Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    5. Jack - Titanic
    4. Sirius Black - Harry Potter
    3. Dumbledore - Harry Potter
    2. Mufasa - The Lion King
    1. Logan - Logan
    Damn, how could I forget Mufasa? Gets me every time.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Logan from the movie Logan.

This page from the X-23 comics

Data's death in Star Trek Nemesis
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

There are definitely plenty of sad deaths, but right now what immediately came to my mind was Edward Newgate (Whitebeard) from the anime One Piece. A lot of fans felt so sad about Ace, but somehow Whitebeard's death was absolutely what hit me the most.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    !!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS ALL BELOW!!!!!!!!!

1. The Road

Most recent is probably the death scene in The Road. I haven't balled out so much in a movie since.

of the death because the focus is really between the love of the father and son with the backdrop of a post apocalyptic world. But the focus is the father and son relationship, so when shit hits the fan at the end you are really hitting a brick wall emotionally.

I advice people to maybe read the book (by Cormac McCarthy) first as it is also good, before approaching the movie. But it doesnt matter. But the sourse material deserves a lot of love too.

Viggo Mortensenn is such an under rated actor, man deserves so much credit. He might be one of my favourite actors right now. Some of his recent movies (also under rated and totally badly marketed), have been shining gems of awesomeness. [/spoiler]

2.Land Before Time

For nostalgia purposes I must mention the death of Littlefoots mother in Land Before Time.

The first movie I ever felt sad over. I swear Don Bluth loved to want kids to suffer, and this is why I love Don Bluth so much, in his movies he would give you hope, comedy and also tradey that most kids movies at the time didn't give you, he wasnt afraid to scare children, because kids need to be scared.

This scene especially as a 5-6 year old self from back then, this probably was the first movie to move me emotionally.

3. Gladiator, I meanwhile the movie is looked back on now as being not as good as it was, I still feel that even though, they may be right, there still seems to be a charm to this movie, outside the hammy acting of Joaquin Phoenix, Russel Crowe delivers his best performance to date.

This scene pretty much came out of no where for me at the time as even though I should have expected it to come, I also didn't expect it.

4. Kinney's death in X-23
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post

This page from the X-23 comics

5. Wolverine (comics and movie)

I got two for this one as it is cheating but they are similar

Logan. The death of Wolverine, wasn't sad for me because it was the death of Wolverine, it was Hugh Jackman saying good bye to Wolverine and that alone goign into the movie and knowing this made this scene the most emotional. While I have never been a fan of the X-Men movies, this one truely was a love letter to Jackmans character.

The Death of Wolverine
    . I been reading X-MEn comics since 1989, and during that time, I connected well with Wolverine in them, I loved his chaarcter, so when they announced his death I was mighty sceptical about how they were going to handle it, after all Marvel have an awful reputation for killing of characters for shock factor with little to know purpose or rhyme of reason.

But with this series it was titled The Death of Wolverine, so you knew what was going to go down, you just wanted to see how, and to m,e it didn't disappoint.

Those final panels are just so sad. When Cornelius asks during Logans last moments that all he did was kill people and he achieved nothing, so when Cornelius is killed Logan answers "enough" as images of his past and the good he had did flash before him before he dies.

Beautiful
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-06-20 at 11:26 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So many deaths in MBotF are gut-wrenching.

Duiker getting crucified is another notable one, because he wasn't even a combatant.
    I could make my whole list up out of moments in MBotF but the one that STILL gets me:

1. Stormy and Gesler, the battle for the spire: Gesler knowing he shouldn't look back to watch Stormy die to keep Sinn from burning them both alive because they have to get to the spire to get the heart of the crippled god, but he can't stop himself so he looks back and watches his friend being engulfed in Sinn's flames.

2. Half the Gentlemen Bastards in The Lies of Locke Lamora: I wasn't prepared for all but two of them to die, even knowing that Locke couldn't make it through the narrative without losing something vitally important. What a great book that was.

3. Prince Ellidyr Son of Pen-Llarcau. Technically an antagonist, but his death towards the end of the Black Cauldron had a huge effect on how I read antagonists in book series after that, even if the book is 50+ years old.

4. That Goddamn Horse in The Neverending Story. Watched that movie is school. Had to excuse myself cause it was a terrible day for rain.

5. Susan Rodriquez during 'Changes', the Dresden Files. Incredibly epic book in that series.

Joffery in GoT's was a very sad death.

Kamina's death.

/Thread

In no particular order:

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars VI

Varian Wrynn in WoW

Tirion Fordring also in WoW

Ned Stark in GoT

Leonidas in 300

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Joffery in GoT's was a very sad death.
    I didn't like seeing him die, as he gave everyone someone to root against. There wasn't really anything fun about his cruelty. On the flip side, as rancid as people saw Ramsay Bolton, RamBo was at least entertaining in his antics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Honorable mention:
    Itachi Naruto.
    Its not as sad the first time you watch it because you still think hes a villain at the time, but after you learn about the truth it is kind of soul crushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Order isn't important, but my 5.

1. Stormy - Odd Thomas. The thing that got me so well about this one is that we as the reader (or watcher) knew that stormy was gone but had to watch this boy struggle before being forced to realize that the woman he loved was dead.
    2. Katsumoto - The Last Samurai. A powerful scene that just makes you feel, especially when the enemy troops all kneel, just beautiful.
    3. Roland's Ka-tet - Dark Tower series. The way he loses/sacrifices everything for the tower, such a powerful message (that to me highlights the dangers of obsession).
    4. Susan- Dresdin Files. While she wasn't my favorite character, Butcher delivered that scene FLAWLESSLY.
    5. Marag - Grandia II, though his death is one of the most badass in gaming.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2017-07-10 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

1. Setsuko and Seita - Graveyard of the fireflies
    2. Elie Docter - UP
    3. Neil McCauley - Heat
    4. Snape - Harry Potter
    5. Spock - Wrath of Khan

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My list is dominated by Sean Bean
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Joyce Summers - Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

For a show where every death is supernatural and fixable or at least could be avenged, this is the first time a main character has suffered from something 'ordinary'. It immediately made the world more real and snapped the audience out of this big supernatural adventure back to reality that sometimes awful shit just happens and there's nothing you can do about it no matter how many superpowers you have. Anya's reaction summed up mine pretty well.

Jake Chambers - The Dark Tower

It's a bit meta, trying to save the author of the story inside his own story, but the death seemingly came out of nowhere, sacrificing himself so the mission could continue. The grief of Oy and Roland is massive. "Go, then. There are other worlds than these."

Littlefoot's mum - The Land Before Time

Shocked the hell out of me as a kid. LOVE this movie but she defends her kid to the end, facing off against the sharp-tooth.

Artax - Neverending Story

Atreyu's screams when Artax gives in to the sadness...i'm not crying, you're crying.

Thomas Jay - My Girl

Poor Macaulay Culkin. He can't see without his glasses.

Will Smiths character in 7 pounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamina - TTGL. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!

Ka D'argo - Farscape. I fucking love Farscape. Seriously, it was my favourite show from the age of about 14 till last year, when Orphan Black stole the crown. One of the main reasons I loved it was the badass Gun/Sword wielding hulk legend that was Ka D'argo... And then during the climax of "The Peacekeeper Wars", the miniseries finale monster we got instread of a proper final season... They decide to kill him off. Because they're assholes. Even though he had the best last line of any TV hero ever, it was still WAY too sad. As with so many cases, it wasn't the scene itself that got me, it was the reaction scenes that followed.

Maes Hughes - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood If you can watch this and not get upset, you're dead inside.

Doctor Mark Green - E.R. FUCK you E.R. for making so many amazing characters and then killing them. Bastard show. But of all the deaths they inflicted on us, seeing Mark Green's gradual decline was by far the most gutwrenching.

Joyce Summers - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In the same way that Marvel pulled it off with the Death of Captain Marvel (the first, good one.) BTVS really hit us in the gut by having our characters fight and overcome all manner of mystical, seemingly invincible enemies... Then just when we felt safe, and protected, they ruined everything by having an aneurysm kill Buffy's mother. What the fuck man? I was only watching the fucking show because I fancied Willow, and you've got to lay this heavy shit on me? I just about managed to hold it down for the majority of the episode, but then when Anya breaks down towards the end, I just about lost it.

Fuck you Joss Whedon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Order isn't important, but my 5.

1. Stormy - Odd Thomas. The thing that got me so well about this one is that we as the reader (or watcher) knew that stormy was gone but had to watch this boy struggle before being forced to realize that the woman he loved was dead.
    Only time I weeped a little as a reader. I was zipping along and then I was like... oh shit...

Addy Tomlin was too hot to play her in the movie, but to me that made me even more connected, cuz now it's also a hot chick. AND even now, with Anton gone... that whole ending is sad as shit to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I think Hodor takes the cake for me. The most loyal servant you can think of, doomed from childhood to sacrifice himself and die a horrible, cold death...alone.

1. Varian.

2. Tirion.

3. Hodor!

4. Robb/Catherine stark.

5. Rickon! WHY DIDN'T HE ZIG ZAG?! D:
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-07-13 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Only time I weeped a little as a reader. I was zipping along and then I was like... oh shit...

Addy Tomlin was too hot to play her in the movie, but to me that made me even more connected, cuz now it's also a hot chick. AND even now, with Anton gone... that whole ending is sad as shit to watch.

Thanks to this post, I went and watched the movie.. That ending

Now I hate you and this thread lol

1. The Terminator
    2. Littlefoot's mom
    3. Sean Bean. Pick any role.
    4. Wash or Shepard Book of Serenity
    5. Mu-motherfucking-Fasa

Honorable mention: Dizzee of Starship Troopers
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.