Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think they will announce next expansion yet because that will take all the hype away from 7.3. For now I think they want people to be excited about Argus, meeting Alleria and Turalyon.

As fas as I remember all expansions were revealed in Blizzcon(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    That's a completely different argument altogether. You said "the event overall is too small for an expansion announcement" saying that SDCC is a small event.
    Yes, too small for an expansion announcement. That's what I said, what I meant and what is fact. It's even questionable if they'll announce it at Gamescom (which they only did once) so it's funny to think they'd do it at San Diego Comic Con which is even smaller and doesn't focus on gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said anything regarding the amount of people who care about WoW or Blizzard in general. My comment was regarding someone saying SDCC wasn't that big, which is complexity incorrect.

Also where do you get your data from that you know it's 1 in 20? I know a ton of WoW players who go each year, and although I may only know a small portion of both SDCC attendees and a small portion of WoW players, there are definitely more than 1 in 20 in my circle of friends.
    No, it's not when we take Gamescom as the other expo where a potential announcement might happen. And as @Hitei pointed out, every attendee at Blizzcon cares for Blizzard whereas not every attendee at SDCC cares for them.

If anything the expansion will be announced at Blizzcon the only reason why they announced Legion at a con instead of waiting till Blizzcon because of the MAssive failure wod was, they had to do some damage control and say "Look guys this is coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As fas as I remember all expansions were revealed in Blizzcon(?).
    legion was announced at gamescon

If not an expansion, perhaps a pre patch tease. Then the full blown out trailer with guns and ships at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    "They never did that" really isn't the best excuse. afaik no xpac was revealed outside of Blizzcon until last round with Legion at Gamescom, but clearly never having done that didn't stop Blizzard.

Comic-con is by NO MEANS a small event though. Hell, it probably gets wider coverage than Gamescom or Blizzcon. Blizzard is also no stranger to Comiccon, having promoted Warcraft there across a multitude of mediums. Now with all that said, I won't hold my breath. I anticipate the reveal to be at this years Gamescom instead.
    They did the early reveal because WoD was a disaster and they decided to cut it short and move to Legion. They were losing people from the game at an unprecedented rate.

COULD they do a reveal before Blizzcon? In the sense that they can do anything they want, sure. Are they LIKELY to do an announce before Blizzcon? No. Legion seems to be doing fine, they have announce the 7.3 series of patches which will take us into early next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    ... And as @Hitei pointed out, every attendee at Blizzcon cares for Blizzard whereas not every attendee at SDCC cares for them.
    This is also critical. At SDCC an announce gets lost in the swirl of other stuff being talked about. At Gamescom, they would be a bigger factor but it's still not all about them. 3 months after Gamescom, they get to present it how they want with panels Q&As, play areas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They did the early reveal because WoD was a disaster and they decided to cut it short and move to Legion. They were losing people from the game at an unprecedented rate.

COULD they do a reveal before Blizzcon? In the sense that they can do anything they want, sure. Are they LIKELY to do an announce before Blizzcon? No. Legion seems to be doing fine, they have announce the 7.3 series of patches which will take us into early next year.

- - - Updated - - -

This is also critical. At SDCC an announce gets lost in the swirl of other stuff being talked about. At Gamescom, they would be a bigger factor but it's still not all about them. 3 months after Gamescom, they get to present it how they want with panels Q&As, play areas, etc.
    Why would they announce a patch already on the ptr and a .5 patch that focuses on class changes at a convention? Not very hype worthy.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Why would they announce a patch already on the ptr and a .5 patch that focuses on class changes at a convention? Not very hype worthy.
    Agreed, 7.3 is already so datamined it has no hype for a convention at all anymore. The hype was done at Blizzcon last year.

Next expansion is the only Hype they can generate at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad typo on my part, sorry. Should be "they have announced the 7.3 series..." That is, we already have announced patches that take us from here into early 2018 with 7.3 and the raid coming later, presumably in 7.3.5. This is in contrast to WoD where we had nothing announced as far as more patches and they obviously had decided to drop any idea of a 6,3 and move to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes
    because all 130,000 people care about wow...
    i think you need to realize
    yes 130,000>30,000
    but how many of those 130,000 give a shit about wow?
    try reading the otuer comments before you post something so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I wish they announce a new novel or the next part of Chronicles.
    Only problem with that is it would be a novel to go along with the end of this expansion / into the next expansion, so if they did that they might as well announce the next expansion because we'd all be able to deduce it anyway.

I hope they wait until Blizzcon. I think part of the reason for WoD failure ( a small part mind you, the expansion was just garbage) was because they announced Legion extremely early into WoD and from what I've seen of the player base, as soon as the next expansion is announced, their thoughts immediately go to it and "Well, all this work I'm doing now is useless, what's the point?" even if said next expansion is over a year away.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bad typo on my part, sorry. Should be "they have announced the 7.3 series..." That is, we already have announced patches that take us from here into early 2018 with 7.3 and the raid coming later, presumably in 7.3.5. This is in contrast to WoD where we had nothing announced as far as more patches and they obviously had decided to drop any idea of a 6,3 and move to Legion.
    Ah no worries :P But I think Antorus will be around blizzcon anyway, given the length of previous raid patches maybe. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    The second Warcraft movie maybe
    Don't think so. Think the director said there have been 0 talks about another already since it was basically a flop. Unless they want a new director or something.

try reading the otuer comments before you post something so stupid.
    outer comments? i didnt know there was outer comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah no worries :P But I think Antorus will be around blizzcon anyway, given the length of previous raid patches maybe. Who knows.
    As do I. See here for my timeline.http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post46495344

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Only problem with that is it would be a novel to go along with the end of this expansion / into the next expansion, so if they did that they might as well announce the next expansion because we'd all be able to deduce it anyway.
    Well, they could give us another Jaina novel (would love to have that!) talking about what happened since MoP and WoD and why she disappeared in Legion. If we're going to Kul'tiras this could lead to it without too much to reveal.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a second Warcraft movie (at least not in the West, China could do part 2).

I don' think so. Even if they diverged for announcements for Legion, that announcement was three months after Hellfire Citadel released, we knew the story and the content of the patch. Announcing the next expansion before the raid comes out would be insane, let alone the entire patch. Gamescom seems likely this year.

Meh, might be. As long as they aren't doing the "only at comicon" wankery again.

Why would they keep an expansion reveal out of Blizzcon, when we're not even done with the current expansion...?
    It makes no sense at all to have this hope...