62 20.95%
  • No she is not evil - [Horde PoV]

114 38.51%
  • No she is not evil - [Alliance PoV]

50 16.89%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And then you have posters who just spew shit.
    In this thread: If your opinion does not match mine, your opinion is shit.

This thread is going to turn into shit.
    And who's fault might that be?

On topic, yes, Sylvanas is blatantly evil. Whether she believes she is evil or not is open for debate, but there is nothing noble about her character. Trying to justify her actions is ridiculous. Now it's not a bad thing that she is evil, you can argue she is a necessary evil for the Forsaken, even the Horde, but she is without a doubt an evil character. Sorry if you wish to pretend otherwise, friends.

Deleted
    The Joker - evil? No
    Lex Luthor - evil? Oh yeah

She is a banshee whos whole live revolves around being tormented so its not hard to see why she can be a bit prickly at times But Evil?

I dont buy that at all.

Yeah she may have little pity left and knows if she dies its purgatory for her and her people so she will go that extra step to avoid that but i doubt she will ever go all 'EXTERMINATE' must 'ENSLAVE or KILL'!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Yeah she may have little pity left and knows if she dies its purgatory for her and her people so she will go that extra step to avoid that but i doubt she will ever go all 'EXTERMINATE' must 'ENSLAVE or KILL'!!
    You mean like she totally didn't try just that with Gilneas back in Cata? Yeah, she would never commit genocide.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    You mean like she totally didn't try just that with Gilneas back in Cata? Yeah, she would never commit genocide.
    She never commited Genoicde in Gilnaes. Is this the new Mary sue? The word thats dropped the moment you don't like a character?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    She never commited Genoicde in Gilnaes. Is this the new Mary sue? The word thats dropped the moment you don't like a character?
    All those plague bombs were just fireworks. Dammit, no one understand Sylvanas.

War is war the gilneans was a enemy she was TOLD to attack by Garrosh otherwise she wouldnt have even cared.

Not like gas and chemical weapons was never used by civilized society!

Give me a call when she starts doing that to a horde city that wasnt under the control of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    In this thread: If your opinion does not match mine, your opinion is shit.
    Except Friendly was clearly referring to the following post he answered line by line, on the grounds of lore facts, not opinions. Good try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except Friendly was clearly referring to the following post he answered line by line, on the grounds of lore facts, not opinions. Good try though.
    Good try what? Jumping to blatant insults instead of maturely discussing a topic, then saying "This topic has gone to shit."? It doesn't matter how you are pretending to discuss things, if you are jumping to personal attacks then the discussion has, by definition, gone to shit.

Said post he was referring to was a fair argument that didn't involve personal attacks, he felt the need to call it shit yet felt the need to respond to it. Not going to derail this pettiness further but the fact he's calling the topic 'gone to shit' while he's jumping to personal attacks before even taking the time to discuss it makes him all sorts of hypocrite. Sorry.

Said post he was referring to was a fair argument
    It was a post filled with headcanon, speculation presented as proven facts and fake news. Nothing more.

But I guess I'm part of "teh circlejerk" for saying that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    All those plague bombs were just fireworks. Dammit, no one understand Sylvanas.
    Dropping bombs has nothing to do with what genocide means.

- - - Updated - - -

Good try what? Jumping to blatant insults instead of maturely discussing a topic,
    This implies you can maturely discuss headcanon.

Said post he was referring to was a fair argument that didn't involve personal attacks
    Uh, posting headcanon as fact is not a fair argument, and its an attack on anyone that actually knows warcraft's lore at all.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-13 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Good try what? Jumping to blatant insults instead of maturely discussing a topic, then saying "This topic has gone to shit."? It doesn't matter how you are pretending to discuss things, if you are jumping to personal attacks then the discussion has, by definition, gone to shit.

Said post he was referring to was a fair argument that didn't involve personal attacks, he felt the need to call it shit yet felt the need to respond to it. Not going to derail this pettiness further but the fact he's calling the topic 'gone to shit' while he's jumping to personal attacks before even taking the time to discuss it makes him all sorts of hypocrite. Sorry.
    Since the point went over your head for some reason, I'll reiterate. You tried to dishonestly present Friendly's post as some allergic reaction to opposite opinions. But what he addressed were claims, not opinions. At no point did the other poster say "in my opinion", "I think" or the like. And, once again, the issue with these claims in that "fair" argument was that they are fanfiction (which given the fact that this is a forum dedicated to actual lore, does actually make it shit that doesn't belong here, but YMMV).

So, as I already pointed out, from the context of Friendly's reply it was not a case of "If your opinion does not match mine, your opinion is shit." but "If your portrayal of the lore does not match the lore, your portrayal is shit". His tone does not change that. CaptainV's difference in tone does not change that either. And I'm not really sure what the issue with correcting shitty fanfiction is supposed to be.

Finally, on a side note, he didn't say the topic has gone to shit, he said it was going to become shit. Speaking of opinions though, once again referring to the context of his reply, I'd say the reason he said the thread would turn into shit was still the type of fanfiction he quoted moments earlier, since the topic of Sylvanas attracts the people peddling it in swarms for some reason. Which would make him not a hypocrite in the context of his opinion about the nature of the impeding shittiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    It was a post filled with headcanon, speculation presented as proven facts and fake news. Nothing more.

But I guess I'm part of "teh circlejerk" for saying that.
    You forgot SDF. Though I don't actually remember what the "F" stands for. Fanboys? Fuckbois? Fringe? Also, the proper conduct when invoking the mythical TEH CIRCLEJERK is to evoke the aura of a petulant child throwing a tantrum and flailing hands in the air, while at the same time pretending that invoking it wins you the argument and gives you a permanent high-ground for the entire duration of the thread, then escaping from it in total victory. Returning to it after a few days for chest-thumping post-victory bragging is also an acceptable practice.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-13 at 07:45 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

You forgot SDF. Though I don't actually remember what the "F" stands for. Fanboys? Fuckbois? Fringe?
    Can't say that I've heard that before, is it supposed to be short for "Sylvanas Defense Force" or some stupid shit like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Can't say that I've heard that before, is it supposed to be short for "Sylvanas Defense Force" or some stupid shit like that?
    Oh, yeah, force it is. Guess the author by the way :3 Also, read my edit since your usage of TEH CIRCLEJERK leaves much to be desired. You have a lot to learn, young padawan.

Oh, yeah, force it is. Guess the author by the way :3
    I've got a fairly good idea of who might have coined that.

Also, read my edit since your usage of TEH CIRCLEJERK leaves much to be desired. You have a lot to learn, young padawan.
    My apologies, I've only recently begun my training.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say she's evil, just a self serving [Garrosh]bitch.[/Garrosh]

No!

She's fucking annoying! And she's the biggest wimp of the Horde!

But she's not evil!

She's the biggest failure of the Horde!

But she's not crazy!

She's the least capable Warchief so far, only doing a slightly better job than Gallywix at doing things...

But she's not a bitch!

She's a whore! But not a bitch!

She's a super bitch! But she's not a cunt!

That's about it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think that you'll put an end to this debate? How presomptuous... or naïve.

And yes, she is evil. But I won't argue because I'm sick to death with that debate. It will just go on, and on, and on... til our bones are dried and returning to the dust from which they came.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Do you really think that you'll put an end to this debate? How presomptuous... or naïve.

And yes, she is evil. But I won't argue because I'm sick to death with that debate. It will just go on, and on, and on... til our bones are dried and returning to the dust from which they came.
    The poll right now are in favor of Sylvanas not being evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I wouldn't say she's evil, just a self serving [Garrosh]bitch.[/Garrosh]
    She saved the Horde and the Alliance even (if you think about it) at the Broken Shore. Without Sylvanas, everyone would be dead at the Broken Shore. If she did not call the retreat, the Horde would've died and the Alliance would've never gotten away if she stayed. Sylvanas basically forced the hand of fate upon Varian by allowing his sacrifice caused by her retreat to save the Alliance to fight another day.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Sylvanas is evil generally. Yeah she do everything it takes to achieve her goals, but that dosen't make her evil in level of void lords or Sargeras. Ofc this is PoV of horde.

In alliance PoV. He tried do genocide on Gilneas by using chemicals and turn people of Gilneas into undead. They were forced to become what they fight for, before Sylvanas invasion. They became worgens to not succumb into undeath. So yeah for alliance she might be evil...