Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is only by logo and name. All games are run now by Activision employers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Considering Blizzard's enormous expenses in all their fields, YES, "poor Blizzard", indeed.
    i think you missed he was being sarcastic and making fun of you
    and you just made it more funny by falling for it
    you litterally made a thread saying "blizzard is dying"
    the guy responded with "yes poor blizzard"
    then you respond with "no they are not poor, they are a huge company making millions"
    does that not idk, invalidate your original post?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-13 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL overwatch on decline, ye good one honey.

Formerly known as Arafal

Financially they are still doing well. Really well.

Respect from gamers and admiration for their craftsmanship has been going downhill since they merged with Activision. If I was to guess, the corporate environment and the pressure to appeal to more people to make more money were big factors in that.

I follow ESPN on Facebook and every other day there is a story on Overwatch, yes Overwatch on ESPN. It's only getting bigger and the league is about to kick off (with NFL owners and stadiums) and likely to be the thing that gets E-sports going mainstream.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2017-07-13 at 07:21 PM.

If anything they are stronger than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    -WoW still retains millions of players
    -New expansion coming to Hearthstone
    -Last info on Overwatch was 30 million players and rising
    -Starcraft constantly getting DLCs
    -A DLC just came out for Diablo III, with more coming most likely
    -HotS getting a new Hero every 3 weeks

Yea, totally on decline...
    Add to that the SC remastered, and the unannounced-but-we-all-know-it's-happening WC3 and Diablo3 remaster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Since when was Overwatch on the decline? Just keeps getting more popular last time I checked.
    LOL Thats hilarious. Someone that see alot of promotion for a product just assume, its doing well. Kinda like Hearthstone... I guess that game is super successful. Because you play the game, and you see promotions for said product, i guess its sensible to believe that said product is a success LOL hilarious. Just, so... special. I'll name you Trevor.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    This is a joke, I own blizzard-Activision ATVI stock and I can assure you there are no issues. I'm a happy man
    minus 0.98% you must be very happy, indeed...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch doesn't feel the same way as Diablo or Warcraft universes do to me (did not play Starcraft 1 back then), maybe because of the different genre and playstyle.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Blizzard is only by logo and name. All games are run now by Activision employers.
    Wow. It's been 10 years and people still don't understand how Activision-Blizzard works.

WoW is doing well, Overwatch tearing up the charts, Hearthstone is printing money, D3 and Sc2 are stable, HoTS has found its niche in a crowded market.

Last year was their best ever financially, try again OP.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/9/145...arnings-record

HotS viewership is rising. Last info on WoW subscribers was better than last expansion. Overwatch is still getting a steady stream of content as yet another billion dollar franchise, and their e-sports scene is ramping up. Blizzard is doing fine, stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Legion sold more copies than WoD.
    I agree with what you say, but this part is wrong. In their earnings call, they said that Legion is doing slightly better than WoD and that is in money coming in, not sales numbers. Both Legion and WoD sold 3.3 million on their opening days.

Like it or not, WoW isn't doing great these days, which is fine for Blizzard as a whole because they have plenty of other strong titles holding them up. So to answer OPs question, no Blizzard isn't going downhill, even if some of their titles are in decline or stagnant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Last info on WoW subscribers was better than last expansion.
    There is no info about Legion subscribers ...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Oh so you keep hearing that some of your 1-5 friends and some pro players are leaving the game, guess its dead then, oh well they still sold 20 million copies poor blizzard
    30 million*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    minus 0.98% you must be very happy, indeed...
    Good job, now when you actually know how to read a stock let everyone know.
    Considering you have no idea what price they bought it at so a .98% decrease could still be a increase for them.

OT: Man, I wish I had blizzards "problem".

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    There is no info about WOW subscribers ...
    To be fair, you can easily see the higher pop servers compared to how they used to be.

There's definitely a big decline in subs compared to in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    LOL Thats hilarious. Someone that see alot of promotion for a product just assume, its doing well. Kinda like Hearthstone... I guess that game is super successful. Because you play the game, and you see promotions for said product, i guess its sensible to believe that said product is a success LOL hilarious. Just, so... special. I'll name you Trevor.
    Or that the numbers of players they're reporting has been increasing. They kind of can't lie about that to investors or they will be in serious shit.

Nothing to do with advertisements, ya walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    No, actually it just takes a google search of Overwatch.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/w...ing-franchise/

But please,tell us how its not doing well.

I feel like there's a double edged sword to Blizzard. Back when I started in Naxx, Blizz had 3 major IP's. Diablo, WoW, and Starcraft. Since then, the original team has all but gone, and Blizzard is branching into multiple territories with new game genres. If we look at everything piece by piece, we can conclude some things:
    1). WoW is changing. The dev team has changed and the game is starting to branch into new territories. Over time, it has become much more casual player friendly. Is that bad? Well, for the original fans who enjoyed what WoW used to be it is; but, for new players as well as veterans who can adapt to and welcome the change, it doesn't feel detrimental. With Blizzard's new casual approach, a lot of long time veterans are leaving as it's not the game they enjoy, but it is retaining its cyclical playerbase and attracting new players. WoW is not doing bad, but it's just not the giant it used to be.
    2). Blizzard is branching into new IP's, and while they are a polished company, they are bound to have hits and misses. HotS came out to suit the casual player that didn't want to spend 40 minutes in LoLs. There was very little chance to bring those players that love that game over, as it was much more basic. Overwatch is rumored to be on the decline due to losing some focus by twitch and YouTube streamers, as well as the changes blizz has done to the game that the playerbase is starting to hate. While some balancing is necessary, if a company makes adjustments all the time, it's bound to keep pissing people off that like the character before the change.
    Bottom line, Blizz is doing fine, but some of the polish is gone and players find it hard to keep interested in things that constantly change.