Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low Mythic + Wait Times

I don't know if the game is having issues or something but for the past 3 hours, whenever I make a mythic reg -> +5 key, the group will fill up but then we never have a 5th person try queuing up. For example, +5 Court is quick and easy dungeon but yet not a single tank queued for 40 minutes for it.
    Last edited by Banthare; 2017-07-13 at 09:33 PM.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    I don't know if the game is having issues or something but for the past 3 hours, whenever I make a mythic reg -> +5 key, the group will fill up but then we never have a 5th person try queuing up. For example, +5 Court is quick and easy dungeon but yet not a single tank queued for 40 minutes for it.
    Cause +5 is really low for any tank that wants to do M+ to bother probably.

M+ took too long to change to its certain more "casual friendly" approach, making most people not bother with them.

I still know casuals that dont know M+ key doesnt deplete anymore and they actively play, they just dont do M+ cause it "scared them" early on.

People that run them, run much higher ones, 12-15+, not +5, so there arent many "Newbie" or "alts" running smaller ones, hence takes forever to fill one.

Also, most people are afraid of tanking M+ "Not sure what to pull, people yell" "Not sure what to do on eac dungeon and what to pull!"

I stopped running M+ at December and barely run like 60 since then, i dont like them, but once every now and then, especially now thats its 20 essences i will run one, but i wont look at ones below +9-10, they are already too easy.

Of course sometimes i get the occasional "wtf, no wowprogress score!" which i ignore and simply find next group, cleave the dungeon down in 15mins and next one , next week.

Your best bet is to be a tank yourself, or a healer etc, otherwise to do not expect to get lower keys running quickly.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-07-13 at 09:41 PM.

Because mythic+ is dying.... JK. But honestly; I've noticed a huge drop off in mythic+ participation since the AP grind (maw runs etc) ended. The drop off has become even worse it seems since the mythic+ changes in 7.2 or 7.2.5 (whenever the change happened with loot/difficulty/key depletion). When I'm looking for groups now the list is way smaller than it's ever been. I do a 12 or higher each week for class hall cache and that's it. There is no reason to chain run mythic+ like we used to. 3 chesting 5-10's for TF gear was a huge incentive to do mythic+ in that range prior to the changes. Now that you only get 3 pieces of loot per run and the difficulty was increased it's kind of a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause +5 is really low for any tank that wants to do M+ to bother probably.

M+ took too long to change to its certain more "casual friendly" approach, making most people not bother with them.

I still know casuals that dont know M+ key doesnt deplete anymore and they actively play, they just dont do M+ cause it "scared them" early on.

People that run them, run much higher ones, 12-15+, not +5, so there arent many "Newbie" or "alts" running smaller ones, hence takes forever to fill one.

Also, most people are afraid of tanking M+ "Not sure what to pull, people yell" "Not sure what to do on eac dungeon and what to pull!"

I stopped running M+ at December and barely run like 60 since then, i dont like them, but once every now and then, especially now thats its 20 essences i will run one, but i wont look at ones below +9-10, they are already too easy.

Of course sometimes i get the occasional "wtf, no wowprogress score!" which i ignore and simply find next group, cleave the dungeon down in 15mins and next one , next week.

Your best bet is to be a tank yourself, or a healer etc, otherwise to do not expect to get lower keys running quickly.
    I play all three roles, and today I was on my 886 disc priest and literally nobody wanted to do it. Sucks because gearing up alts was pretty much made even harder unless friends are on to help.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Deleted
    As you might have guessed, when you get concordance already on all specs there is no real reason to do them anymore for AP, that means ppl generally only do them for their weekly chest and doesn't bother doing additional ones.

Blizzard pretty much killed M+ with patch 7.2.5 changes. Im nowadays doing mostly 10-15+ runs and yes, M+ feels extremely unrewarding since the changes.
    For an example: +15 run drops 910ilvl gear but to do a smooth run without depleting the key you need a group with higher than 910ilvl gear. I still havent seen a single upgrade from doing 15 runs. Also doing a few world quests award more AP than doing a M+ run which is silly.

Guess the above apply to the lower level keys. I did saw a grp doing +5 and the leader was asking for 895+ geared people. Geared tanks refuse to do lower level keys and the ones that are still gearing cannot get into the group because their ilvl is lower than the "norm".

The new M+ scaling completely messed up the difficulty/reward ratio. I dont get why Blizzard did that instead of letting people do 20+ runs instead. 2-3 chests also worked completely fine.

To get the best M+ experience its good to make btag friends with tanks or play one yourself. Especially since you can control the pulls and flow of the dungeon

Havent noticed any issues, running low or high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Blizzard pretty much killed M+ with patch 7.2.5 changes. Im nowadays doing mostly 10-15+ runs and yes, M+ feels extremely unrewarding since the changes.
    For an example: +15 run drops 910ilvl gear but to do a smooth run without depleting the key you need a group with higher than 910ilvl gear. I still havent seen a single upgrade from doing 15 runs. Also doing a few world quests award more AP than doing a M+ run which is silly.

Guess the above apply to the lower level keys. I did saw a grp doing +5 and the leader was asking for 895+ geared people. Geared tanks refuse to do lower level keys and the ones that are still gearing cannot get into the group because their ilvl is lower than the "norm".

The new M+ scaling completely messed up the difficulty/reward ratio. I dont get why Blizzard did that instead of letting people do 20+ runs instead. 2-3 chests also worked completely fine.
    And yes this on top of what I posted. Why chain 10+ dungeons to get 880-910 gear when the majority of the players doing those level keys are all already 900+ (in most cases). The same probably applies for the people running +5 range. Why run +5 dungeons for 875 loot when you most likely are already 875? The time vs reward effort is no longer there. If you could chain these +5's for 3 chests for a chance at TF then that is worth it.

because there is no incentive at all to do low mythic keys atm - blizzard fucked up their own system and those are consequences.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're just looking at unfortunate times? I ran up a couple of alt keys yesterday and I don't believe any of the groups were in queue for more than 10m.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

+5 isn't worth doing for most people if anyone..

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

The latest M+ changes seems to have created this problem.

The reward ilvl is the problem imo. 910 is too low to be farming gear from. I mean im around 920 on my shaman and most my stuff is getting upgraded from heroic ToS which is way easier than doing M+ for upgrades. 915's plus Teir gear. Its not even close. If ur around 910 ilvl just go run a few bosses of ToS on normal and heroic. Youll get gear alot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I don't know what's the deal but I see more people list up if I put min. ilvl than when I leave it free. Is it some form of reassurement "min ilvl = leader isn't a noob in greens"?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I don't know what's the deal but I see more people list up if I put min. ilvl than when I leave it free. Is it some form of reassurement "min ilvl = leader isn't a noob in greens"?
    Min Ilvl = "more likely to not have to carry some retard 3M HP tank that doesn't know how his active mitigation work". Atleast he'll have enough stamina to sponge the attacks.

I wouldn't do a +5 with the new changes either. In fact I do 1 +15 for the week and that's it.

M+ was another great idea that eventually got driven into the ground like practically everything else ever put in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Min Ilvl = "more likely to not have to carry some retard 3M HP tank that doesn't know how his active mitigation work". Atleast he'll have enough stamina to sponge the attacks.
    Even when the character listing the group is a dps?

But yeah I remember listing a group with min. 860 req. (pretty easy to get with dauntless tokens / wq) for a low key, the 870 tank was decent for his level of gear and experience but the 865 dps... oooh boy, never again. Doing less dps than the tank despite only small ilvl disparity.

Everyone concentrates how "shit are pug tanks" and then I have situations like helping a friend in a low key, he has 855 ilvl and no 3rd relic slot yet, and still he outdpses 880 ilvl dps pug?

Even though I do admit sometimes you pug a tank and he has no clue there is this thing called "affixes" I remember a guy who pulled a boss with a bunch of trash as if it was a daily heroic and then we wiped because oops, bolstering.

Maybe that's why OP can't find people for low keys, a lot of people don't wanna bother since it might be a rough ride when you don't know the rest of the group. TOS LFR is out, free 885 gear dispenser. What level of dungeon you need to run for 885 drops? Pretty sure that's harder than lfr.

But generally my experience was you sit in the queue as 3 dps for 20 min and then if you're lucky healer or tank joins, then you're golden because you usually get the other one fast. As if tanks queued into groups with a healer already and the other way around.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-07-14 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know how much ppl keep doing those around +5. I got my alts to 890-900 ilvl without doing much dungeons and was able to do +10s on them. I feel there is more grps going now than before but for keystone +13 or something. It is not so punishing to fuck up anymore because keystone not depleting. Too bad I'm playing shadow priest and not any fotm dps spec, so I get 20 declines always before I get invited to grp. Been doing high keys since they opened mythic+ but I guess thats not enough. Sorry for little off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Too bad I'm playing shadow priest and not any fotm dps spec, so I get 20 declines always before I get invited to grp.
    Life of every dps, not just the "non fotm one", I've had easier time getting into raid pugs than m+ pugs, both in NH and now in TOS managed to break into normal pug at ~895 ilvl, got few items, finally passed the 900 threshold so next week should be better, while with m+ never managed to get invited into anything above +7 unless I tried to make a group on my own key and even then it was hit and miss.

Did I mention that normal TOS drops 900 ilvl loot while for the same ilvl drops I'd have to run a m+13 and no frigging one is gonna inv an 895 dps to a +13?