Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    There's also a learning curve with the gambit system. Figuring out how to set certain skills (foe vs ally vs self vs when used) is not very well explained, even in the tutorial.
    For experienced players, having them all right from the beginning is a huge change, though I understand that for a new player it could be a little overwhelming. Especially at the start of the game, when you've got little Gil and aren't sure which ones to buy.

If anyone is having serious difficulties with the system, I don't mind posting some generalised good Gambits to get you started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the infamous super boss still in the game and just as boring?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    For experienced players, having them all right from the beginning is a huge change, though I understand that for a new player it could be a little overwhelming. Especially at the start of the game, when you've got little Gil and aren't sure which ones to buy.

If anyone is having serious difficulties with the system, I don't mind posting some generalised good Gambits to get you started.
    Yeah. It had been so long that I forgot how to set up steal and libra... my steal character wouldn't attack, and I forgot that I had to buy "target: self" for libra.
    It's not hard, but it is rather intricate without a very clear tutorial (since it only uses the few gambits that you start with).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Is the infamous super boss still in the game and just as boring?
    That's almost the entirety of conversation on a previous page. Short answer: yes, but the speed boost trims the fight to a more normal length.

It's not hard, but it is rather intricate without a very clear tutorial (since it only uses the few gambits that you start with).
    Yeah, it could have used a follow on tutorial where you're asked to put some of it into practice just to make sure the player has a solid enough grasp on the system to get the most out of it.

If you're willing to really dig into the system though, you can do some amazing things with it. Even if you think of each characters Gambits as just being a DPS rotation you can end up with some very effective ones by just trial and error alone.

That's almost the entirety of conversation on a previous page. Short answer: yes, but the speed boost trims the fight to a more normal length.
    It's not faster because of the speed boost alone. The 9999 damage cap has been removed for starters, and it is shockingly easy to hit it in the main game by as little as the half way point. Just as importantly is that the 6999 damage cap from having Yiazmat below half HP has been removed too. You can really go to town on him now even with minimal prep time.

There are also new weapons added which can hit for upwards of 100k, with Katana like combo rates too. If you have the patience to farm yourself a couple, you can chop him up in no time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have to buy the sealed collector's edition to have the option to play with the original ost (which still sounds better in my ears) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    do you have to buy the sealed collector's edition to have the option to play with the original ost (which still sounds better in my ears) ?
    No, at least the steel book edition comes with the original score as well. Not sure about standard.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    No, at least the steel book edition comes with the original score as well. Not sure about standard.
    Standard has the option as well (I have standard).

Also just to double confirm you can't change a license once u chose it right.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Standard has the option as well (I have standard).

Also just to double confirm you can't change a license once u chose it right.
    You mean the jobs? No from what I understand once you choose you are locked in with no way to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I hope there will be a PC release soon, so I too can buy this game I loved the original one, but never finished it.
    There most likely will be, but they have to make some money off the PS4 version first.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    You mean the jobs? No from what I understand once you choose you are locked in with no way to change it.
    Ya I though so (it did say it) just wanted to be 100% sure. May start over and pick a different job, Wish u could try before u buy tho.

Edit: Is it possible to zoom the cam out?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-14 at 07:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I had a weird thought playing this. for young people who got into the series with FFXV all this constant story must seem like a huge change from boy band road trip adventure

- - - Updated - - -

One thing i noticed very quick: the 'reorchestrated' soundtrack is terrible. Swap it back to the original as default.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I had a weird thought playing this. for young people who got into the series with FFXV all this constant story must seem like a huge change from boy band road trip adventure

- - - Updated - - -

One thing i noticed very quick: the 'reorchestrated' soundtrack is terrible. Swap it back to the original as default.
    They altered the soundtrack? Fuck. FF12 had its critics, but none of them were critical of the music. Well, most weren't. Somethings should be left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    There most likely will be, but they have to make some money off the PS4 version first.
    Well when square does do a PC port in a timely manor you get Nier Automata that has to be fixed by a random fan's mod so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    They altered the soundtrack? Fuck. FF12 had its critics, but none of them were critical of the music. Well, most weren't. Somethings should be left alone.
    The re orchestrated soundtrack is much better. My opinion is not the minority either, the only people complaining about it is the typical people who complain when anything is changed. Nothing is perfect, everything can be improved on and it definitely was. Vanilla FF12 soundtrack got repetitive AF even though it was good, the re orchestrated version is the same great music but with more variance to make it far less repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Not altered it's been re-orchestrated all the music is still the same, but if you wanna listen to the original version you can toggle it in the menu. Apparently the Limited Edition comes with the CD quality version of the original soundtrack as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a lot of fun, but all of the music has been pretty terrible so far. Anyway, what's the difference between original and ost?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm having a lot of fun, but all of the music has been pretty terrible so far. Anyway, what's the difference between original and ost?
    Just better sound quality from what I heard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interdasting. I'll check it out when I'm done with my roulettes in ff14.

The remaster had all of its music redone by a live orchestra I think, just like The Windwaker. The original games had music made on a computer.
    I could be wrong tho

Edit: The internet says there are three versions. Original ps2 music, ps2 steelbook OST, and Zodiac Age rerecording. Steelbook OST is higher quiality than files on the ps2 game disc.
    The Zodiac Age rerecording has higher quality sound with some tracks being completely recorded live and others having parts live.
    Last edited by Gourmandise; 2017-07-15 at 12:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    What do you mean? Ost is the Original Sound Track...
    There's an option for original, orchestrated and ost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    The remaster had all of its music redone by a live orchestra I think, just like The Windwaker. The original games had music made on a computer.
    I could be wrong tho

Edit: The internet says there are three versions. Original ps2 music, ps2 steelbook OST, and Zodiac Age rerecording. Steelbook OST is higher quiality than files on the ps2 game disc.
    The Zodiac Age rerecording has higher quality sound with some tracks being completely recorded live and others having parts live.
    They really should have added descriptions to that because how are you suppose to know without looking it up?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-07-15 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's an option for original, orchestrated and ost.

They really should have added descriptions to that because how are you suppose to know without looking it up?
    Yeah, it's pretty weird, but this game is old and kinda has a niche (for an FF game lol) fanbase I think.
    I'd like to say that they probably just assumed a lot of original owners/fans were going to buy this and knew they'd probably know the differences but it's more likely that they just dropped the ball on a menu option.