing happen on the mothers and babies in your own country. Give mother's more maternity leave, tax credits, free diapers...... There are tons of ways that money could be spent on your own people to increase child birth rates.

(4) Make sure there is good quality (or even free) healthcare for these moms and babies. One of the biggest cost with a baby is all those dr. visits.

Here is the keeper for you: Social initiatives to increase birth rates have worked in the past where as bringing a ton of refugees into your country to increase birth rates has yet to turn out successfully anywhere.

The refugees come in, their birth rate is higher so it will give a temporary bump to the rate- but it does nothing for the birth rate of the native population (which is the problem we are trying to fix).

It just doesn't fix the problem we are trying to solve in any logical way.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Not really a surprise, because nobody really wants to be a parent, when there is no economic safety.
    Is that really so much more of a concern in finnland of all places?

There are quite a few countries with negative growth rate in Europe.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Indeed it is. Offer incentives for native Finns to have children rather than flood the country with non-Finns.
    Or bring in Ukranians and MAYBE South Africans since the are culturally errrr... "Similar" or at least closer. Be choosy with who you bring in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Or bring in Ukranians and MAYBE South Africans since the are culturally errrr... "Similar" or at least closer. Be choosy with who you bring in.
    Now, I don't know finnish culture but I doubt that south africans are similar or even close to them culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is that really so much more of a concern in finnland of all places?

Not really, but traditionally the finns have trusted their goverment.. And currently it's a shitshow, with no end in sight.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Now, I don't know finnish culture but I doubt that south africans are similar or even close to them culturally.
    Technically neither are the Ukrainians as Finnish isn't an Indo-European language. Though Fins' have similar cultural values to others in Europe, and Afrikaaners are culturally European so its a bit more compatible than say Mogadishu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Technically neither are the Ukrainians as Finnish isn't an Indo-European language. Though Fins' have similar cultural values to others in Europe, and Afrikaaners are culturally European so its a bit more compatible than say Mogadishu.
    I don't know why you think what language family a language comes from is even relevant to the culture in a country. China and Korea have different language families but have many cultural similarities due to confucianism influences and chinese influence.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-13 at 05:18 PM.

Well what can you do? Goverment is actively deincentivising having children by making huge cuts to education and family supporting structures.

And this decade long recession (which seems to be past us now?) doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Instead of fixing an injury by surgery you'd rather put a band-aid on it and hope the problem goes away?
    Your analogy is a little strange since surgery is an invasive medical intervention and applying a band-aid allows the body to heal a wound naturally.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Your analogy is a little strange since surgery is an invasive medical intervention and applying a band-aid allows the body to heal a wound naturally.
    A band-aid does not fix an internal injury. The bleeding is a symptom, not the cause. Band-aids only work for superficial injuries, not internal injuries.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-13 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Another tenni "Lets import people and put them on welfare to fix low birth rate thread"

Deleted
    Low birthrates don't even need fixing. No european state is endangered by its population shrinking by a factor of two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No. Undocumented immigrants is a U.S. problem. Own up to your responsibility.
    Wait, immigrants are a problem now? Someone hacked into Tennisace account?

I really think US should send half of them to Canada, you know share the blessing of immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennis, are you switching to making threads about Finland now? Just stick with Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Indeed it is. Offer incentives for native Finns to have children rather than flood the country with non-Finns.
    Why exactly does that matter? Human beings are human beings

- - - Updated - - -

I am personally of the mind that low birthrates globally should be the goal, we have way too many people alive right now.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis