Poll: Do you support any secessionist movements?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Well, the south states of the US i guess. Not because i share any of their values but because of the obvious difference in values between them and the northern states. Why force two people who think nothing alike to share borders? They obviously, still to this day dont agree on a single issue and their politics are extremely polarized as a product of that.
    You're severely misinformed on what southern states think, but it's a pretty common ignorance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Ah yes, the try to Tofino/Uke to live in the woods is a rite of passage here.

What high school did your girlfriend go to? If she was trve kvlt it must have been Vic High, I don't think anywhere other schools have the requisite satanic goth spawning pits in their basements.

For reference I went to Oak Bay, she can tell you what that means :3
    Probably Vic High, she was a military brat and I think that's the closest to where she grew up.

I know all about Oak Bay - I was over there for regattas - I went to Brentwood

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A Canadian gothic satanist? How does that work out?
    You summon demons to join you for high tea (at the Empress hotel)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You summon demons to join you for high tea (at the Empress hotel)
    Do you even apologize the demons for all their troubles?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because the French are a bitter and vindictive people.
    I just don't want the federal government to meddle in provincial affairs. It could be done within the current system but it seems English Canadians like too much the federal government.

I'm waiting for the US to secede from Russia but we have to wait for the investigation to conclude. /S

Does anyone else find it really weird that Scotland is being lumped in with the Kurds, Palestine and Tibet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Does anyone else find it really weird that Scotland is being lumped in with the Kurds, Palestine and Tibet?
    Isn't eating British food a type of torture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

That Canadian map probably includes like 1/3 of the US population, in other words 3x Canada's population. Also lol@ the southern states having wildly different values. The biggest disconnect I've seen like that here in America is large urban centers vs the rest of the state. I don't think there is that much difference in experience living in Sacramento vs Charlotte etc... but Take either of those and compare them to Truckee or rural and Wyoming and yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Non troll talk though, I don't know how I feel about more economically prosperous areas wanting to break off like Catalonia, there should be some sort of super majority vote in these cases so that the status quo isn't thrown out the window willy nilly... I support Taiwan and a potential Kurdistan, and conflicted on Palestine. I used to support Tibet, but apparently it was a pretty harsh feudal theocracy pre-china so not so much anymore.

Edit: But I guess in the case of Catalonia it would be pretty harmless when I think of Czechoslovakia. Slovakia was definitely going to be a drag for a little bit so Czech leadership wanted to cut them lose, and corrupt Slovak politicians wanted more power so they split it up. Today its not a big deal, and the 2 countries are neck and neck economically (again going back to the urban center though a lot of this is propped up by Bratislava which has/is becoming incredibly prosperous.
    Last edited by INVASMANIXOXOXO; 2017-05-20 at 06:43 AM.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    That Canadian map probably includes like 1/3 of the US population, in other words 3x Canada's population. Also lol@ the southern states having wildly different values. The biggest disconnect I've seen like that here in America is large urban centers vs the rest of the state. I don't think there is that much difference in experience living in Sacramento vs Charlotte etc... but Take either of those and compare them to Truckee or rural and Wyoming and yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Non troll talk though, I don't know how I feel about more economically prosperous areas wanting to break off like Catalonia, there should be some sort of super majority vote in these cases so that the status quo isn't thrown out the window willy nilly... I support Taiwan and a potential Kurdistan, and conflicted on Palestine. I used to support Tibet, but apparently it was a pretty harsh feudal theocracy pre-china so not so much anymore.

Edit: But I guess in the case of Catalonia it would be pretty harmless when I think of Czechoslovakia. Slovakia was definitely going to be a drag for a little bit so Czech leadership wanted to cut them lose, and corrupt Slovak politicians wanted more power so they split it up. Today its not a big deal, and the 2 countries are neck and neck economically (again going back to the urban center though a lot of this is propped up by Bratislava which has/is becoming incredibly prosperous.
    I thought that Czechoslovakia splitting up was pretty stupid but whatever.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Isn't eating British food a type of torture?
    If British food in general is torture then Scottish food in particular is a death sentence.

Also, obligatory reminder that Scotland would be part of Britain (the island) regardless of its relationship with the UK (the nation.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, I support Scotland, the movements in Ukraine and the Flamish movement.
    Not Frisians?

Deleted
    I support the secession of Karelia, Murmansk and Siberia from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I support the secession of Karelia, Murmansk and Siberia from Russia.
    I think Karelia should succeed from Russia and join Finland as an autonomous region. Karelian and Finnish are already closely related languages.

Taiwan
    Eastern Ukraine
    Kurdistan (stretching across parts of SE Turkey, N Syria, N Iraq, and NW Iran)
    Republika Srpska
    Tibet
    I'd like to see Mongolia and Inner Mongolia reunited, but that will never happen.
    Republic of Artsakh
    South Ossetia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Why do people think that Canadians would even want the shitty Rust Belt states and New England in the first place? Y'all suck. They're crime ridden, gun infested shitholes with third world infrastructure, and a population that's going to think 'New Canada' should revolve around them.
    I personally think Canada should become the 51st state.

I support all of america that has the strength of will to secede from the trumpian idiocracy.

Chechnya. Half of Chechnya is fighting for ISIS.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I support the San Andrean movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I personally think North Montana should become the 51st state.
    Fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue States Form 3 separate unions and Red States do the same and or form with other like states and make a new union.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The (partially tongue-in-cheek) movement to make Galicia independent from Spain and formally apply to being a Portuguese region.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I support the San Andrean movement.
    Such a catastrophic movement would leave the US fractured.