Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Anyone know if that net neutrality applay only to USA or if it's worldwide?
    The lobbyists for anti-NN in the U.S. appear to have captured a sufficient amount of the Republican Party that it could be a problem for Net Neutrality in the US. They have managed to install a puppet as head of the FCC who regulates the internet.

i recommend you watch :

( under 6 mins so most should have time for this.

Deleted
    "Do i have to book youtube for 19,99$ extra?"

Thats why missing net neutrality would suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    "Do i have to book youtube for 19,99$ extra?"

Thats why missing net neutrality would suck.
    Then don't pay? If you can't afford it you have bigger issues in life.

the original concept for net neutrality really gained focused as broadband was coming about. certain companies were looking to moving to a website "fast lane" type of pricing.

IE you pay for 1.5Mbps (using early broadband speeds) but you would only get that speed to some sites.. otherwise you would only get just over dial up speeds. if you wanted to access those sites. you had to pay extra package bundle. like adding HBO to your TV provider basicly. luckily these billing models were wisely decided to be a bad move by ISP at the time and none took them to test

in the modern era the concern is more around ISP's throttling things like netflix unless they pay them more esp if said ISP owns a stake in a compeating stream provider. there have already been cases of such things in mobile areas and deciated connections in past years. and the concept is ment to ensure all companies are treated equaily in charges of price per GB used at its simplest
    Last edited by shadofall; 2017-07-13 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Anyone know if that net neutrality applay only to USA or if it's worldwide?
    The current discussion is about the US - specifically if the ISPs need to uphold that.

However, it might spread (and in other countries limits on freedom of speech are more common) - but to me net neutrality is just a symptom - the underlying issue is lack of competition. I could get three different ISPs right now, using different wires - obviously if any of them tried to deliver worse performance of charge more I wouldn't use them.

When you only have one choice that ISP can overcharge and underdeliver - for all web-sites - and net neutrality only ensures that they have to be consistently bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I don't think you're getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't it's just one of those things that has become a societal norm nobody ever really questions, especially considering most don't know what the hell they are talking about or what any of it means, which is as per usual.

Some THINK they do, however these are the exact same people that call Snowden a fucking hero, because he manage to drop the NSA in the shit for trusting him and left his family and loved ones holding the back while her bravely went to Russia.

Ohh he told us a bunch of shit most homeless guys on the corner who smell like pee have been saying for years, only they could tell you what everybody else already knew, the government lies and keeps secrets and do some things most people rather not know about like spying, however these same CHAMPIONS of FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE will gladly go on fucking Facebook, or Twitter and give the exact same permission they are pissed about the GOVERNMENT engaging in.

I mean from what I gathered this is a lot of hysteria about trying to stop Cable and Network providers from doing what they are already doing and most people don't give a shit about, fucking over the consumer.

But suddenly the notion of hyperbole and what this could me rather than what we know it will has taken flight, also never mind your browser history is already up for grabs now.

The point is bottom line for me, I don't really give a flying fuck, and I have no intention of winding myself up about this battle when there are so many more important things like Health Insurance and people dying without lack of care.

So Companys might start tolling and charging company's what has always essentially been free, even though many of those same company's have no fucking problem pissing and bitching about Ad Block or not being able to charge people for the privilege to visit their site.

It's like the YouTube thing a bunch of selfish unimportant attention whores aren't getting paid say stupid shit not allow on regular TV, I say so what.

If you are crying about Net Neutrality but yet have no problem being a greedy little capitalist and fleecing the flock yourself or if you could, You can really spare me the speeches about freedoms that we both know you don't actually give a fuck about.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I love that the go-to attack by these posters is "Well you're just too poor to pay 800 per month for insurance, so clearly your life sucks"

never mind .. i was actually thinking this was a real question.

Deleted
    Oh, i have no problem. We in germany have net neutrality.

It's more about americans having a problem with donnies politics.

And i really support them to keep net neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh, i have no problem. We in germany have net neutrality.

It's more about americans having a problem with donnie.

And i really support them to keep net neutrality.
    As you should, because if US (or any major country that uses the international internet) loses net neutrality, the entire internet economy is damaged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    As you should, because if US (or any major country that uses the international internet) loses net neutrality, the entire internet economy is damaged.
    The meme economy will recover, as it has before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Fully agree.

The meme economy will recover, as it has before.
    Seriously?...so constructive in your own bait thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, do you want to pay more for WoW if Blizzard had to pay internet providers more money for better service?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Simply put, do you want to pay more for WoW if Blizzard had to pay internet providers more money for better service?
    I don't play WoW anymore, Blizzard ruined it with Legion, MoP was better.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play WoW anymore, Blizzard ruined it with Legion, MoP was better.
    But you do understand the question, right? The broader one. That involves the thread you started?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a video thats amusing so maybe people will pay attention instead of having to 'read stuff'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vuuZt7wak

That said, think of it this way. You get your mail every day, largely because you pay taxes. Now, consider a law that allowed your mailman go basically get to your door, and decide that you should pay more for some parts of your mail. Or maybe just not deliver it at all. You've already paid for it, and the shipping. But HE, the mail man (or the post office he works for) decided that prices are different post-shipping/taxes.

Just the same, this would allow your ISP, whose job is literally to ensure that data goes from your computer, through their cables, through their routers, to 'everywhere else', and everything being sent to you from everywhere else comes to you. Those guys would decide what you get, and how fast, based off what either you, or companies, are paying them. You are -already- paying for this service. The service is the package, whatever speed at that is. Your water company can't determine how much water you get, or what you use it on. Your electric company can't determine how much power you get, or which devices it likes and doesn't like. Your ISP cannot, and -should not- determine where you go, what you do, and how fast you can acquire it (up to your rated capacity). IF you pay for 100mbps, you should get close to that, hardware allowing. You shouldn't have to pay extra for Netflix (but not Hulu!), when you're already paying the ISP, and Netflix.

For international people, it affects you because MANY services go through the US. Think of it like buying something and having it shipped by UPS internationally. You pay for shipping, you pay for the product... But some cheesewheel company somewhere in between does the handoff at the docks, and they decide they want a piece of that money pie, and hold onto it (Just like duty, but it isnt).

ISPs in the US will start to change things for the worse, if not ESPECIALLY for international, since they'll have no say in the matter, and no stake.
    Last edited by chazus; 2017-07-13 at 10:01 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

This is some good bait.