Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Lets not forget the blind faithfuls who just buys the product to support the company, when they dont realize that money only goes to the outlet that purchased the manufacturing or already manufactured item or product. Blizzard didnt make their money from your individual sells(unless its digital purchase even then you still have digital distribution), they make their money from the company's who are willing to invest in millions of copies of their product and sell through their own personal brandname. IE game stores, etc. if 30 Million(Exactly 30 million, LOL) copies were sold, they wouldnt even care what that amounted to, because numbers of said product sold is more important to them, than what would have been made from the [exactly! lol] 30 million copies. Because 30 millions copies sold sounds so much better than 1.8 billions dollars not accounting taxes. LOL
    You act like 1.8 billion is something to scoff at

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes definitely. Since Diablo 3 actually, which was a total failure. And WoW expansions have also been gradually dumbed down over the last 6-8 years.

Also not a fan of FPS, RTS, MOBAs, TCG. So their other games don't interest me.

I used to praise Blizzard in the D2, TBC era. But now I despise them and their casual games.
    Your opinion and 2cents on the matter is unnecessary. The humans and nerds of this discussion do not need your participation.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Lets not forget the blind faithfuls who just buys the product to support the company, when they dont realize that money only goes to the outlet that purchased the manufacturing or already manufactured item or product. Blizzard didnt make their money from your individual sells(unless its digital purchase even then you still have digital distribution), they make their money from the company's who are willing to invest in millions of copies of their product and sell through their own personal brandname. IE game stores, etc. if 30 Million(Exactly 30 million, LOL) copies were sold, they wouldnt even care what that amounted to, because numbers of said product sold is more important to them, than what would have been made from the [exactly! lol] 30 million copies. Because 30 millions copies sold sounds so much better than 1.8 billions dollars not accounting taxes. LOL
    Uhm if my game made 1.8 billion in a year before taxes I'd be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Overwatch sold 30mil copies. But it doesnt mean it have 30 mil players. Lot of those players quit.
    Blizz still made the money off the boxes. And quit is rather relative, I don't play much anymore besides events, doesn't mean I quit the game entirely. My GF still plays and gets <30 sec queues, so there's definitely a decent player base, even mid day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you blind poor people, someday you will realize, when corporate greedy Bobby Kottick will show at you all middle finger, and i will laugh hard on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Oh you blind poor people, someday you will realize, when corporate greedy Bobby Kottick will show at you all middle finger, and i will laugh hard on you all.
    At least try to be original. This shit has been said by your ilk since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    At least try to be original. This shit has been said by your ilk since day 1.
    Eh, they single handedly keep the tinfoil business running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    You act like 1.8 billion is something to scoff at
    For this particular situation... it is. Because 1.8B. Because if they personally promote the profit 1.8+billion dollars, than he would to explain the other millions and potential billions of dollars through ad revenue and investments. Blizzard/Activision, made off with more than 1.8B dollars. So, that is why 1.8B is scoff-able.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

For this particular situation... it is. Because 1.8B. Because if they personally promote the profit 1.8+billion dollars, than he would to explain the other millions and potential billions of dollars through ad revenue and investments. Blizzard/Activision, made off with more than 1.8B dollars. So, that is why 1.8B is scoff-able.
    Yes because I'm sure you would be acting like this if you made 1.8 Billion yes? It's a lot of money even without ad revenue and investments.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Where are they? Is this a thing you made up? There is no denying that I love WoW and you will easily find a big bunch of people accusing me of being a "Blizzard white knight and fanboi" and I bloody well didn't buy anything HotS or HS related, didn't buy Overwatch, didn't buy any Warcraft strategy game, never played ...like...Three Vikings or stuff? I played Diablo and WoW and that is it.

So what is this tinfoil theory that people will buy anything that a company brings out because they have a hardon for a company. Is Blizzard Trump now?
    So you dont buy things to support what or who like and never actually use the product? and you play video games, and listen to music? download phone apps? collect bs trinkets like comic books/toys/collectibles?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    People like you need to get off the internet and go for a walk outside. People like overwatch, why is that a big deal?

"I DON'T LIKE THIS GAME SO EVERYONE WHO PLAYS IT IS DUMB" that's you. Don't be you. Be someone else.

So you dont buy things to support what or who like and never actually use the product? and you play video games, and listen to music? download phone apps? collect bs trinkets like comic books/toys/collectibles?
    If I see a game I like I will buy it. Simple as that. Be it Retro or Modern. Recently just bough N Sane Trilogy for PS4 and I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes because I'm sure you would be scoffing if you made 1.8 Billion yes?
    Yes... because I have actually had made more than 1.8B and still making it while Im scoffing on my illegal cigar while blowing smoke in Little Tim-Tims face as he begs me for a quarter. "WTH NRD. Who carries money nowadays? GTFO! 1 currency NWO."

- - - Updated - - -

If I see a game I like I will buy it. Simple as that. Be it Retro or Modern. Recently just bough N Sane Trilogy for PS4 and I'm loving it.
    I liked how you agreed wit hthe concept, but faultly threw in that you love whatever that crap is.

Deleted
    Man I think I've stepped into an alternate universe where people are made of lemons.

Y'all so bitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the actual numbers in front of you that's all your guesstimations, just like everyone else.

No I don't buy games I have no intention of playing. Trinkets and other collectibles aren't the same thing.

Yes... because I have actually had made more than 1.8B and still making it while Im scoffing on my illegal cigar while blowing smoke in Little Tim-Tims face as he begs me for a quarter. "WTH NRD. Who carries money nowadays? GTFO! 1 currency NWO."

- - - Updated - - -

I liked how you agreed wit hthe concept, but faultly threw in that you love whatever that crap is.
    It's almost as if I love video games and enjoy them as a hobby?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    According to their sales numbers, they're on an incline... Overwatch alone is making them billions. Legion sold more copies than WoD. HS is still going strong.

HotS is not doing so good, but it was never really a large IP to begin with. I think Diablo just came out with a new expansion? Dunno, have no interest in that game. Same with Starcraft, never played it, so can't comment on it.

Over all, Blizz is making $$, which is what investors want to see so they can buy their 3rd Ferrari.
    Yeah, I think Blizzard makes close to half of Activision Blizzard revenue. Theres a reason they are in the companies name. Its because they are important. If I had to guess they make around 1.5-3b a year depending on the year. A year with no major releases is closer to 1.5b but a year with a new game or major expasnion is probably closer to 3b. A year in which they release overwatch, a wow xpac, and of course hearthstone adventures had to net them over 3b.

It's almost as if I love video games and enjoy them as a hobby?
    We're not allowed to enjoy things that other people don't, don't you know? Like this argument I got into with an FFXIV FC-mate who believed everyone who played and enjoyed wow was brainwashed and, I quote, "FFXIV is NOTHING like WoW and no part of it has any simularity".

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    -WoW still retains millions of players
    -New expansion coming to Hearthstone
    -Last info on Overwatch was 30 million players and rising
    -Starcraft constantly getting DLCs
    -A DLC just came out for Diablo III, with more coming most likely
    -HotS getting a new Hero every 3 weeks

Yea, totally on decline...
    WoW down to 2-4 mill subs from close to 12 million......
    Hearthstone...wow what a game
    Overwatch has maybe that many copies sold since release, what a winner
    Starcraft....Ive had a blizzard account for close to 13 years and not once have I played starcraft
    Diablo 3 DLC (one new character after how many years?) "with more coming most likely" - thats hilarious
    HotS - LoL just blizzard style, again big woop

Id say they are declining for sure and some people fall for the BS like this crap ^

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I think Blizzard makes close to half of Activision Blizzard revenue. Theres a reason they are in the companies name. Its because they are important. If I had to guess they make around 1.5-3b a year depending on the year. A year with no major releases is closer to 1.5b but a year with a new game or major expasnion is probably closer to 3b. A year in which they release overwatch, a wow xpac, and of course hearthstone adventures had to net them over 3b.
    Last Call Blizzard made more than Activision, but King kills both of them.